Why do Thai people always think a farang wants a Thai girlfriend?

michaeltheR

Another thing I noticed that friends who are in the West keep on asking me why I have not got a girlfriend yet, because its alledged so "easy" to get a girlfriend here. Well I dont hang around at beer bars so I am not hansum man and to date a normal working Thai woman requires as much work as dating a Farang girl. Thai woman are quite friendly and open to conversations, but if I am not ready for a relationship then better not to have than to have no time and interest.

• Like 1

Another thing I noticed that friends who are in the West keep on asking me why I have not got a girlfriend yet, because its alledged so "easy" to get a girlfriend here. Well I dont hang around at beer bars so I am not hansum man and to date a normal working Thai woman requires as much work as dating a Farang girl. Thai woman are quite friendly and open to conversations, but if I am not ready for a relationship then better not to have than to have no time and interest.

And Thai women whilst known to be fun with are very trivial. I am looking for a real companion in live it wont be a Thai woman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Funny also the people who have never been in Thailand who think it is easy to get into a relationship with a Thai girl not knowing that less than 2% of women are in the P4P scene and that it takes hard work to get into a relationship with a normal Thai girl like in the West,.

• 4 weeks later...

And Thai women whilst known to be fun with are very trivial. I am looking for a real companion in live it wont be a Thai woman.

youre generalizing

I could rant on about this subject but think on you take care of a thai lady she in return takes care of the language barrier,knows of someone who can do for you, does cooking and laundry,and if needed takes care of the intimate things you like/dislike.

So not a bad deal when you think of what a lady from home does or doesnt do for the same price,and not all thais are there for money trust me Amen.cheesy.gif

Edited by Brit_Doggie

youre generalizing

Anyone in Thailand who doesnt believe they are the cutest girls on the planet, save other asian girls,

is not a male human,

no need for further commentary here, as this OP or whoever is the poster about this, is obviouly some british wierdo who has lived with mum his whole life

I don't know why people always mention how much 'hard work' it is to get a girlfriend etc etc ... erm, that's kind of life, isn't it? You meet someone that thinks or expects a few years or more out of you then they want to run the rule over you and you over them. That's courtship all around the world

In Thailand, and every other big city in the world, you can always arrange or seek non-P4P hook ups if you really put the effort in but in Thailand the P4P is even easier and more accessible

Having spent a lot of time in Asia the white anglo-saxon male that looks fairly decent can always get some interest from the local population in the right circles but whatever it is you're looking for I find you can generally find it if you look hard enough

Funny also the people who have never been in Thailand who think it is easy to get into a relationship with a Thai girl not knowing that less than 2% of women are in the P4P scene and that it takes hard work to get into a relationship with a normal Thai girl like in the West,.

Here we go again... Trivial? Really? In what way? Please elaborate for those of us uninformed.

I'm not sure what circles you frequent since you say 98% of the girls here are non P4P. You also say getting a date with these girls is as difficult as in the west. Doesn't sound trivial to me.

All the attention on the 2% has created this complete fallacy about the large majority of ​Thai girls. As in any other country, many here are non-'trivial'. Th​is includes, you know, the kind that seek a genuine relationship, have a conscience and are far more intelligent than the average foreigner here seeking them (although that's not saying much).

The decent ones are easy to find if you look among the 98%. Granted, farangs are at a slight disadvantage since many of these girls prefer Asian, but with so many attractive women here it's really not difficult to find a 'real companion'.

Here we go again... Trivial? Really? In what way? Please elaborate for those of us uninformed.

I'm not sure what circles you frequent since you say 98% of the girls here are non P4P. You also say getting a date with these girls is as difficult as in the west. Doesn't sound trivial to me.

All the attention on the 2% has created this complete fallacy about the large majority of ​Thai girls. As in any other country, many here are non-'trivial'. Th​is includes, you know, the kind that seek a genuine relationship, have a conscience and are far more intelligent than the average foreigner here seeking them (although that's not saying much).

The decent ones are easy to find if you look among the 98%. Granted, farangs are at a slight disadvantage since many of these girls prefer Asian, but with so many attractive women here it's really not difficult to find a 'real companion'.

they are too lazy to learn some conversational thai and so must confine themselves to the 2%

• 3 years later...
On 7/22/2014 at 2:42 PM, Razzler1973 said:

I don't know why people always mention how much 'hard work' it is to get a girlfriend etc etc ... erm, that's kind of life, isn't it?

Not really, I've had a live in lover all my adult life (that's about 40 years with maybe 6 months of accumulated gaps).

When one left, another moved in, and I ain't even hansum.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Back in the UK I managed to bed a white landwhale from a local council estate.

Most of us take what's on offer in the locality.

Yup, all that's needed is a litre of White Lightening & a few doughnuts.

Then Robert's your father's brother...

:laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

Back to the OP, I agree with what other people have said regarding the Thai mindset in relation to them finding it weird how someone would like to be single. I enjoyed it when I was younger and I still know many who choose to be single here / back home in England and not tied down to a relationship.

I must say they are all male though. I do think from a female point of view it is different and many have the dream of finding their white knight who sweeps them away for marriage and a family far too soon. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Back to the OP, I agree with what other people have said regarding the Thai mindset in relation to them finding it weird how someone would like to be single

Yes I have found the same thing myself here because many Thai women are astounded when I say that I live alone.

The usual questions about, "who care for you", "what happen when you mai sabai?", "who cooking/cleaning for you" etc abound, although they do seem to understand when I tell them that I like to live alone because I don't have a woman who will "yak yak" me too much!

Having said that I've had a few of them offer to come and take care of me, and I say that when I get really old (I'm 70 now) and can't manage, then maybe I will give them a call!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/02/2018 at 3:10 PM, xylophone said:

Yes I have found the same thing myself here because many Thai women are astounded when I say that I live alone.

The usual questions about, "who care for you", "what happen when you mai sabai?", "who cooking/cleaning for you" etc abound, although they do seem to understand when I tell them that I like to live alone because I don't have a woman who will "yak yak" me too much!

Having said that I've had a few of them offer to come and take care of me, and I say that when I get really old (I'm 70 now) and can't manage, then maybe I will give them a call!

They probably think you're gay.

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2018 at 7:54 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

My girlfriend told me that when she was a child lots of people told her she will marry a farang.

It seems that was the polite way of telling her: No Thai wants to marry a small brown girl like you.

I like small and brown girls...

Most middle class and above Thais have no interest in farangs. Tends to be the lower class ones that are desperate for money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Most middle class and above Thais have no interest in farangs. Tends to be the lower class ones that are desperate for money.

And you think because my girlfriend is small and brown she can not possibly belong to anything but the lower class, correct? And obviously she must be desperate for money...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In general.... Young well educated, intelligent men will attract young well educated women of any nationality and this is no different in Thailand. 

I've never managed to attract young (attractive) well educated women in any country, of any nationality (for LTR).

A problem many white men are finding in western countries if you bother to read any MGTOW or NeoMasculine forums.

Sure, you can find one to bang for a night or two, but educated (and especially white) women seem to have become 'Sluts'R'Us'.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

That's just not true...  Most Middle Class and above are well educated and as such have the benefit of individual thought and can make their own choices. They can readily evaluate whether the person they meet is decent or a timewaster, whether they are themselves educated and from socially and financially equivalent back rounds...  Unfortunately, whilst many foreigners here believe they are fit for type they are often punching way above their weight when it comes to these 'middle-class' Thais... 

In general.... Young well educated, intelligent men will attract young well educated women of any nationality and this is no different in Thailand. 

You are wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justfine said:

That might be in the bar scene with the older gents. There are many younger people living here like myself, as well as quite a few other people I know, who aren't in relationships with lower class Thai women. 

I agree, there is that stigma with relationships like that with Thai's of a certain social status, but I would say in my experience that it certainly isn't as cut and dry as just 'they must nearly all be poor lower class women with no education or job prospects'. 

Edited by BobbyL
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

That might be in the bar scene with the older gents. There are many younger people living here like myself, as well as quite a few other people I know, who aren't in relationships with lower class Thai women. 

I agree, there is that stigma with relationships like that with Thai's of a social status, but I would say in my experience that it certainly isn't as cut and draw as just 'they must nearly all be poor lower class women with no education or job prospects'. 

35yos with ugly not rich 70yos are desperate.

• Like 1