Tire/Wheel - Size Advise Please

moonseeker

A friend need advise, please:

Honda CRV 2002

Now equipped with 215/60 R-16 Bridgestone ECOPIA.

Needs to replace two of the tires only, but can only find 215/65 R-16 Bridgestone DUELLER

Does the size difference of the rubbers create a problem?

What about the different type of profile?

Larger (new) set of tires in front or back?

Thanks for any advise. We are in Pattaya.

Regards. MS>

the axle with the /65 would be 1 cm higher than the /60 ! So to speak you get a 1 cm lift ! ( 215 x 60% = 12,9cm . 215 x 65% = 14 cm )

technically your car will also be faster with the "bigger" tire but slower in acceleration.

But you won't really feel it as the difference is to small.

As for the different profiles. as long both are the same type of profile ( off road , on road, rain, all terrain etc. ) I wouldn't mind to much but always prefer same profile on all 4 tires.

If you go ahead, put them on the rear. guess the car looks funny if the front is a bit higher than the rear.

I would order the correct size and wait for.

or order 4 tires of the bigger size.

• Like 2

the axle with the /65 would be 1 cm higher than the /60 ! So to speak you get a 1 cm lift ! ( 215 x 60% = 12,9cm . 215 x 65% = 14 cm )

technically your car will also be faster with the "bigger" tire but slower in acceleration.

But you won't really feel it as the difference is to small.

As for the different profiles. as long both are the same type of profile ( off road , on road, rain, all terrain etc. ) I wouldn't mind to much but always prefer same profile on all 4 tires.

If you go ahead, put them on the rear. guess the car looks funny if the front is a bit higher than the rear.

I would order the correct size and wait for.

or order 4 tires of the bigger size.

I also agree.

The best scenario would be to have the same size for a set of 4 tires but in reality, each vehicle owner's personal circumstances may vary.