DSI warns Attorney General’s decision could affect court trials

Lite Beer

I commented that it was significant he had never been charged and that there were reasons for this omission by Abhisit.You ignore all this - challenging I know actually having to think issues through.

Strange isn't it when reasons are given you are totally unable to accept or even understand them and you then as per your normal tack like a good many other Thaksin fans set up a diversion from the real facts to protect your hero.

Try looking at reality then you might have second thoughts about cheering for Thaksin and his devilish deeds.

That's a bit unfair, jayboy. Remember that there are still several cases awaiting for k. Thaksin to hear the charges? With such a backlog and our criminal fugitive still on his bail jumping tour not much progress there. We have to rely on Abhisit/Suthep for amuzement as they will appear to hear the charges against them.

I don't think it's unfair at all.Why wasn't the drugs war case taken up in the first place.We know that the old elites were frantically looking around for a judicial hook to hang Thaksin on long before they settled on relatively trivial charges.Why was the greatest crime ignored?

The plot thickens. Tarit warns the AG & the AG is 'reviewing' the Thaksin case dismissed by his predecessor.

Looks like they are pretending to show a chink of impartiality while knowing that the amnesty will overrule all the shenanikins.

I commented that it was significant he had never been charged and that there were reasons for this omission by Abhisit.You ignore all this - challenging I know actually having to think issues through.

Strange isn't it when reasons are given you are totally unable to accept or even understand them and you then as per your normal tack like a good many other Thaksin fans set up a diversion from the real facts to protect your hero.

Try looking at reality then you might have second thoughts about cheering for Thaksin and his devilish deeds.

Believe me there has been extended analysis beyond the limits of Thai Visa about why Thaksin was never charged with drugs wars offences.If this is news (ie that it had the fervent support of the unelected elites backing Abhisit),so be it.But you should be proud of the puerile insult - "cheering for Thaksin and his devilish deeds"

That's a bit unfair, jayboy. Remember that there are still several cases awaiting for k. Thaksin to hear the charges? With such a backlog and our criminal fugitive still on his bail jumping tour not much progress there. We have to rely on Abhisit/Suthep for amuzement as they will appear to hear the charges against them.

I don't think it's unfair at all.Why wasn't the drugs war case taken up in the first place.We know that the old elites were frantically looking around for a judicial hook to hang Thaksin on long before they settled on relatively trivial charges.Why was the greatest crime ignored?

Because as legally horrendous it was to execute a lot of people, a lot of very important people didn't care, or even tacitly supported it.

Because as legally horrendous it was to execute a lot of people, a lot of very important people didn't care, or even tacitly supported it.

Eureka.Someone finally gets it.

That's the conspiracy theory answer.

The real answer is that, apart from a very few cases - most notably the Kalasin case - relatives of those who were killed were too fearful of coming forward to give evidence against the police. With no tangible evidence it would have been futile to take up a case against Thaksin.

• Like 1

That exactly right, Abihist's administration relied on the support of Newin Chidchob and the Bhumjaithai Party, without them they couldn't govern. Now what was Newin's involvement in the Thaksin's crimes against humanity?

Now if jayboy has finished hijacking the topic with his off topic banter can we get back on topic.

Some how I smell sibling rivalry, two Thaksin love children fighting for attention.

Edited by waza

The real answer is that, apart from a very few cases - most notably the Kalasin case - relatives of those who were killed were too fearful of coming forward to give evidence against the police. With no tangible evidence it would have been futile to take up a case against Thaksin.

From the bottom looking up, of course people were terrified.

From the top looking down, a lot of very important people saw it as the associated cost of cleaning that stuff up.

Oh so that's the real answer.How convenient for the enthusiastic amart supporters of the drugs war who would have shitted themselves if Abhisit had the courage to take Thaksin to task for this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why would the courts run the cases separately when the defence will be exactly the same for every one of them?

I think the implications are that the response from abhisit and suthep towards the protesters escalated over time. The security forces at first were allegedly issued with blank ammo (yeah sure) to being issued with live ammunition, to establishing barricades, to employing snipers and live fire zones and finally to the assault on the Protest Site.

Hence it could be established whether the response was disproportionate or discriminatory as time went by. If that is the case the "get out of jail free" card that the emergency decree provides them is null and void.

And of course the 'protesters' or their well meaning black shirted aides only had grenades that stuck out a flag with the word bang written on it.

“We have to respect the right of those injured in and damaged by the protest. They have filed complaints with the authorities. We have to consider their petitions on a case-by-case basis,” he said.

Oh really Mr. Tharit? So please enlighten us on the progress of following cases because they seem to be put on hold for reasons you most probably only know:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/11/17/politics/Reds-%E2%80%98men-in-black%E2%80%99-involved-in-eight-cases-of-30142435.html

What about the rights of all the small businesses that were closed down and the rights of the honest hard working citizens who lost their employment for a period of time due the actions of armed peaceful protesters earning 500 baht a day.36_12_21.gif

typical PTPredshirt reply to that.

Disgusting the whole lot of them.

That includes any one with at least a grade three western education who defends them.

• Like 1

“We have to respect the right of those injured in and damaged by the protest. They have filed complaints with the authorities. We have to consider their petitions on a case-by-case basis,” he said.

Oh really Mr. Tharit? So please enlighten us on the progress of following cases because they seem to be put on hold for reasons you most probably only know:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/11/17/politics/Reds-%E2%80%98men-in-black%E2%80%99-involved-in-eight-cases-of-30142435.html

What about the rights of all the small businesses that were closed down and the rights of the honest hard working citizens who lost their employment for a period of time due the actions of armed peaceful protesters earning 500 baht a day.36_12_21.gif

That includes any one with at least a grade three western education who defends them.

I read 100,000 Thais were sent bankrupt and lost businesses as a direct result of the Red riot in 2010

Edited by waza

I read 100,000 Thais were sent bankrupt and lost businesses as a direct result of the Red riot in 2010

PTPredshirt democracy in action.

Why is the government so quiet on that.

so far all we have heard is the red shirts were innocent.

They were the only ones harmed.10_4_6.gif

As long as the Amnesty Bill is not enforced, investigations in the 2010 case would carry on, he said.

I think that says it all!

That's about as subtle as Tarit gets.

He wants to show the big boss that its his pressure that will force the bill through, not the AG's. Competition to be the boss's favorite !!

Isn't the AG Tarrit's boss ? I'd be really pleased of one of my reports publicly warned me in the press whistling.gif

Edited by Baerboxer

Good for you. Did you believe the figures? Check them against other sources? Or have you just made them up and decided to post them knowing your peers will pick them up, embelish the figures and then post them up as gospel, further up the line?

p.s I heard that it was 250,000.

Edited by fab4

Good for you. Did you believe the figures? Check them against other sources? Or have you just made them up and decided to post them knowing your peers will pick them up, embelish the figures and then post them up as gospel, further up the line?

Ah good to see your back to the red formula, but you forgot to blame Abihist and went straight to flaming the post and the poster. As for making things up I will leave that to you.

as 100,000 people have lost their jobs, gone bankrupt, or both, as a result of the ...

Edited by waza

Ah good to see your back to the red formula, but you forgot to blame Abihist and went straight to flaming the post and the poster. As for making things up I will leave that to you

No flaming, just healthy scepticism. Do you have a source for your figures? If not I can only make assumptions as I have.

Ah good to see your back to the red formula, but you forgot to blame Abihist and went straight to flaming the post and the poster. As for making things up I will leave that to you

No flaming, just healthy scepticism. Do you have a source for your figures? If not I can only make assumptions as I have.

Try researching your own posts like I do

The political standoff and the subsequent violent clashes caused losses of about $US1.9 billion ($NZ2.8 billion) to $US2.2 billion in tourism revenues, according to Atthachai Burakamkovit, permanent secretary of the Tourism and Sports Ministry. http://www.odt.co.nz/lifestyle/travel/109584/thailand-counts-cost-may039s-rioting

Traders around the Ratchaprasong and Siam Square shopping precincts – where the red shirt protesters have closed a key intersections since April 3 – have already predicted that the protests have already cost businesses in the area approximately B2 billion per day in lost revenue. http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2010/4/12/global-financial-crisis/riots-bleeding-thailand-dry

as 100,000 people have lost their jobs, gone bankrupt, or both, as a result of the .......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Thai_political_protests

Edited by waza

Did Thaksin buy Abhisit because the latter did nothing to press drug war charges against the former when the latter was in power? Don't think so. Army may have approved but wasn't really involved in drugs war - a police matter.

You would do well to remember that Abihist was somewhat preoccupied with other matters that were being financed and managed by Thaksin and his motley crew , thus the matter of the unlawful massacre of many innocent people in ''the war on drugs'' could not be followed up.

Oh right, he was "preoccupied with other matters".But since Abhisit's main preoccupation in office was hounding down Thaksin, it is on the face of it inexplicable he shouldn't find the time to press the one charge that woulds actually have neutralised Thaksin forever.Unless of course there is another reason different from your childish and absurd interpretation.

Thank you. That is the first acknowledgement of one reason why PM Abhisit was so ineffective while in office. I can think of two others that are germane to all the nonsense that has gone on since 2006. Wish you would illuminate them without a prompt.