PM Yingluck draws line between amnesty bill and rally crackdown case

webfact

PM draws line between amnesty bill and rally crackdown case

BANGKOK, 30 October 2013 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has clarified that the government’s push for the amnesty bill is a separate issue from the search for culprits in the 2010 protest crackdown.

Prime Minister Yingluck said on Tuesday that she did not want to see chaos happen during the review of the amnesty bill as the bill still had many processes to go through and needed to be carefully handled.

She also hoped parliamentary debates would help the public understand the controversial law better.

The premier stressed that the prosecution of the people behind the political crackdown and the effort to seek approval for the amnesty bill were different stories.

She pointed out that there were already fact-finding panels to investigate the crackdown in accordance with the legal process, whereas the amnesty bill was the determination of all sectors who wanted to see the nation move forward.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-30 footer_n.gif

"Prime Minister Yingluck said on Tuesday that she did not want to see chaos happen during the review of the amnesty bill as the bill still had many processes to go through and needed to be carefully handled."

Just run away to Hawaii, so you don't have to see anything that's happening in Thailand, .... just smiley smiley thank you run away, then run away, like you usually do then... easy.... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Just total obscurfuction to confuse her ignorant followers that the 'Total Amnesty' bill she is trying to push through is really not related to the 2010 search for culprits with the inference that her twisted amnesty bill will not absolve the Democrats which is cheering her Red a Shirt followers off, at the same time as she avoids any responsibility or connection to it.

How does someone so absolutely inept become Prime Minister of a country and stay there? Just window dressing I suppose - a huge advertisement with a smiley female face to fob the people off with something very expensive and terribly bad for them. A bit like the big companies in the West with their advertising campaigns for products people actually do not want but are persuaded to have.

• Like 1

Just total obscurfuction to confuse her ignorant followers that the 'Total Amnesty' bill she is trying to push through is really not related to the 2010 search for culprits with the inference that her twisted amnesty bill will not absolve the Democrats which is cheering her Red a Shirt followers off, at the same time as she avoids any responsibility or connection to it.

How does someone so absolutely inept become Prime Minister of a country and stay there? Just window dressing I suppose - a huge advertisement with a smiley female face to fob the people off with something very expensive and terribly bad for them. A bit like the big companies in the West with their advertising campaigns for products people actually do not want but are persuaded to have.

You know the answer to your second question already I think. Easy - you have to be the sister of a billionaire convicted criminal fugitive who owns a political party. can afford to buy enough votes to get his party elected to a position where they are in power, but needs a puppet to govern through. Not a nice position really, as everyone knows the reality - but, has its compensations of course - lots of travel and pessies !

whereas the amnesty bill was the determination of all sectors who wanted to see the nation move forward.

All sectors of society, except Thaksin and his bootlickers are against this bill, either Yingluck completely lost touch with reality or she is lying through her teeth to push her brother's agenda. I'll go for the second option.

I don't know. A fairly strong case can be made for the first option as well. Can we go with 'all of the above'?

Edited by marell
  • Like 1

So don't worry we are still looking for the guilty of the 2010 crackdown. The amnesty bill has no relation to that (apart from absolving the guilty).

As for the many processes the bill still has to go through and the careful handling, is that after or before the third vote planned for Friday?

PM draws line between amnesty bill and rally crackdown case

The premier stressed that the prosecution of the people behind the political crackdown and the effort to seek approval for the amnesty bill were different stories.

And in another thread I read this:

Weng insists three red-shirt MPs will abstain on amnesty bill vote

But Weng said he, Natthawut Saikaur and Worachai Hema would choose to abstain instead.

"I'll be ready to face a punishment by the party. My abstention will not be a wrongdoing but I want to remind the party of what should be right," Weng said.

So why would the three heroes not vote and get punished if the bill doesn't cover people behind the crackdown?

Edited by Nickymaster