Gym Fitness Centers

krey

Can someone tell me the different fitness centers Hua Hin has

and photos or links would help

Is there one people consider the best? the worst?

I am not looking for the cheapest nor am I looking for hte most expensive (though I would pay it if it was really good)

I just watn a quality place to work with cardio , a good selection of free weights and machines... I am not

a body builder guy so I dont need machines that need large amount of weights but need something more then 10 lb hand weights.

Thanks all!

@Letica on soi 88 - never trained there, haven't heard a lot of positive things about it. Expensive.

Hua Hin Spa & Fitness on soi 94 - used to train there, basic, but OK, small and gets crowded sometimes. Cheap.

PowerFit on soi 102 - current place I train, awesome, more machines etc on order and coming soon they have only been open a month. Mid-range. They are on Facebook.

Been told Letica does not have A/C

I would say Sport Villa is probably the cheapest in town (very small Gym) The Hilton would probably be the most expensive although they probably do provide more than the others

Not a gym person so this is just what I have been told off others who are

Edited by darrendsd

The new one on 102 has A/C but I think you have to request that it be turned on (this according to the owner). I was in Letic last week paying for the car wash next door and it certainly did not seem to be A/Cd at that time. Needing a really cool (cold!) place to work out, I bought my own equipment and use a third bedroom in my home as a gym so I can keep the A/C at 22c (72f) when I exercise. Even businesses here that have A/C set the thermostat to 25 or higher because to the cost of electricity. I sweat while shopping in Tesco!

The new one on 102 has A/C but I think you have to request that it be turned on (this according to the owner). I was in Letic last week paying for the car wash next door and it certainly did not seem to be A/Cd at that time. Needing a really cool (cold!) place to work out, I bought my own equipment and use a third bedroom in my home as a gym so I can keep the A/C at 22c (72f) when I exercise. Even businesses here that have A/C set the thermostat to 25 or higher because to the cost of electricity. I sweat while shopping in Tesco!

yes its odd for sure

The gym I go to now in Thailand has AC but they will only turn it on after 330pm in the cardio room and only sometimes in the weight room

If I go to the cardio before 330 and workout I am soaked through to my underwear, even after 330 they only turn on one out of 3 ACs in the room helps though

I just think one day someone is going to pass out from heat stroke in one of these rooms

powerfit 102 is by far the best gym in town.It has 3 floors of training rooms.

I train most days of the week and the rooms never get warm enough for air conditioning, plenty of air circulating through the windows.

The key is the buildings aspect in relation to the afternoon sun.

I hate training in the heat too ,but this gym definitely doesn't need air cons,and i feel healthier too

,i never get that little air con cough that i used to get from other gyms.

What is the fee for 1 off session at Powefit....I hav used spa and fitness in the pay but not enough equipment..

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a monthly membership,but i think the daily fee is 200bht

They have just expanded the 3rd floor aerobics/yoga room,and now have cardio bikes and treadmill downstairs,

also more equipment for the 2nd floor weights room on its way.

• 5 months later...

I don't think @letic has any AC, at least none that I have noticed. They have some sort of cooling machine (one only I think), but apart from that seem to get by using fans in the ceiling. Wouldn't mind if if was a little cooler, but good enough for me (has the required squat rack and standard 20kg barbell, which as anyone will tell you, is all you really need).

The gym at Sport Villa is nonsense, though I admire whoever they used to take the gym photos they publish on their website. He did an excellent job at making it look like a half-decent gym.

Didn't bother checking out the other gyms this time as I'm only visiting for a few weeks. I read later somewhere (another forum?) that @letic has a farang surcharge, making the cost 2200B per month for farang instead of 1700B as it is for Thai. Not sure if that is true or not. Anyone know? If so, I'll definitely try one of the other gyms next time, but as-is, I do not know, so please do not assume this is the case unless someone else can confirm it.