Hua Hin No Longer Having U.S. Embassy Outreach Visit

patekatek

I sent an email to the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok asking if they had any dates scheduled for Hua Hin for 2014 because I need the income affidavit notorized for my Feb. annual application.

Their response was that it is not finacially feasable for them to send people to Hua Hin for the Outreach program due to low demand for services at Hua Hin.

Now, it's off to Bangkok all the time for any Embassy business.

I only need the Embassy once a year for my income letter, so it is no problem as their outreach never was timed correctly for me to use it. If they wanted to get more outreach business, they actually need to send someone down for 1 day per month. If that was done and advertised properly, they would get plenty of business as you have to get your income letter within 30 days of application of extension plus any other random Embassy business people need. Once a year is a waste of time for most folks anyway. Once a month would see nearly every American expat living here doing business over the course of a year.

Suggestion for the Embassy. Send someone once a month for one day, advertise it properly so that it is well known among American expats in the Cha-Am to Pranburi area and charge each person 200 (extra) baht for their service. I believe you would get more than enough business to pay for the monthly travel via the extra 200 baht plus people would gladly pay it as it would be cheaper and easier than a trip to Bangkok.

Edited by hhfarang
  • Like 1

It is not that simple. If the Consular Officer (who has to be there to do the affidavit) is off doing an outreach visit then he and the staff that he brings with him will not be at the Embassy that day to work and probably not be there the day before or after due to travel

Does any other Embassy in Thailand do an outreach program ? I think not, so be grateful for what you get. There is no requirement for the US Embassy to do Outreach in the first place and those places that get them should be grateful and not whine