Marriage Visa Extension Denied - Even Tough I Met All Requirements

Why should one meaning take precedence? Because what I was suggesting is that the most common definition is the one that the Officer in this case might have chosen to employ and if you did not meet the conditions of HIS usage that might have been the reason for the denial of extension.

Why should ANY meaning take precedence? They are all valid meanings, and may all apply.

Why do words/terms have multiple meanings if any one meaning was to take precedence just because it was the most used?

You seem to want all words to only ever have a single meaning, with less used meanings not being allowed to be valid. That's just stupid.

Common usage / understanding is recognised as as being valid in UK courts of law.

Attempting to ague an antiquated or poorly understood meaning of a word is usually doomed to failure !smile.png

Except "earn interest" is not an antiquated or poorly understood meaning. It's just not as common as "earn wage/salary".

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I could argue that Capital if wisely invested "earns" interest not an individual !

Were you never involved in "debates" at school or wherever!

Time for this thread to close.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread could close if you like with the Americanism: Heads I win; tails you lose. Immigration calls the shots.

The OP was denied an extension. The question debated at least for me was did the Officer have any legal basis for doing so. The common wisdom is no, he was 100% wrong and should be re-assigned to Siberia. I say maybe or else the Tillike & Gibbins folks were very sloppy in their translations provided on the Immigration website and I think that is a tough case to make.

Edited by JLCrab

This thread could close if you like with the Americanism: Heads I win; tails you lose. Immigration calls the shots.

The OP was denied an extension. The question debated at least for me was did the Officer have any legal basis for doing so. The common wisdom is no, he was 100% wrong and should be re-assigned to Siberia. I say maybe or else the Tillike & Gibbins folks were very sloppy in their translations provided on the Immigration website and I think that is a tough case to make.

Debates are best held within a disciplined and time limited environment with a show of hands determining the winner !

Here, with no discipline or time limit, the "debate" degenerates and becomes pointless.