Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NEW Isuzu MU-X 1,014,000 1,401,000 4

- 3.0 VGS 4WD DVD NAVI
- 3.0 VGS 2WD DVD NAVI
- 2.5 VGS 2WD DVD
- 2.5 VGS 2WD CD

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

Looks...already boring... wink.png

The new 2nd generation MU-x, does look to be contemporarly designed, IMHO - of course.

First off, I would certainly like to have one in that burnt-orange-brown color. I also see that the new models have steering wheel controls, and newly designed console and nice fold-down-flat 2nd-3rd row seat interior! thumbsup.gif Though I hope the new fold-down-flat seat interior design of the new MU-x is not at the expense of the nice, roomy and (class leading?) comfort of the 2nd-3rd row seats of the MU-7!

We will be able to see first hand next week when they are due to be in the Isuzu dealership showrooms.

Edited by thailoht

Certainly wouldn't you ? with diesel you are stuck with that one fuel and held to what ever price they put on that fuel, years ago when diesel was half the price of petrol or less it was not an issue but now the fuel is the same price, with petrol you have more choice and even an option to convert to gas. smile.png

Certainly wouldn't you ? with diesel you are stuck with that one fuel and held to what ever price they put on that fuel, years ago when diesel was half the price of petrol or less it was not an issue but now the fuel is the same price, with petrol you have more choice and even an option to convert to gas. smile.png

Where to start ....

Economics?

In this class of SUV, you generally get more km/L with the diesel engine than with the petrol engine (and that is w/o having to invest thousands of baht in retro-fits to do so). The diesel engine has an overall longer longevity life.

Of all the SUV models in this class and < Thb 1.5 mil, I believe you will find only one petrol engine offered.

I must go along with that Ace of Pop, having spent my working life driving diesels and running diesel generators and welding units I have the greatest of respect for them but as for having one in my car or SUV ? no thanks.

Diesels are still believed to be more reliable than petrol engines and have longer lives because people are relating them to diesels of the past that had no electrics on them, at the same time petrol engines had troublesome carburetors that were wasteful on fuel, now times have changed diesels are now full of electronic components and petrol engines are now injected, if you check up the mpg of the new petrol Honda CRV for instance there's nothing in it anymore between petrol and diesel.

• Like 1

This thread is about the MUX is a heavy car with no petrol option. If it did, the engine would be less than 3.0L and medium power like say the 2.7L Fortuner.

If you want to get the feel of what a petrol engine is like in this type of car, drive of a 2.7L Fortuner, compare it to the diesel version and then let us know.

• Like 1

Its not only me who believes a Diesel belongs on a Farm. they have their place but for me i can't stand the noise , and rev limit with just bottom end power for towing boats about.As for economy . there isnt much difference anymore , imo.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I must go along with that Ace of Pop, having spent my working life driving diesels and running diesel generators and welding units I have the greatest of respect for them but as for having one in my car or SUV ? no thanks.

Diesels are still believed to be more reliable than petrol engines and have longer lives because people are relating them to diesels of the past that had no electrics on them, at the same time petrol engines had troublesome carburetors that were wasteful on fuel, now times have changed diesels are now full of electronic components and petrol engines are now injected, if you check up the mpg of the new petrol Honda CRV for instance there's nothing in it anymore between petrol and diesel.

This thread is about the MUX is a heavy car with no petrol option. If it did, the engine would be less than 3.0L and medium power like say the 2.7L Fortuner.

If you want to get the feel of what a petrol engine is like in this type of car, drive of a 2.7L Fortuner, compare it to the diesel version and then let us know.

You beat me to the punch .... that is exactly the point I would make! I am specifically referring to engines in SUVs in this classification.

I have drove SUVs with both types of engines on trips for thousands of km. The Fortuner 2.7L petrol is far thirstier than the larger body Isuzu 3.0L diesel.

But, of course the Fortuner 2.7L petrol is 'quieter' (in general) if that is what fulfills your 'engine of choice' criteria.

That is not the Point Mr Undercover and I are trying to Make. My Lad has a new Traiblazer . not bad at all, but if one had a choice of an equally powered Benzine engine , many would take that option. Out of Cities you can still wait ages whilst Farmer Nop fills 50 Gal Drums, whilst there's no one at the Benzine pumps. As for Gas the queues are even worse around here.coffee1.gif .

I must have been lucky as I have not found diesel pumps to be any more busy than petrol.

People choosing Petrol over Diesel for small cars or where the car price difference is excessive would be understandable. For bigger heavier vehicles like Pickups and PPVs Diesels are popular because they are better. That Fortuner 2.7L petrol engine has similar power to the diesel, but a lot less torque. It is much thirstier and not as good to drive. A petrol version of the MUX would be similar. Even the V6 petrol PJS does not sell well, despite having more power than the diesel.

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest. I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu. First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

Certainly, look at some lousy Cruze, just been at Chevrolet yesterday. They want some ridiculous 1.25mTHB for that money sink. I'd never buy the MU-7, but the new one is a good looking contender to the Captiva and perhaps Forester. When is that old workhorse actually to be replaced with a modern car?

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest. I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu. First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

Certainly, look at some lousy Cruze, just been at Chevrolet yesterday. They want some ridiculous 1.25mTHB for that money sink. I'd never buy the MU-7, but the new one is a good looking contender to the Captiva and perhaps Forester. When is that old workhorse actually to be replaced with a modern car?

'That new one' is the 2nd generation (replacement) for the 1st generation MU-7. The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

While it actually boils down to one's personal individual taste, I agree with you that the new MU-x looks to be quite a 'game changer'!

The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

It certainly is in the same segment as the MUX. Same size, same prize. But Captiva is old, Forester is stone age, MUX wins I say. Who cares about "classifications"?

The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

It certainly is in the same segment as the MUX. Same size, same prize. But Captiva is old, Forester is stone age, MUX wins I say. Who cares about "classifications"?

Just as 'size' matters, 'classification' matters ....

Automotives, like most things in life today, are more and more technical and today's people have to be more and more informed in order to keep up.

Speaking from an automotive perspective, the difference is there for you to discover.

Hint: Captiva vs Trailblazer. thumbsup.gif