warning from Western hard drives re Mavericks!

francescoassisi

You are right, that was the original intent of the first post..... and if there were no discussion allowed it would quickly disappear from the list of topics on the first page and be lost into the inactive and not so hot topics -- one of the benefits of allowing organic conversations to happen which is all related to the original post. If you did not use WD you would not have the problem :P

The thing is that you do not lose your data though, it just appears gone.... that is until you do something to actually get rid of the data you don't see....

You are right, that was the original intent of the first post..... and if there were no discussion allowed it would quickly disappear from the list of topics on the first page and be lost into the inactive and not so hot topics -- one of the benefits of allowing organic conversations to happen which is all related to the original post. If you did not use WD you would not have the problem tongue.png

The thing is that you do not lose your data though, it just appears gone.... that is until you do something to actually get rid of the data you don't see....

WD have not confirmed this - many of the posts on Apple and WD are saying they can't find their data - so it may or may not be there - but again the point is if it isn't accessible it might as well not be there.

in fact so far WD have done sod-all after making the initial announcement

Edited by wilcopops

I encountered problems with Mavericks and a Seagate USB drive as well. After installing Mavericks it no longer appeared. Fortunately, Seagate provided a driver that fixed it with no loss of data.

I usually wait at least 6 months to update to new OS, but this time was too impatient. But there seem no other Mavericks issues for me so far.

I encountered problems with Mavericks and a Seagate USB drive as well. After installing Mavericks it no longer appeared. Fortunately, Seagate provided a driver that fixed it with no loss of data.

I usually wait at least 6 months to update to new OS, but this time was too impatient. But there seem no other Mavericks issues for me so far.

Obviously Seagate did what they were suppose to do, they tested all there stuff under the pre-release versions of the Operating system -- found an issue -- made a fix -- tested it and was ready when the operating system was made publicly available. I wish all companies (including one of my prior companies) would make sure to prepare when they are suppose to.

Obviously Seagate did what they were suppose to do, they tested all there stuff under the pre-release versions of the Operating system -- found an issue -- made a fix -- tested it and was ready when the operating system was made publicly available. I wish all companies (including one of my prior companies) would make sure to prepare when they are suppose to.

Can't find the Seagate update - is there a web address?

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously Seagate did what they were suppose to do, they tested all there stuff under the pre-release versions of the Operating system -- found an issue -- made a fix -- tested it and was ready when the operating system was made publicly available.   I wish all companies (including one of my prior companies)  would make sure to prepare when they are suppose to.

Can't find the Seagate update - is there a web address?

The link to the driver I installed for a Seagate USB drive is:

http://www.seagate.com/support/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/backup-plus-desk/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/

I hope it works for you too.