Thai lower house passes political amnesty bill

webfact

Kokaew says he voted for amnesty bill because he respects majority's decision
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Kokaew Pikulthong has defended his decision in backing the amnesty bill, saying he had to respect the majority decision of party MPs.

Kokaew posted a message on his Facebook wall that he weighed the pros and cons and made a decision at just 3 am Friday morning before the voting on Article 3.

The article 3 seeks to grant blanket amnesty to all sides.

Kokaew said in the message that he felt very painful to vote for the article in the second reading and for the bill in the third reading but he had to respect the decision of the party.

He said red-shirt people, who became disillusion in him, can scold him anyway they like.

nationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ce.k-Kc5cy-DD.j
-- The Nation 2013-11-01

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In NEwna and Posttoday websites (Thai language newspapers) it is reported that red shirt activists threw a lot of blood on the steps of the Phuea Thai headquarters (in the picture it looks like a lot). So it seems they have lost support of part of the red shirts at least.

edit: Also on Facebook on V for Thailand page.

W

Edited by WAERTH

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Kokaew Pikulthong has defended his decision in backing the amnesty bill, saying he had to respect the majority decision of party MPs.

Kokaew posted a message on his Facebook wall that he weighed the pros and cons and made a decision at just 3 am Friday morning before the voting on Article 3.

Kokaew said in the message that he felt very painful to vote for the article in the second reading and for the bill in the third reading but he had to respect the decision of the party.

He said red-shirt people, who became disillusion in him, can scold him anyway they like.

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

He is supposed to be representing his constituents, not the other MPs.

So he is intimidated, doesn't represent the people who chose him, and submits like a little servant to the 'majority' of those bribed. What a traitor who should be removed. If you told him about how his duty is to be a public servant, he'd probably train wreck.

• Like 1

Plus his voting behaviour has no relation at all with him voting for his own amnesty of course rolleyes.gif

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

So he is intimidated, doesn't represent the people who chose him, and submits like a little servant to the 'majority' of those bribed. What a traitor who should be removed. If you told him about how his duty is to be a public servant, he'd probably train wreck.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

I think it was always clear who he is representing. Who pays who gives the orders. Or where would be someone like Kokaew without Thaksin? Surely not in the parliament.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

Oh, now they are supposed to represent their constituents. That part of the link between candidate and electorate is conveniently dismissed when you try and justify the election of abhisit to PM. When the Friends of Newin disregarded the parties that their constituents favoured and crossed over to form a coalition with the opposition democrat party. I'll keep that in mind.

My dear fabby, we're talking about UDD leader and Pheu Thai party list MP Korkaew here. No constituency involved, just a 'nice' person charged for various crimes, enjoying parliamentary immunity and voting for his own amnesty. Even if we were to disregard the MP / politics, a UDD leader has voted FOR the amnesty which include the daemonised 'kill me some' Abhisit. Amazing, just iike the May 19th "it's over, go home", surrender to police and fellow protesters still fighting gunbattles.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

Oh, now they are supposed to represent their constituents. That part of the link between candidate and electorate is conveniently dismissed when you try and justify the election of abhisit to PM. When the Friends of Newin disregarded the parties that their constituents favoured and crossed over to form a coalition with the opposition democrat party. I'll keep that in mind.

Edited by rubl

"PM refuses to comment on the passage of the amnesty bill"

Well what could she possibility say? Thank you three times?

Well, IIRC she has a stake on about a billion Baht if Thaksin gets the money back, so thank you is the least she could say... to those who voted for this bill at least.

Edited by AleG

As well as the blood throwing it has also been reported that M79 grenades have been launched at the houses of some of the leaders of the rubber farmers protest in the south.

A bomb on the railway line not far from the rally.

What was it that was thrown at an anti Govt demo that sent some of the protestors to hospital?

Old red shirt tactics coming back to join in.

Off topic nonsense bickering posts and replies have been removed. Posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed, I think there have enough notices posted this over the past that everybody should know this by now.

Signatures are not meant to be highlighted, the default color for signatures is gray. A member's signature color has been reset to default color: gray.

Who says that the MPs that voted for Abhisit as PM weren't representing their electorate?

In this case, Korkaew knows that his constituents are against the amnesty but is voting for it "because the majority of PTP are voting for it".

• Like 1

My dear fabby, we're talking about UDD leader and Pheu Thai party list MP Korkaew here. No constituency involved, just a 'nice' person charged for various crimes, enjoying parliamentary immunity and voting for his own amnesty. Even if we were to disregard the MP / politics, a UDD leader has voted FOR the amnesty which include the daemonised 'kill me some' Abhisit. Amazing, just iike the May 19th "it's over, go home", surrender to police and fellow protesters still fighting gunbattles.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

If you are posting in response to another post, please follow standard forum procedure of APPENDING your post to the message and NOT PREFIXING your post. My mouse scroll-wheel is buggered and you are making my life way too hard jumping back and forth to see what you're whining about.

Do the nonces at PT really understand what they have done here? It's not just the fact that they have set a course for another deadly upheaval. It's the precedence, the seeds that they have sown in some peoples' minds that moral values do not have to be defended at all costs. That ship has well and truly sailed.

In Thai politics, "morals" are only found at the end of fictitious fables.

Whereas "morons" are found everywhere in Thai politics

Thaksin, a Mason, Knight of whatever cult. What can we expect when all world leaders and lower echalon are in a conspiracy against the crowd the so called the New World Order. They all laugh at you, cannon fodder.

Edited by hugocnx

You may remember there were at least 6 variations of amnesty bill put forward. There was only one bill put forward to got to vote in 1st 2nd and 3rd readings.

Excuse me Sir, there was one bill put forward inn the first reading.

There was another bill, which didn't belong to any of the 6 variations, put forward in the second and third reading.

OK so I made a mistake, it doesn't make a difference to the fact that of the original 6 versions the one the that has got this far if unadulterated by the voting committee did not mention a blanket amnesty. But of course rivalex and co knew all along that the bill would be altered.

I'll wager that they heard about the "voting committee" and the subsequent adulteration at the same time as I did.

Another "honest mistake" - just like Dr. Thaksin - he never meant to get caught, tried and convicted of one of his crimes.

Almost everyone I know, Thai or other nationality, who lives here, never doubted that all the machinations surrounding reconciliation and amnesty were contrived with one aim - whitewash their godfather and bring him home. They've had a number of plans running in parallel. The decree option was blown when someone leaked a recording. So back to pushing amnesty bill - not how that gets pushed harder, the AG files charges, PM/DM makes herself even scarcer etc etc. All coincidence of course.

PTP would never allow any bill to progress without benefiting Thaksin. That is their sole aim. He has invested a fortune this time in placing more "retained" lackies in key government, police and army positions. This with the red shirt thugs gives him the confidence to be more open in pushing this through - why else to you think the PTP dominated vetting committee would make the amendments ? Or do you believe the spurious claptrap typical PTP <deleted> that's been spouted.

You are either debating for the sport, sadly do believe the <deleted> PTP propaganda and lies or despite your signature are simply trolling for a reaction.

• Like 1

Not only have they passed the bill but they have sent out instructions to all provincial heads that they should erect signs saying how wonderful this bill is and how the people support it.

Attached a copy of the letter, in Thai obviously as it has been sent to Thais.

Someone might like to translate it more accurately.

attachicon.gif1382369_648135691876300_321665881_n.jpg

There is also an example of what is required.

attachicon.gif1385695_10151971684759835_811284363_n.jpg

My humble translation.

First:

Department of Provincial Administration would like to ask for every provincial office to ask for every Amphur offices in the province for the "cooperation" to make cutout and vinyl board announcement to support "national reconciliation" by passing the amnesty bill. The message should be as provided in the attachment.

The provincial office must gather the photograph of the work from Amphur's offices and report that to the Department by 8th of November.

Second:

"Amphur ...... support people's reconciliation by the amnesty bill."

"Unite is strength. In harmony even disagree. Reunite by supporting the amnesty bill."

"Amphur ..... would like to invite you to support unite and reconciliation of the people. Support the amnesty bill."

Isn't Cuba such a lovely place?

If you are posting in response to another post, please follow standard forum procedure of APPENDING your post to the message and NOT PREFIXING your post. My mouse scroll-wheel is buggered and you are making my life way too hard jumping back and forth to see what you're whining about.

My replies are always appended to the message I am replying to. I was replying to whybother - fairly obvious to see that, follow the boxes.

You would be better off directing your ire at rubl who alone on this board has decided that he will post his contribution to a post at the top of a message instead of below like everybody else.

You too have the option to put me on ignore so you won't have to see what I'm "whining" about. Oh and good luck with that mod job you so obviously crave.

Edited by fab4

My replies are always appended to the message I am replying to. I was replying to whybother - fairly obvious to see that, follow the boxes.

You would be better off directing your ire at rubl who alone on this board has decided that he will post his contribution to a post at the top of a message instead of below like everybody else.

You too have the option to put me on ignore so you won't have to see what I'm "whining" about. Oh and good luck with that mod job you so obviously crave.

I think it's a problem with the iPad ThaiVisa app, or something Apple related. It makes it difficult to go to the bottom of the post when you're quoting. I remember reading something about it a while back.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

Does he ever read the newspapers or watch the news?

If he wants to respect the majority, all he needs to do is look out the window and see exactly what the 'true' majority.... the 'people' want. Not the majority of corrupt politicians under the control of one exiled criminal.

You really couldn't make this up.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

I shouldn't rise to Fab4 and his insane postings on here.

Everyone knows he sank within his second post, and has been floundering and clutching at straws ever since. He makes absolutely no sense and I now don't even skim his responses, I just scroll past each one.

Edited by klubex99

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

If he wants to respect the majority, all he needs to do is look out the window and see exactly what the 'true' majority.... the 'people' want. Not the majority of corrupt politicians under the control of one exiled criminal.

Let me correct that for you son.

Not the majority of corrupt politicians under the control of one exiled fugitive criminal .

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

Let me correct that for you son.

Not the majority of corrupt politicians under the control of one exiled fugitive criminal .

Thank you sir ;)