Inbound trains to Bangkok terminating at Bang Sue due to Sam Sen demonstration

webfact

Inbound trains to Bangkok terminating at Bang Sue due to Sam Sen demonstration

BANGKOK, 1 November 2013 (NNT) – The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has announced that train services for Bangkok inbound routes will terminate at Bang Sue station instead of Hua Lamphong, due to railroad blockades by political demonstrators.

According to SRT governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan, demonstrators have been obstructing the railroad in Bangkok in order to force the trains to stop and let passengers who want to join the demonstration get off at Sam Sen train station.

Given this action may endanger both the demonstrators and other members of the public, the governor has ordered inbound train services to terminate at Bang Sue station. However, outbound trains from Hua Lamphong will depart as normal.

Railway police have also been asked to provide security at Hua Lamphong station, after reports suggest demonstrators may move in to seal off Hua Lamphong. Mr. Praphat indicated he hoped this would not happen, adding that using masses of people to do so would be considered intentional breaking of the law.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-01 footer_n.gif

According to SRT governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan, demonstrators have been obstructing the railroad in Bangkok in order to force the trains to stop and let passengers who want to join the demonstration get off at Sam Sen train station.

According to facebook last night orders had been given that trains were not to stop at Sam Sen station because there were train loads of people joining the Demo.

There are photos on there that show train loads getting off to join in.

This it would seem prompted those already there to stop the trains so anyone who wanted to get off and join could do so.

More PT freedom of assembly and speech.

Security beefed up at Samsen train station

BANGKOK, 1 November 2013 (NNT) - Security at Samsen station has been beefed up after another anti-government rally started to form yesterday.

Transport minister Chatchart Suthipan has ordered railway police to be on alert for armed passengers, who might stir up violence during the anti government rallies. He has also expressed concerns over the safety of train passengers, who have nothing to do with the rally

In addition, chances are that demonstrators might be hit by a train because the rally's site is just 800 meters away from Samsen railway station. The more demonstrators, the higher the risks of accidents, said the Minister.

Mr. Chatchart has, therefore, ordered train drivers to use lower speed when approaching the rally area.

nntlogo.jpg

"Given this action may endanger both the demonstrators and other members of the public, the governor has ordered inbound train services to terminate at Bang Sue station. However, outbound trains from Hua Lamphong will depart as normal."

Do I understand that right:

The trains from the south end at Bang Sue Station.

The trains leaving to the south start at Hua Lamphong station.

That means they kick out the people at Bang Sue Station and go with the empty train to Hua Lamphong, or?

Else they would run out of trains.

• Like 1

Amazing TV... cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif I missed all Your chicken-livered Yellow apologists & Corporate shills' reactions when these political flyweights shut down both airports... xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS. probably thought it was just, Oh! so peachy...pfst. ;-} rap. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

It was a demonstration that shut down the airports... This is your government shutting down the train lines. By the way you must have just set a record for the most emoticons ever in a TV post.

*According to SRT governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan, demonstrators have been obstructing the railroad in Bangkok in order to force the trains to stop and let passengers who want to join the demonstration get off at Sam Sen train station.*

You just made my point, thanQ BTW: need some maths lessons...you clearly can't count NOR read... .clap2.gifgiggle.gifw00t.gifemot-kiss.giflicklips.gifangry.pngclosedeyes.gif NOW! maybe I broke the record? what a dolt... ;-} rap.

Protests disrupt train service into capital
By Coconuts Bangkok

train.head_.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok-bound trains will only go so far as Bang Sue station instead of reaching the terminal at Hualamphong, due to blockades erected by anti-government protesters.

Demonstrators have been obstructing the railroad in Bangkok in order to force the trains to stop and let passengers who want to join the demonstration get off at Sam Sen train station, said Governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan of the State Railway of Thailand.

Praphat cited public safety concerns for his decision to order all inbound train services to terminate at Bang Sue station.

Trains departing from Hualamphong will depart as normal.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/01/protests-disrupt-train-service-capital

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-11-01

BANGKOK, 1 November 2013 (NNT) - Security at Samsen station has been beefed up after another anti-government rally started to form yesterday.

Transport minister Chatchart Suthipan has ordered railway police to be on alert for armed passengers, who might stir up violence during the anti government rallies. He has also expressed concerns over the safety of train passengers, who have nothing to do with the rally

In addition, chances are that demonstrators might be hit by a train because the rally's site is just 800 meters away from Samsen railway station. The more demonstrators, the higher the risks of accidents, said the Minister.

Mr. Chatchart has, therefore, ordered train drivers to use lower speed when approaching the rally area.

nntlogo.jpg

The Taksin backed Redshirts joining in then?huh.png

Hmmmmmm....... confused ?!

Praphat cited public safety concerns for his decision to order all inbound train services to terminate at Bang Sue station.

Trains departing from Hualamphong will depart as normal.

Amazing TV... cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif I missed all Your chicken-livered Yellow apologists & Corporate shills' reactions when these political flyweights shut down both airports... xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS. probably thought it was just, Oh! so peachy...pfst. ;-} rap. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

It was a demonstration that shut down the airports... This is your government shutting down the train lines. By the way you must have just set a record for the most emoticons ever in a TV post.

*According to SRT governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan, demonstrators have been obstructing the railroad in Bangkok in order to force the trains to stop and let passengers who want to join the demonstration get off at Sam Sen train station.*

You just made my point, thanQ BTW: need some maths lessons...you clearly can't count NOR read... .clap2.gifgiggle.gifw00t.gifemot-kiss.giflicklips.gifangry.pngclosedeyes.gif NOW! maybe I broke the record? what a dolt... ;-} rap.

I'm having trouble reading your posts also.

I think you're being too hard on yourself, calling yourself "a dolt", but what do I know, I'm just a "chicken-livered Yellow apologist & Corportate shill", as you so politely put it ! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

"the governor has ordered inbound train services to terminate at Bang Sue station. However, outbound trains from Hua Lamphong will depart as normal."

I wonder when Hua Lampong will run out of trains.

Mind you, in the morning passing the Ratchawithi railroad crossing, I don't mind less trains. Actually mostly the trains have to wait for the traffic to free the tracks which ain't easy if traffic is not moving.

Edited by rubl

Training to become a hub for derailing elected government.

Ignoring the merits of the red-v-yellow issues which we have all heard.

If trains are to be allowed through then perhaps applying laws via SRT ,BIB or I believe there are large number of troops nearby ,marshalls etc.

To be fairr to heavily indebted and mismanaged SRT there best plan would be a permanenet demo.

All facilities there cafes toilets newstands loud speakers and of course easy to bring in supporters,

EITHER charge them a paltform ticket or prosecute fr trespass its not Rocket Science.In 1829 UK was running choo choos

Stephenson's Rocket did however manage to dispose of an MP upon its debut the unfortunate Mr Huskisson at the Rainhill trial near Scouserland

P.S for anyone planninh an evening's entertainment while there may be no coup nor revolution the bathrooms ARE revolting

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

Just read this

"Democrat MPs have erected extra tents along Kamphaeng Phet 5 road, from the intersection with Sethasiri road to the intersection with Nakhon Chaisri road."

None of your bloody business guys, but living somewhere along Nakorn Chaisri Rd. I foresee a bit more trafficjam than usual fro a Friday evening sad.png

nntlogo.jpg

Where was that concern in 2010?

• Like 1

As you wish...

No conflict of interest here regarding the SRT governor, Mr. Prapat.

From The Nation, 10 October 2012:

Prapat Chongsanguan, the former governor of Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand and a key member of Pheu Thai Party, has won the greenlight to become the next governor of loss-making State Railway of Thailand (SRT).

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Prapat-as-SRTs-new-governor-30192105.html

Edited by bubba

Just back from the demonstration site - not a whole lot of people around, really (although the guy on the stage claimed they had 50k last night...yeah right).

As far as I can tell trains are running as usual,, at least a couple full of passengers coming from the Bang Su side, While no blockade of the rail in evidence, there are people walking around (more than usual) - seems like no one cares enough about that (organizers, police, SRT), just the usual "Safety last" attitude.

Volume isn't too hard on the ears, but (and that's a big BUT as far as we're concerned) most of the Friday market vendors bailed out and did not show up as they can't bring their stuff in. I blame Abhisit, of course smile.png .

Mods, please stifle this clown!