Opposition mounts against Thai amnesty bill

webfact

Anti-amnesty protests to escalate on Nov 4

BANGKOK, 3 November 2013 (NNT) – Anti-amnesty law demonstrations will escalate as protest leaders are calling those who share the same view to rally with them on November 4.

Protest leaders at Sam Sen train station announced that they would escalate their demonstration against the government on November 4th. A number of Democrat Party members have been giving speeches about the blanket amnesty at the demonstration site, while threatening that they will file a petition to the Constitution Court if the bill is considered by the Senate as they believe the blanket amnesty bill is in violation of 26 sections of the Constitution. Among the Democrat members giving speeches were party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban.

Mr. Suthep said there are around 50,000 people each night coming out to rally against the government, while calling those who share the same view to rally with him tomorrow morning at 10am.

The current political conflict was raised by the seven-section amnesty bill brought up by Pheu Thai MPs as Section 3 of the bill grants blanket amnesty to all charged in politically-motivated cases, including who staged the coup d' tat that toppled Thaksin Shinawatra’s government.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-03 footer_n.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It did not take long for the 3rd party fearmongering to start.

Some goons have already beat up Korn's assistant.

Violence the last refuge of the criminal

Yes, according to the other paper after further investigation it was revealed that the Aide had visited an "entertainment venue" in Silom Soi 2, aka Patpong after the rally.The police are investigating if there is a link.

The current political conflict was raised by the seven-section amnesty bill brought up by Pheu Thai MPs as Section 3 of the bill grants blanket amnesty to all charged in politically-motivated cases, including who staged the coup d' tat that toppled Thaksin Shinawatra’s government.

So, on one hand the PTP and red shirts want to change section 309 of the constitution so that they can charge those who orchestrated the coup, and on the other, they want to give them amnesty. blink.png

BANGKOK, 3 November 2013 (NNT) – Anti-amnesty law demonstrations will escalate as protest leaders are calling those who share the same view to rally with them on November 4.

Protest leaders at Sam Sen train station announced that they would escalate their demonstration against the government on November 4th. A number of Democrat Party members have been giving speeches about the blanket amnesty at the demonstration site, while threatening that they will file a petition to the Constitution Court if the bill is considered by the Senate as they believe the blanket amnesty bill is in violation of 26 sections of the Constitution. Among the Democrat members giving speeches were party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban.

Mr. Suthep said there are around 50,000 people each night coming out to rally against the government, while calling those who share the same view to rally with him tomorrow morning at 10am.

nntlogo.jpg

50,000 people going each night to the rally :lol:

Its more like 5000 :lol:

Suthep is a funny guy.

If there were only 10,000 people gathering at any one of the protest sites the biased media would immediately call it a major revolution.

But in reality there is nothing much happening. Its a big flop and even The Nation has not much to write about it.

Today is Sunday I hope that the dems can convince some more seniors to drip by... :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

nntlogo.jpg

50,000 people going each night to the rally :lol:

Its more like 5000 :lol:

Suthep is a funny guy.

If there were only 10,000 people gathering at any one of the protest sites the biased media would immediately call it a major revolution.

But in reality there is nothing much happening. Its a big flop and even The Nation has not much to write about it.

Today is Sunday I hope that the dems can convince some more seniors to drop by... :rolleyes:

I wonder why they call for an even bigger rally (arf ;) ) on the 4th. Its a Monday... Apart from those who really have nothing to do nobody will go.

There won't be any serious opposition. Its obvious that Thaksin and the old establishment have cut a deal. The Yellows and Reds have no serious chance because they lack any great number of "True believers". The yellow numbers swell when the old establishment paid them, the red number swell when Thaksin paid them. No one is paying because they have agreed on how to split the pie. This is the end of a 7 year chapter. Thaksin will be back in PM office in 6 months.

Are you talking about Thai politics at all?

nntlogo.jpg

50,000 people going each night to the rally laugh.png

Its more like 5000 laugh.png

Suthep is a funny guy.

Today is Sunday I hope that the dems can convince some more seniors to drip by... rolleyes.gif

Always difficult to tell how many, but comparing with the 100,000, 300,000, or 1,000,000 red-shirt supporters were always talking about, I'd say we only have about 150,000 at this moment biggrin.png

• Like 2

when red shirts start voicing there anger at pheu-thai and thaksin.you know its getting bad...i feel a coup coming on....the wife said she was speaking to some redshirts in bkk yesterday they are seriously pissed off...totally betrayed and lied too..over and over again....wai.gif i so understand people on here saying they deserve what they voted for,and i was one of them ...but voting in good faith and being sold a lie..well.......poor buggers.they dont deserve this treatment....

Actually they do deserve this treatment, The idea that the leaders of the red shirts did not know this was going to happen is laughable. The red shirt leaders used the people for their own ends as much a Thaksin did. The peoples only excuse is lack of inteligence or greed for money.

You can hardly say they voted in good faith when their vote was bought and paid for!

Think this is a bit harsh. Although I agree that a number of the Redshirts were violent to the point of barbarism, I can't forget the sight of a number of young kids, half of them girls, being ridden down Soi 13 Sathorn in the back of a pickup looking mightily embarrassed, attempting to cover their heads and red shirts. They'd been sold a lie and it really isn't their fault they were ignorant, their having been deprived of any opportunity of a decent education (by those who have willfully kept them so neus.gif ), being a pre requisite for critical thinking. The 500 baht and a 'party' were just a bonus, in their minds. The fish stinks from the head and his paid for henchmen. I'm willing to bet it was a sight more than 500 baht dry.png

Edited by jpeg

nntlogo.jpg

Suthep is a funny guy.

Today is Sunday I hope that the dems can convince some more seniors to drip by... rolleyes.gif

And you know this, how? Are you there? I suggest you change your newspaper. Today's BP headline's interestingwhistling.gif

Posts in violation of this forum rule have been removed:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

when red shirts start voicing there anger at pheu-thai and thaksin.you know its getting bad...i feel a coup coming on....the wife said she was speaking to some redshirts in bkk yesterday they are seriously pissed off...totally betrayed and lied too..over and over again....wai.gif i so understand people on here saying they deserve what they voted for,and i was one of them ...but voting in good faith and being sold a lie..well.......poor buggers.they dont deserve this treatment....

Actually they do deserve this treatment, The idea that the leaders of the red shirts did not know this was going to happen is laughable. The red shirt leaders used the people for their own ends as much a Thaksin did. The peoples only excuse is lack of inteligence or greed for money.

You can hardly say they voted in good faith when their vote was bought and paid for!

Think this is a bit harsh. Although I agree that a number of the Redshirts were violent to the point of barbarism, I can't forget the sight of a number of young kids, half of them girls, being ridden down Soi 13 Sathorn in the back of a pickup looking mightily embarrassed, attempting to cover their heads and red shirts. They'd been sold a lie and it really isn't their fault they were ignorant, their having been deprived of any opportunity of a decent education (by those who have willfully kept them so neus.gif ), being a pre requisite for critical thinking. The 500 baht and a 'party' were just a bonus, in their minds. The fish stinks from the head and his paid for henchmen. I'm willing to bet it was a sight more than 500 baht dry.png

Maybe I was a bit harsh, But lack of a proper education doesn't mean these people can't think for themselves! All be it that the level may be below average?

But as a mass they have swallowed the BS propaganda perpertrated by the Thaksin/ Red Shirt Machine. I think we all know regardless of which side of the political divide we may stand on that, the Charges against Abhisit and Suthep are spurious to say the least! Even a charge of premeditated Murder is spurious. Who exactly did they plan on Killing, If it were a plan Don't you think more that 90 people would have died? We know the real reason these charges have been brought against them, pressure to make them cowtow to Thaksin, but they will stay and fight the charges, unlike Mr T! I bet he did not think they would defend themselves, choosing his method of running away!

There is a reason why the Army have not come out yet and may just stay in Barracks regardless. They have been paid off by Thaksin. THe Police seem more proactive with the current demostratoins, unlike in 2010! Even Yingluck has asked the police to protect the demonstrators, She knows if any get killed by police or army or blackshirt, then she is as guilty as Abhisit and Suthep supposedly are!

I think the army will only appear when rival demonstrators have killed a few hundred of themselves in clashes!

So now the people know what maybe they did not reallize, that this is an exercise in Bringing the corruption that is Thaksin home! "hail the hero the saviour of Thailand" would probably be the welcome home signs when/if he returns. II know they wanted him to be able to come home, But not without Abhisit and Suthep going to Jail for something that any leader of a democratic country had the right and obligation to do, namely clearing the demonstrators that were starting to burn the city down.

In reality Thaksin is responsible for the regretion of Thai politics, more so than any politician before him! the pigs at the trough who are well in control, if they don't get what they want they will bring the country down with them, the ultimate revenge! In fact that may very well be the price Thailand pays anyway for his return. In other words it is not Thaksin or dare I say Abhisit or Suthep or any other politicain that have anything to lose! the real losers are the Thai People, who will never get a say in how the country is run!

This is Politics for politicians not for the people. Dictatorship over any semblance of Democracy. IMO

• Like 1

GoatRoper post # 43

I wonder if this mass opposition was expected by PTP and plowed into their equation and allowed for? My guess is yes and they could not care less as they have already demonstrated.

Sadly that which you posted is rather too near the truth for comfort, Thaksin , his family and their brown nosing acolytes have always without fail shown their utter contempt for the Thai people. It's all about Thaksin and no-one else.

Indeed they have reversed that comment of J.F. Kennedy, '' what can I do for my country?''

To in Thaksinspeak to ''what can my country do for me?''

Or perhaps somewhat more apt ''How can I enslave my country and its peoples?''

nntlogo.jpg

Suthep is a funny guy.

And you know this, how? Are you there? I suggest you change your newspaper. Today's BP headline's interestingwhistling.gif

It may be interesting but the city police were estimating 8,000 yesterday.

Edited by fab4

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

• Like 1

nntlogo.jpg

50,000 people going each night to the rally Posted Image

Its more like 5000 Posted Image

Suthep is a funny guy.

Today is Sunday I hope that the dems can convince some more seniors to drip by... Posted Image

And you know this, how? Are you there? I suggest you change your newspaper. Today's BP headline's interestingPosted Image  

From where I am today I can see the rally at Lumpini from above.

You guys who are convinced you are in the right, feel free to join them. I see plenty of empty parking space so the access will be very easy ;)

I wonder why they need such loud speakers for such a small crowd... We hear it till the 23rd floor :blink:

You guys who are convinced you are in the right, feel free to join them. I see plenty of empty parking space so the access will be very easy wink.png

I wonder why they need such loud speakers for such a small crowd... We hear it till the 23rd floor blink.png

I live on the 31st floor. It's amazing how much noise travels up from the ground

gerry1011, on 03 Nov 2013 - 15:52, said:snapback.png

You guys who are convinced you are in the right, feel free to join them. I see plenty of empty parking space so the access will be very easy wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

I wonder why they need such loud speakers for such a small crowd... We hear it till the 23rd floor xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.AQgCnSOpp_.png

Se there are now photos of them walking to Urapong.

Looks to be quite a large number of them.

Still it must be difficult to see with only one red eye open.

• Like 2

You guys who are convinced you are in the right, feel free to join them. I see plenty of empty parking space so the access will be very easy wink.png

I wonder why they need such loud speakers for such a small crowd... We hear it till the 23rd floor blink.png

Bloody amateurs those at Lumpini. The UDD shoutcasts from Ratchaprasong in 2010 could be heard from at least a few kilometers distance!

Not only opposition but also anger, attached the English version of a popular avatar on facebook :

post-12069-0-39057500-1383488411_thumb.j

Latest news (rumor ?) has it that Yingluck has 2 planes on standby ready for a quick escape.

Why 2 I wouldn't know, perhaps "one for the money two for the show" as the very old rock song once said.

Bloody amateurs those at Lumpini. The UDD shoutcasts from Ratchaprasong in 2010 could be heard from at least a few kilometers distance!

And the black smoke from the burning tires and shopping center etc could be seen even further away !