Events in December

st11x

G'day,

What events & festivals are taking place in December? I have people planning to visit then, so would like to make sure they don't miss something if it's interesting to them.

I suppose the opening of Maya is one of them though it's not quite confirmed yet.

thanks

Matt

Thanks for the replies, I will add them to the list of things to check out.

I thought the Royal Rajapruek usually has something at this time of the year; or maybe it's in January? I was there about a month ago and there was digging everywhere and the staff told us they were preparing for December. However, it's been like the 3rd time over a few years that we have been there and they always say the "big event" is coming up a couple of months away.

thanks

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

"Posted 2013-11-04 10:12:51

G'day,

"What events & festivals are taking place in December? I have people planning to visit then, so would like to make sure they don't miss something if it's interesting to them.

I suppose the opening of Maya is one of them though it's not quite confirmed yet.

thanks

Matt"

Posted 2013-11-21 21:32:07

Interesting development:

- Maya decided to postpone the opening to January.

- Central Department at Kad Suan Keaw will renew the contract as they expect the owner of KSK to renovate the mall.

Is there a run down of who is playing at the Jazz festival.

Also first time to Mae Jo Fair. Any advice on what day to go, what time of day, and parking?

If the Mae Jo Festival is the 'real one' and by all accounts it should be this year as the official one has not occurred in 2 or 3 years now, then it doesn't matter when you go. It will be busy all day and night each day of the festival. They usually have a great Muay Thai the 1st day as well as a caravan of classic cars from Pratu Thapae to the University. The last night is always great for picking up plants cheap (but is very hectic and crowded). There has always been plenty of parking in the past.

whats this ?

i found this show . circus ,concert ? poster today

which i think is a 3 hour show 20 , 21 , 22 of ?

at the 700 year stadium and tickets are 300 to 1000 baht

can anyone confirm any more details ?

coz this looks as if it could be fun to see :)

dave2

post-42592-0-18227900-1386154849_thumb.j

post-42592-0-58661300-1386154892_thumb.j

Yes there is something going on at Royal Flora from I believe the 4th Dec to 10th Jan. Not sure if it as big as last year or not but will go and check it out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app