Hotel prices

tomth

Hi,

I am coming to Samui in on December 22nd for a couple of weeks and have been looking at hotel prices. I used to live in Lamai a few years back and don't remember the prices being so high. I know it's peak season but I'm thinking of just booking a place for 2 nights then having a drive about and see what's available.

I'm looking for a nice clean place, was hoping to get a nice apartment type place, or bungalow would be ok, saw this but it's fully booked:

http://samuirenthouse.com/1200/showcase#.UnZkKQ2DB0A.email

That would be ideal for me.

Was hoping to spend up to around 2000 baht but the places I'm seeing on Agoda etc. don't look good at that price.

Any thoughts?. Will I struggle to find anything at all by driving around?.

Thanks

• Like 1

Christmas is always busy and hotels will , generally , try to make you pay for a not very good xmas dinner ..

If you want to chance it then hotels that are not booked will be giving better deals as Xmas gets closer , but for now they will stick out for the highest price ..

• Like 1

"Any thoughts?. Will I struggle to find anything at all by driving around?."

That's what I would do...book something for a couple of days and look around, I think you'll find some thing you like, even at that time of year... Lots of resorts to look at....

I think only the higher end hotels would try on the Christmas dinner included thing.... wink.pngfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Trouble with your plan is you will be moving rooms probably on Xmas day.

Not that it mattrs I guess....there will be vacancies....just a bit of leg work....mix in the occasional refreshment stop and you'll be fine! biggrin.png

From my humble experience you will find rooms around Christmas, it will become more difficult towards new year when most hotels are fully booked.

I would book a place for a few nights, then check with owner/manager if you can extend until the day you leave. Might need to move rooms within the property, but still better than driving around looking for a new place. Also, check on websites for rates and then ask for 15-20% discount from resort as this equals the commission payments to online booking agents. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies,

I managed to find an available room here through Asiarooms.

http://samuirenthous...ZkKQ2DB0A.email

£1100 for 2 weeks and looks great, happy days I'm looking forward to lying in that Jacuzzi with a glass of JD. I didn't really want to go driving about and I'm sure the missus wouldn't have been happy in the hot sun all day.

Also I know what you mean about the Gala dinners I've been suckered into that before ha!.

I used to rent a 2 bed house near Silavadee resort with amazing views for 18,000 PM will be interesting to see if it's still there and what the landlady wants for rent nowadays.

Cheers.

Tom

I have to travel a lot for my business, mostly in Europe,

but often in the Thailand.

Before I used to use sites like Travelocity,

but I quickly found the better way to find deals is to go to

the second level-those sites like http://reservelowcost.com

Who compare the hundreds of different booking sites in one

single search. So you not only see trivago or expedia

deals but ALL of them in one place.

I must've save over 3,000 euros since I started using them.

I agree, just using one of the top booking sites is not the best idea.

I hope it helps wink.png

I have to travel a lot for my business, mostly in Europe,
but often in the Thailand.
Before I used to use sites like Travelocity,
but I quickly found the better way to find deals is to go to
the second level-those sites like http://reservelowcost.com
Who compare the hundreds of different booking sites in one
single search. So you not only see trivago or expedia
deals but ALL of them in one place.
I must've save over 3,000 euros since I started using them.
I agree, just using one of the top booking sites is not the best idea.
I hope it helps wink.png

your site by any chance?

Thanks for all the replies,

I managed to find an available room here through Asiarooms.

http://samuirenthous...ZkKQ2DB0A.email

£1100 for 2 weeks and looks great, happy days I'm looking forward to lying in that Jacuzzi with a glass of JD. I didn't really want to go driving about and I'm sure the missus wouldn't have been happy in the hot sun all day.

Also I know what you mean about the Gala dinners I've been suckered into that before ha!.

I used to rent a 2 bed house near Silavadee resort with amazing views for 18,000 PM will be interesting to see if it's still there and what the landlady wants for rent nowadays.

Cheers.

Tom

THB 4,000 per day.