'Three killed' in Norway bus hijack

webfact

'Three killed' in Norway bus hijack

A man wielding a knife hijacked a bus in western Norway and killed three people on board, police say.

The suspect, in his 50s and of foreign origin, has been arrested, police told the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.

The victims - one woman and two men - included the bus driver. There were no immediate details of other casualties.

The man was overpowered by firefighters who rushed to the scene of what was initially reported as a traffic accident, police said.

The attack took place around 17:30 local time (16:30 GMT) on a remote mountain road near Ardal, about 220km (135 miles) north-west of Oslo.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24812042

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-11-05

I wonder if it's the unbelievably easy Prison life in Norway that attracts this crime by people from poor African countries, Norwegian prison life would probably be 100 times better than struggling to get by in Ethiopia or Sudan.

Norway wants to deport, the Asylum Seekers want to stay, so how does an Asylum seeker get to stay with 100% certainty, commit a bad enough crime, not a simple crime that will certainly get you deported, but Murder, that will allow you to stay for sure.

http://www.diretube.com/articles/read-norway-to-deport-over-400-refugees-back-to-ethiopia_1400.html#.UnhvUPlmjeg

Maybe get imprisoned at this place..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3SMiDvjdg

Edited by 10Yen

I wonder if it's the unbelievably easy Prison life in Norway that attracts this crime by people from poor African countries, Norwegian prison life would probably be 100 times better than struggling to get by in Ethiopia or Sudan.

Norway wants to deport, the Asylum Seekers want to stay, so how does an Asylum seeker get to stay with 100% certainty, commit a bad enough crime, not a simple crime that will certainly get you deported, but Murder, that will allow you to stay for sure.

http://www.diretube.com/articles/read-norway-to-deport-over-400-refugees-back-to-ethiopia_1400.html#.UnhvUPlmjeg

That's a very ugly insinuation.

Horrific and very sad for those murdered...

• Like 1

And this piece of thrash was supposed to be sent out of the country today xangry.png.pagespeed.ic.PidUDkLTtz.webp !! About time we get centers where people like this are kept under lock until they are kicked out.

Until now their "individual right" prohibits that !!!!!

• Like 1

Norway tends to give what some would consider light sentences, so this guy will likely get plenty of time to spend in his home country once he is released and deported. They will deport him after he is released, won't they?

It seems firefighters in Norway have bigger balls than cops! (swat waiting bigger boat while breivig killed kids)

Tasteless and base choice of wording IMO and two different incidents. If the police aren't involved in the printed story, let us drag them into it so we can criticize them.

I sense some undertones here, but can't comment further on who else was involved in the incident. I wasn't there and didn't get a call from the local police/fire fighters to tell me the whole story.

Anyone have additional, factual information?

Edited by Benmart

It seems firefighters in Norway have bigger balls than cops! (swat waiting bigger boat while breivig killed kids)

Tasteless and base choice of wording IMO and two different incidents. If the police aren't involved in the printed story, let us drag them into it so we can criticize them.

I sense some undertones here, but can't comment further on who else was involved in the incident. I wasn't there and didn't get a call from the local police/fire fighters to tell me the whole story.

Anyone have additional, factual information?

Cops drove 99 km for mor than an hour....widelycriticised in Norway.Paramedic thought they were responding traffic accident and disarmed suspect. Two males dead around 50 yrs old and 19 year old girl. One paramedic stabbed but alive.

The Scandanavian governments are the same as the witless British one, allowing thousands of unwanted "asylum seekers" (read: economic migrants) into their countries, with Joe Public paying the price.

Norway and Sweden are both prime examples of the failure of multiculturalism, let's face it to read the headline was to know it was long odds that a native Norwegian was responsible. As for the comment on the courage of the fire brigade in tacking the suspect, I think this may be down to them having experience of dealing with violence on an ongoing basis every time they are sent to put out fires in culturally enriched areas.

P.S The governments of said Countries go out of their way to hush up the imported crime wave they have inflicted on their people.

Again probably off topic, but maybe Scott will permit a response.

As far as I know the last riots in Norway were in 2009 outside the Israeli Embassy and some side streets, not sure that there was a requirement for intervention by the Fire Brigade.

From Wikipedia:

Crime

The overall probability that a person living in Norway would be convicted for a felony was increased by about 0.5 percentage points for the immigrant compared to non-immigrant populations for felonies committed in the years 2001-2004

Sexual crimes

In the cases available to a descriptive study of crime among immigrants and non-immigrants for sexual crimes committed in the years 2001-2004, there were a total of 1804 cases, with an immigrant perpetrator in 155 of them, i.e. 8.6%. In 2010, 1368 sexual crimes charges were filed in Norway, 1213 of these, i.e. 87%, were filed against Norwegian citizens.

Off topic, but an analysis of the riots & migrant issues in Sweden at:

http://www.newstatesman.com/economics/2013/06/swedish-riots-what-really-happened

Edited by simple1

The Scandanavian governments are the same as the witless British one, allowing thousands of unwanted "asylum seekers" (read: economic migrants) into their countries, with Joe Public paying the price.

Norway and Sweden are both prime examples of the failure of multiculturalism, let's face it to read the headline was to know it was long odds that a native Norwegian was responsible. As for the comment on the courage of the fire brigade in tacking the suspect, I think this may be down to them having experience of dealing with violence on an ongoing basis every time they are sent to put out fires in culturally enriched areas.

P.S The governments of said Countries go out of their way to hush up the imported crime wave they have inflicted on their people.

As far as I know the last riots in Norway were in 2009 outside the Israeli Embassy and some side streets, not sure that there was a requirement for intervention by the Fire Brigade.

From Wikipedia:

Crime

The overall probability that a person living in Norway would be convicted for a felony was increased by about 0.5 percentage points for the immigrant compared to non-immigrant populations for felonies committed in the years 2001-2004

Sexual crimes

In the cases available to a descriptive study of crime among immigrants and non-immigrants for sexual crimes committed in the years 2001-2004, there were a total of 1804 cases, with an immigrant perpetrator in 155 of them, i.e. 8.6%. In 2010, 1368 sexual crimes charges were filed in Norway, 1213 of these, i.e. 87%, were filed against Norwegian citizens.

http://www.newstatesman.com/economics/2013/06/swedish-riots-what-really-happened

You can spin it anyway you want, especially Sweden's issues, but sometimes you just gotta call a turd a turd.

• Like 2

From Wikipedia:

Crime

Sexual crimes

You can spin it anyway you want, especially Sweden's issues, but sometimes you just gotta call a turd a turd.

No spin, just providing government stats.

No spin, just providing government stats.

And there is the contradiction in a nutshell. I will limit myself to one post containing two links in response, if Scott permits. Here are the stats as compiled by a non-government source.

First to preface my comments by noting the accused is from South Sudan, which makes him 94% likely to be a Christian or Animist and only 6% likely to be a Muslim, according to the link from a Norwegian article posted earlier in this thread, one wonders whether the same breakdown by religion would have been volunteered had the accused come from North Sudan or Somalia. coffee1.gif

Below is a translation of an article written in Norwegian in response to an op-ed in a Norwegian newspaper accusing the press and police of causing racism by publishing rape statistics. This does beg the question as to how this could be so if the figures released were as innocuous as the ones quoted by Simple.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2012/05/oslo-rape-wave-detailed-statistics.html

But convictions alone do not paint a correct picture, as only 12% of all reported rapes in Norway result in a conviction. The number of rapists in Norway who are convicted of rape is only between 0.5% and 1%. It is therefore customary to base rape statistics on police reports and the victim’s description of the perpetrator when trying to determine the frequency of rape. And these numbers paint a very clear picture, so clear in fact that some feel compelled to a) disregard all tables except the one that support their own views and cool.png attempt to sustain other myths.

I will avoid discussing Sweden, save to say they have the highest rape statistics in the Western world, but instead offer a link showing just how enriching cultural enrichment has been for Norway.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/norway-loses-713000-on-every-muslim-immigrant/

The newspaper has previously revealed that Norway loses 4.1 million kroner ($713,740.30) for each non-western immigrant coming into the country and that immigration has cost 70 billion kroner ($12,185,810,000) in seven years. On Wednesday the newspaper determined that the government spends 2 million kroner ($348,110) per newly arrived non-Western immigrant they get to work or study.

and here's a picture of no interest to the redundant Norwegian fire service from the above article..

norway-islam-444x350.jpg

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 2