Entry activation 45 minutes after plane arrival

Hi Visa Gurus,

Somehow it happened that I have tickets from Hong Kong to Bkk Suvarnabhumi with arrival at 23.15, or 45 minutes before the time of my second entry with the double entries travel visa will expire. Tickets are not refundable so I should either risk or buy new ticket. How do you think, what are my chances?

Why on earth would you cut it so fine?

Even if the flight's on time you might have to queue that long.

smile.png

Well, this is quite complicated story :) We first bought tickets Bkk-HK-BKK to apply for the one entry visa (to show tickets from Thailand), because my wife likes HK. After that we learned that we can easy get two entries visa in Thai Consulate here in Bali. Same little paperwork needed and $60 difference in cost per person. Tomorrow we should apply for one entry and get another one entry visa in Hong Kong or get two entries here and risk. Help us choose the right choice please.

Why on earth would you cut it so fine?

Even if the flight's on time you might have to queue that long.

xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

Well, this is quite complicated story smile.png We first bought tickets Bkk-HK-BKK to apply for the one entry visa (to show tickets from Thailand), because my wife likes HK. After that we learned that we can easy get two entries visa in Thai Consulate here in Bali. Same little paperwork needed and $60 difference in cost per person. Tomorrow we should apply for one entry and get another one entry visa in Hong Kong or get two entries here and risk. Help us choose the right choice please.

The choice is yours to make !

You are aware of the options !smile.png

For better advice:

How long do you want to stay?

What nationality do you have (Russian)?

Q: is there a rule, that the planned arrival date time/date of the plane is considered?

(analog to the rule when leaving: no advantage by going throigh immigration before midnight, scheduled departure time/date counts)

Edited by KhunBENQ

For better advice:

Q: is there a rule, that the planned arrival date time/date of the plane is considered?

(analog to the rule when leaving: no advantage by going throigh immigration before midnight, scheduled departure time/date counts)

We'll arrive to Bkk at Dec 1, at about 16.00, going to be there 90 days (60 days by visa and 30 days visa extension), leave Thailand for HK at Feb 25 and come back at Feb 28 in the evening. Yes, we are Russians.

Interesting analog with the leaving rule, thanks. It confirms our decision to apply for the 1 entry.

For better advice:

We'll arrive to Bkk at Dec 1, at about 16.00, going to be there 90 days (60 days by visa and 30 days visa extension), leave Thailand for HK at Feb 25 and come back at Feb 28 in the evening. Yes, we are Russians.

Interesting analog with the leaving rule, thanks. It confirms our decision to apply for the 1 entry.

If your Russian may I congratulate you on your language skills.smile.png

In my past experiences arriving many times on flights scheduled to arrive between 23:00 and 00:00, even when they arrived late and I wasn't hitting immigration until 01:00, they were still stamping passports from the previous date (from before midnight.) Don't know what time they actually adjust the dates on their stamps?

• Like 2

You must prepare onward ticket out of Thailand and maybe some funds records while requesting visa in HK.

My friends 2 months ago do a stopover in HK while traveling Moscow - HK - BKK and obtain VISAs in HK, but officials strictly checked documents.

• Like 1

From own experience, you should make it in time, I came in from Manila sheduled 23:00, parked on the runway, had to go WC, and still was in Taxi by 23:45

Anyway some things to consider, which worked very well in the past (for me).

If you can book you seat online, book it as close to the exit as possible. You don't want loose precious time in the plane, don't you.

Once in the terminal, speed up. Everybody you managed to pass on the way to immigration, does not queue up in front of you.

In the unlikely event that there are queues you have to avoid families with children, the tourists (especially those with flip-flops and singlets), elderly people, tour groups, a.s.o.

You're coming from HKG, avoid to queue up behind anyone who was on the same plane, a good amount will not have filled their immigration card. Look instead for business travelers or contractors.

• Like 1

In my past experiences arriving many times on flights scheduled to arrive between 23:00 and 00:00, even when they arrived late and I wasn't hitting immigration until 01:00, they were still stamping passports from the previous date (from before midnight.) Don't know what time they actually adjust the dates on their stamps?

That is what I was hoping to my post #6 above.

Would make sense compared to the rules for departing.

I think they look at your ticket/boarding pass and adjust the date accordingly.

Unfortunately I can not quote any source to confirm this rule.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1