Oil massage near Sukhumvit BKK?

TPDH

Hey

Im living near Asoke/Nana BTS in Bangkok and Im looking for a good and cheap place to take some relaxing oil massages. I usually go to Healthland for a 2 hour Thai massage for 500 baht, which i find really cheap considering how good it is. But I feel that Thai massage does not relax my muscles enough, so I prefer oil massages but Healthlands oil massages is too expensive. Is there any good oil massages near sukhumvit where i dont need to pay more than 500 Baht for 2 hours? 1 hour for 250 Baht is fine too.

• Haha 1

Definitely the best place is next to the Emporium shopping Mall. If you are facing the front entrance, its on the left down Soi 20 which goes past the Emporium car park. Walk just past the car park entrance and you will see a lane and sign to Spa 20. Its an old building in its own garden owned by a Japanese company. The masseuses are very professional and trained extremely well. They also do therapeutic massage, and not expensive. Its one of the oldest, most respected in BKK.

• Confused 1

I was going to write 'you cannot find an oil massage around Nana?" but realized it was the prize that concerns you.

I don't think there are any places around Nana where an oil massage costs less than Baht 250 an hour.

Last time I went to any massage was over 2 years ago, but I don't think prices have dropped since then.

It was usually at least 350 - 400 baht per hour for an oil massage.

So I am anxious to know also if there is a place around there that offers oil massages at or below Baht 250 an hour.

Well, my favorite place for traditional Thai massage is a place far into Sukh Soi 33. I think they have oil massage as well, but because I've never been interested in it myself I've never paid attention.

If they do have oil massage, I would expect the price to be very reasonable, since their traditional massage is 350 baht for two hours (almost as low as the true Thai price).

It's called Wat Pho massage. You need to go down soi 33 past all the girlie bars, restaurants and sex massage places; on the right, in the last block of businesses, you'll see it on the right.

Most are at least 300 an hour (couple of years ago). Good place right down Soi 19, but forget the name. It's on the right, can't miss it. Many of the salons in that area only want happy ending customers.

'Friends'. Pretty popular place with tourists and expats.

Edited by sniffdog

it seems oil massage is a bit expensive.

how about bringing your own oil and tell masseuse oil is mine and yours is massage?

But if you buy palm oil, that is also expensive.

Anyway, there are so many benefits and 1 bottle cannot be consumed in just 1 time massage.

Most are at least 300 an hour (couple of years ago). Good place right down Soi 19, but forget the name. It's on the right, can't miss it. Many of the salons in that area only want happy ending customers.

I think the place is May Massage, right above that pizza place that's pretty good, I want to say it's called Big Momma or something. Any way May Massage is the most reasonably priced place I've found in that area.

• 5 years later...