Pheu Thai seeks dissolution of Democrat Party

webfact

Can this government get any lower?

Yes.

I have just (3 minutes ago) been told by a Thai colleague that Thaksin has "bought" some Cambodian troops and that they are on the way to Bangkok to cause trouble. There were photos on Facebook.

I am not sure whether to believe it or not. I am looking for the source now.

I can't find any more information about this except that they are supposed to be in 15 Thai police cars heading from Don Muang now.

It's probably another one of the Facebook propaganda things.

Sounds like the same facebook "source" Robby nz was quoting earlier in the week about Yingluck being at an Army Barracks awaiting a chopper to take her to Utapao where there were 2 planes on standby to get her <deleted> out of dodge if the toys were chucked out of the cot.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.

I have just (3 minutes ago) been told by a Thai colleague that Thaksin has "bought" some Cambodian troops and that they are on the way to Bangkok to cause trouble. There were photos on Facebook.

As long as they have work permits, we can't complain !!

and 30 day visa's.

And full medical check certs.

Yes.

I can't find any more information about this except that they are supposed to be in 15 Thai police cars heading from Don Muang now.

Sounds like the same facebook "source" Robby nz was quoting earlier in the week about Yingluck being at an Army Barracks awaiting a chopper to take her to Utapao where there were 2 planes on standby to get her <deleted> out of dodge if the toys were chucked out of the cot.

Hopefully but it has Yingluck worried........

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday warned that violence could erupt during planned anti-government protests in Bangkok this weekend, following unrest at rallies in the capital over recent years.......As Prime Minister and a Thai citizen I worry that the rally could lead to violence," Yingluck said ...........An attempt to introduce an amnesty bill into parliament was aborted last year after "Yellow Shirts" ...... rallied outside the legislature, evoking memories of their staunch street opposition to Thaksin in 2006.

Quite simply, the educated have woken up. A wonderful, and long awaited thing!

This complaint in numbers will grown and grow, until this either becomes violent, yet again, or a coup, yet again, or Thaksin decides he really is an old fart that can't possibly win.

To have a possibility that he has bought Cambodians to topple BKK is ludicrous. He loves his people!

• Like 1

It is a very good idea, so long as you are aspiring to become a dictator.

When your paid militia/thugs perish, there will always be bystanders to take their weapons/remove distinctive clothing, thus leaving a poor dead unarmed protester aka another martyr. As with the black-shirt militia before there was plenty of photographic evidence of their existance but not a single dead one was found. A 7.5 million payout to any family makes that a win-win situation.

The red side desperately need bloodshed again to rile emotions among the feeble minded, that will lead to more confrontations in Bangkok and allow a clampdown on the blossoming rallies. Together with some sort of forced sign propaganda around the country as we saw nearly being done last week, the impression will be of a united nation(all thanks and praise to Thaksin).

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-031.gif

When your paid militia/thugs perish, there will always be bystanders to take their weapons/remove distinctive clothing, thus leaving a poor dead unarmed protester aka another martyr. As with the black-shirt militia before there was plenty of photographic evidence of their existance but not a single dead one was found. A 7.5 million payout to any family makes that a win-win situation.

The red side desperately need bloodshed again to rile emotions among the feeble minded, that will lead to more confrontations in Bangkok and allow a clampdown on the blossoming rallies. Together with some sort of forced sign propaganda around the country as we saw nearly being done last week, the impression will be of a united nation(all thanks and praise to Thaksin).

Hey Fabby. Stop banging your head against the wall. You'll damage the wall rolleyes.gif

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

Hey Fabby. Stop banging your head against the wall. You'll damage the wall rolleyes.gif

You have to agree cbr, this is looking like it could get nasty?

The march to there may have led through parts under ISA.

Didn't someone say the Ratchadomoen Rd wasn't in the ISA restricted area?

Deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Pol Maj Gen Samroeng Suwannaphong said the rally site on Ratchadamnoen Road was not covered by the Internal Security Act enforced earlier

The march to there may have led through parts under ISA.

Didn't someone say the Ratchadomoen Rd wasn't in the ISA restricted area?

Deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Pol Maj Gen Samroeng Suwannaphong said the rally site on Ratchadamnoen Road was not covered by the Internal Security Act enforced earlier

I'm sure the International Security Act will be revised at 4:00 a.m. this coming morning!

-mel ;)

AMNESTY BILL
Petition to dissolve Democrat Party submitted to EC

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit submitted Thursday a petition to dissolve the Democrat Party, for breaking the laws and using the anti-bill protesters to topple the government.

In the petition to the Election Commission, the party said evidence shows that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva was on the stage of the anti-bill demonstration. Other MPs including Suthep Thaugsuban also showed up. This shows the Democrats’ role in mobilising protesters, which is in violation to the laws.

Prompong said that though Abhisit said he was invited to the site, but he is a political party leader and an MP. He should have honoured the parliamentary system, by staging a flight in Parliament.

"The Democrats are staging a drama. In Parliament, they discussed only the need of the bill and its name. However, on the stage, they delved into details to persuade the innocent public. Though Pheu Thai and the Senate agree to drop the bill and other bills alike, the Democrats and Suthep raise a new condition to move the demonstration to another level. This demonstrates their true intention to use the anti-bill protesters in toppling the government," Prompong said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-07

• Like 1

A true sign of reconciliation.

Well, if the Dems don't want to consider an amnesty, don't want to sit at the reconciliation table, make the people go back to the streets like in the old days, and continue their destructive fight... why should the PT not do the same?

If the Dems want to play games there must be two players biggrin.png

Well, if the Pheu Thai led government under guidance of the golf caddy wants to force a 'blanket amnesty' bill on people, than obviously the Democrats are to be blamed.

Well, if the Dems don't want to consider an amnesty, don't want to sit at the reconciliation table, make the people go back to the streets like in the old days, and continue their destructive fight... why should the PT not do the same?

The only difference in this show is the name , Pheu Thai members must recall a few years back they did the same , there is nothing wrong with members of Parliament in a democracy leading from the front , so long as it is peaceful and no damage is done, now that can not be said about some political parties or supporters from the different factions in Thailand , question is, who were they now.bah.gif

• Like 2

Well, if the Pheu Thai led government under guidance of the golf caddy wants to force a 'blanket amnesty' bill on people, than obviously the Democrats are to be blamed.

If the Dems want to play games there must be two players xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

How can you give an amnesty to people who have broken the law, the law comes before the moral right to favour certain people, otherwise what's good for the goose is good for the gander, all for one , onefor all.

Edited by chainarong

Yes.

Sounds like it too much in the open for Thaksin, he is more a back doorman.

Good to get some inside information but I think that's too much. xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

AMNESTY BILL

Petition to dissolve Democrat Party submitted to EC

The Nation

.Prompong said that though Abhisit said he was invited to the site, but he is a political party leader and an MP. He should have honoured the parliamentary system, by staging a flight in Parliament.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-07

Like this??coffee1.gif

post-137512-0-84378700-1383811553_thumb.

• Like 1

I think the Democrats would be happy with reconciliation, if it wouldn't include Thaksin and many other court cases.

The Democrats are happy to stay at court for any wrongdoings the red tells about them.

To seek the dissolution is one more sign that this never was about reconciliation. It is about pardon Thaksins crimes.

• Like 1

So go ahead and dissolve it, if you can...

And where will these disbanded people go? Will they feel shamed enough to drop out of sight and disappear from politics. Where will the big money go that got this party into power? Will it be deferred to improving the roads, or aiding the well-being of people everywhere?

Regrettably, Thailand politics is like a big Leggo town, made up of broken, mismatching Leggo pieces. You can tear down the entire Leggo town right to the last piece, or you can tear down a few Leggo buildings, but all you have to rebuild are those same pieces. Going out and finding brand new pieces is an exercise in futility when you consider the factory that makes them.

The logic of Thais, in this case, remains little better than sheer lunacy.

• Like 1

Let's continue the blame game and the fight.

We enjoyed years and years of (destructive) fun, reconciliation seems to be an impossible option for one side, so, let's enjoy some more years of the same fun. It seems to suit quite well the revenge needs of many. So be it thumbsup.gif

But don't blame PT for joining the fight then.

It's not like in the bible where we are told to offer our second cheek when we were slapped on the first (or something like that, sorry I am not very much into religion things whistling.gif )

I love to see the reaction of you guys on here. The Dems play dirty games and you all agree and consider them as saints. The PT fights back and you cry foul. Funny giggle.gif

Edited by gerry1011

And where will these disbanded people go? Will they feel shamed enough to drop out of sight and disappear from politics. Where will the big money go that got this party into power? Will it be deferred to improving the roads, or aiding the well-being of people everywhere?

Regrettably, Thailand politics is like a big Leggo town, made up of broken, mismatching Leggo pieces. You can tear down the entire Leggo town right to the last piece, or you can tear down a few Leggo buildings, but all you have to rebuild are those same pieces. Going out and finding brand new pieces is an exercise in futility when you consider the factory that makes them.

I'm sorry, but even LEGO is too complicated for this shower.

-Mel.

If dissolved, the party would be immediately recreated under an other name.

It would not change anything much, except that Abhisit would be banned from politics for 5 years because he did not resign as an executive of the party but was at the protest (as a "guest",they say whistling.gif )

It's just a move to annoy the Dems.

Fair game. The Dems tried the same before and keep showing up at the constitution court for all sorts of unreasonable reasons.

Those who accept the game played by the Dems must accept the same game from PT.

And it seems that the end is not for tomorrow rolleyes.gif

Not sure I understand what you mean by "Where will the big money go that got this party into power?"... Are you sure you don't mix up the Dems and PT? The Dems are the ones subject to be dissolved, but are not the ones in power... (they wish but they lose every election)

I'm sorry, but even LEGO is too complicated for this shower.

-Mel.

Agreed! Leggo is the Thai knock-off version.