Thai govt drops amnesty bills

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact it wasn't just your average person who was protesting, but Business leaders, businesses and University Lecturers too, it doesn't really paint the Bill in a positive light to the rest of the world. Especially with Asean around the corner, tourist season upon us, this is the last thing the Government needs; and as others have mentioned, the risk of a potential coup could have been the swaying factor.

The thing is though, many Thais don't believe this anouncement and think its either fake, to get the protesters to back down or there's something else at play here.

I would agree with that. Watch your back!

Who was the 1?

Probably the PM. Good on them they have noticed the people and if it had gone through it would not have surprised me a Revolution would have followed and who would be the winners there, NO ONE.

3Cheers for the people.

• Like 1

Does this mean the Government will now get down to solving some of the more

serious problems of Thailand, now this matter has been put on the back burner,

for the time been at least.

regards worgeordie

Huh?

What serious problems?

• Like 1

Wasn't it last week that 310 - 0 voted for the bills, now they suddenly voted 310-1 to disband the bills?

So, all of them changed their minds? Don't these puppets have a mind of their own? Hence why people smell a rat.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If I am not misunderstanding something, they did vote 310-0 to approve the bill that the Senate will scrutinize tomorrow.

They voted 310-1 to drop the alternative bills that are not being considered by the Senate anyway.

Hope things will return to normal. Fighting and too many angry people on the streets is not good.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It only good if it leads to improvement if it goes back to normal nothing has been won.

Like Crossy I smell a rat too.

This is just a devious tactic to try & get the protestors off the streets. Don't forget that Mr ear medicine has a couple of amnesty bills up his sleeve - which haven't yet been presented to the parliament. What has not yet been said by YL is that amnesty for Skyping bro is off the table.

Interesting article in the other paper saying that the Lawyers Council is currently translating the amnesty bill (the one before the Senate) for releasing to international media. It will demonstrate that PTP wants to absolve corruption, not only for Thaksin, but for thousands of cases currently with the NACC.

I do suspect that the protestors won't trust the government next time anyway.

Nice to see Thaksin face in combination with the amnesty bills. The reason that the people are not on Sanam Luang but on the public roads preventing school children from going to school and working people from going to work is of course that Suthep and Abhisit were also main beneficiaries of the amnesty and they need to get the government out because otherwise they will go to jail.

If there is so much resentment against amnesties why no cancelling all those amnesty bills that have been passed under the Democrat governments either, preventing democracy rapists in the army of facing the full force of the law.

• Like 1

According to my morning Thai newspaper, the moment that the Japanese government heard about the amnesty plans, they rushed some high-level policemen to Bangkok, got a meeting with DSI, and said in forthright terms that they weren't prepared for the death of Hiroyuki Miramoto (photographer shot in the 2010 riots) to be whitewashed.

That, added to the general opprobrium being expressed here and overseas, seems finally to have percolated into the dim consciousness of the Pheu Thai leadership.

Not before time, some would say.

Nice to see Thaksin face in combination with the amnesty bills. The reason that the people are not on Sanam Luang but on the public roads preventing school children from going to school and working people from going to work is of course that Suthep and Abhisit were also main beneficiaries of the amnesty and they need to get the government out because otherwise they will go to jail.

If there is so much resentment against amnesties why no cancelling all those amnesty bills that have been passed under the Democrat governments either, preventing democracy rapists in the army of facing the full force of the law.

To use a football saying - you're not watching the same game as me!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your post doesn't make much sense.

What amnesty bills did the Democrats pass while in Government?

Plus Abhisit has welcomed a Trial, bring it on (not like a certain someone else who's ran away), as he probably knows there is more or less no evidence to put him away for anything.

Edited by Hawkman

Another gross misjudgement from the man in Norway. Or part of another devious plan.... Beware!

Talking about Anders Behring Breivik, or the same? whistling.gif

-Mel.

Thaksins war against drugs and Tak Bai cost more than 3000 lifes. In compare Breivik is a small fish.