Make A Will Now.

I've looked at all the old topics on wills and thailand and your thai wife can make a will and register it at the local amphur for 200 baht.

The lawyer can take everything if it's not right as he is exectuter(sp?) and her family off course will circle like starved vultures if she dies or they kill her or the foreigner.

I had her ring about 10 laywers from yellow pages and 8 out of 10 of them were a disgrace and unprofessional with fax machines answering and untrained phone skills and assholing.

It's normally 1,500 or 2,000 if the lawyer does it all for a thai person. It's 10,000 baht for a foreigner.

I get the very strong impression they have it like this so foreigners give up and forget about making a will or doing it right. Ayway for shame on Thailand for making it so difficult and not being straightforward about it.

That kind of thing makes me sorry i ever picked thailand and leaves me advising anyone from back home to not buy in thailand just rent and avoid all the disgraceful of thai laws and lawyers.

This is a link to the thai lawyer council but it's thai so for her to deal with.

http://www.lawyerscouncil.or.th/

I've looked at all the old topics on wills and thailand and your thai wife can make a will and register it at the local amphur for 200 baht.

The lawyer can take everything if it's not right as he is exectuter(sp?) and her family off course will circle like starved vultures if she dies or they kill her or the foreigner.

I had her ring about 10 laywers from yellow pages and 8 out of 10 of them were a disgrace and unprofessional with fax machines answering and untrained phone skills and assholing.

It's normally 1,500 or 2,000 if the lawyer does it all for a thai person. It's 10,000 baht for a foreigner.

I get the very strong impression they have it like this so foreigners give up and forget about making a will or doing it right. Ayway for shame on Thailand for making it so difficult and not being straightforward about it.

That kind of thing makes me sorry i ever picked thailand and leaves me advising anyone from back home to not buy in thailand just rent and avoid all the disgraceful of thai laws and lawyers.

This is a link to the thai lawyer council but it's thai so for her to deal with.

http://www.lawyerscouncil.or.th/

Why would you have a lawyer as your suggested executor ( naming an executor is not allowed in Thailand, but you may suggest someone you trust to represent you and look after your affairs.)

I agree that it is over-expensive for a lawyer to draft a Will in Thailand! For your wife a Public Will is Ok, but as a foreigner you will need to ensure you can be deemed Statutory Heir if she dies so that you can inherit property.There must be someone out there who has had Wills drafted by a Thai lawyer and was happy with the service provided. :o