Watching TV from US on Internet

bradenroger

Hi, do any of you watch US television using the internet? I have tried using Yidio which works fine if you are in the US but when I try to use it here in Thailand, it says that the service is not available in this region. The same if I try to use the CBS.com website. Any advice would be appreciated.

Moving to the Tech forum for more input.

There are a few threads on this subject, try Hola Unblocker for Chrome as a start, it's free smile.png

Hola Unblocker is perfect ... works wonders and is free. Just add the extension and away you go!

Anyone know if NBC Sports works. I want to see the Grey Cup (Canadian Football Championship game) on Nov 24 (Nov 25 here) but I can't check it right now as I am in a remote location with slower than dial-up speeds until the 21st.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I have to make a decision to change some flights if I can't get this solved.

Hola unblocker is great, I have been using it for Pandora for some months now. Another great device is ZenMate, a free VPN that is an extension on Chrome browser (Firefox version is in the works). Truly easy to use, no installation hassles. Currently has server locations in New York, London, Zurich, Frankfurt and Hong Kong, quick and simple switch if you need a "location presence" in any of those places eg. London for BBC iPlayer.

Oh, does a roku have built in home sharing and airplay feature? No, of course not. Don't compare apples and pears. Does it allow me to throw my videos on iPad to my HDTV? Or does it support my my MAC screens with VPN to airplay on my HDTV. Not really.

The roku has basically hundreds of contents channels, but for most of them you need a VPN. And if you like to watch on your HDTV you need to buy a router with VPN support.

In short, if you have an Apple device, the Apple TV is fabulous. But, yes, if you don't the Apple TV isn't a useful purchase.

Buy a Roku 3.

Don't, on the other hand, buy an Apple TV.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 1

Or usenet which is even better than torrents. But not free.

There are just sooooooooo many bit torrent downloads with up to date tv programs. just google them. You can watch one while downloading another, and not worry about stuttering video while on a slower connection. KickassTorrents.com is a fav.

Link works fine. It's a touchy subject. In a touchy country. A big no no is providing a link to a specific torrent that is illegal. Like a link to a torrent for a recent copyrighted movie or TV show.

Some torrents on these sights are legal...

• Like 1

You you're right ... Zillions of illegal downloads, 2 legal. Please can you point out the legal ones?

Anyway, Safari refuses to connect because server cannot be found.

But try these:

Iptorrents.com

Sceneaccess.eu

Usenet-crawler.com

Piratebay.sx

Kickass.to

Nzbclub.com

Edited by sniffdog

You you're right ... Zillions of illegal downloads, 2 legal. Please can you point out the legal ones?

Don't know what to say other than do a Google search and perhaps get a different browser?

Don't know what to say other than do a Google search and perhaps get a different browser?

Hola Unblocker....evidently you are accessing content that is blocked in this country ....by misrepresenting your IP number. You might want to google some more on that.

Some courts have ruled that illegal in the USA, but I am not sure about what they would do to you here in Thailand.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57599275-93/court-rules-that-ip-cloaking-to-access-blocked-sites-violates-law/

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/08/21/proxies-illegal/1

Makes you wish you still had a friend who taped TV shows on his VHS recorder, and you could just borrow it.