Government told to apologize to the public

Lite Beer

11-8-2013-9-49-38-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- State and private universities executives today urged the government to apologize to the public over its blanket amnesty which also pardon those convicted in corruption cases.

The call was made as government representatives led by Deputy Prime Minister Pongthep Thepkanchana and Prime Minister’s Office Minister and Deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Varathep Ratanakorn held talks with executives of 16 private and public universities at the Office of the Higher Education Commission in Bangkok to affirm the government’s stance that it will never vet the amnesty bill again.

At the meeting the state and private university executives proposed the government to stop touting advantages of the amnesty bill and to issue a ministerial announcement to affirm that the government will not revive the amnesty bill again. They then called for all Government MPs who voted to pass the bill on November 1, to apologize the people.

Mr Varathep said the government will listen to opinions of the majority of the people, who oppose the amnesty bill, while Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong asserted that the bill aimed at helping the country achieve reconciliation.

However he said that if many people were skeptical about the bill, it would be killed. He also believed that the ongoing political tension would ease.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-told-apologize-public/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=government-told-apologize-public

--Thai PBS 2013-11-08

• Like 1

They then called for all Government MPs who voted to pass the bill on November 1, to apologize the people.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif Spare me I can only take so much humor in one day.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pncheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifAfter they apologize they can then vote for a new leader who is interested in the welfare of Thailand clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif Not going to happensad.png

• Like 2

They then called for all Government MPs who voted to pass the bill on November 1, to apologize the people.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif Spare me I can only take so much humor in one day.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pncheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifAfter they apologize they can then vote for a new leader who is interested in the welfare of Thailand clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif Not going to happensad.png

Chalerm is getting better, I hear. ;)

-mel.

• Like 1

In brief off-the-cuff remarks to the Financial Times in Dubai, where he now lives, Mr Thaksin accused the opposition of spreading “confusion” over the amnesty bill, as part of an effort to take power by “non-democratic ways”. Asked if he wanted to come back to Thailand, Mr Thaksin said: “Yes, but [it is] not necessary. If I return I should not be part of the problem, I should be part of the solution. I don’t care – I can be a free man here.”.....But he signalled he did not expect the law to be passed in the face of the protests, saying that “when the confusion is there, the people don’t accept it, so we just withdraw it”.http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/LF17Ae01.html

Sounds like Thaksin is in no mood to apologise but he has ordered the law withdrawn.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gThaksin grief.jpg "I don't care"

So what about the reds announcement today that they will fight for the amnesty bill and fight the anti-amnesty protestors?

I wonder what the reaction of ts and ys (and the whole shin clan) will be. Will they tell the reds to back off or will they deliberately say nothing, or ...

• Like 1

In brief off-the-cuff remarks to the Financial Times in Dubai, where he now lives, Mr Thaksin accused the opposition of spreading “confusion” over the amnesty bill, as part of an effort to take power by “non-democratic ways”. Asked if he wanted to come back to Thailand, Mr Thaksin said: “Yes, but [it is] not necessary. If I return I should not be part of the problem, I should be part of the solution. I don’t care – I can be a free man here.”.....But he signalled he did not expect the law to be passed in the face of the protests, saying that “when the confusion is there, the people don’t accept it, so we just withdraw it”.http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/LF17Ae01.html

Sounds like Thaksin is in no mood to apologise but he has ordered the law withdrawn.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gThaksin grief.jpg "I don't care"

So what about the reds announcement today that they will fight for the amnesty bill and fight the anti-amnesty protestors?

I wonder what the reaction of ts and ys (and the whole shin clan) will be. Will they tell the reds to back off or will they deliberately say nothing, or ...

Sorry I am getting confused, are these the fake redshirts, red sunday, redshirts or the independent redshirts and which is the UDD?

• Like 2

Chalerm is getting better, I hear. wink.png

-mel.

Yea, maybe but his brain isn´t.cheesy.gif

No way will these bathroom bullies openly apologize to the people, Amnesty is not the way to bring about a reconciliation , the proper way is to abide by the rule of law and for the members of parliament and the community to work through the problems together ,the biggest problem to over come is Thaskin Shinawatra, if this former Prime Minister would realize that he no longer runs Thailand and refrains from handing out easy money, faces up to the fact that himself and others have broken the law ,then the quicker things will settle and stabilize. bah.gif

It's hard to believe that Thai bureaucrats in academia would "tell" government MPs to apologize. Rather they would sidestep around and whine, imply and plead that they might want to think about it.

Well for the most part I do not have a very good opinion of Thai academia with the exception of a few I find it pretty obvious how bad the PTP has gotten when even they don't condone the PTP actions.

Remember these are the same people who told Yingluck that Thailand did not need any help from the Dutch for water management.

No way will these bathroom bullies openly apologize to the people, Amnesty is not the way to bring about a reconciliation , the proper way is to abide by the rule of law and for the members of parliament and the community to work through the problems together ,the biggest problem to over come is Thaskin Shinawatra, if this former Prime Minister would realize that he no longer runs Thailand and refrains from handing out easy money, faces up to the fact that himself and others have broken the law ,then the quicker things will settle and stabilize. bah.gif

Never never never going to happen in Thailand. Well maybe in 50 years. Corruption does not go away that easy.

It would involve the candidates running for office to really care about their constituents more than their party and be honest with them and not pay them for their votes.whistling.gif

It's apparent to most intelligent observers, if not all government ministers, that this bill is not going to help the country achieve reconciliation.

How did you manage to include those two totally disparate groups in one sentence?

• Like 1

-mel.

Yes but he may not be around after January 1.

The Finance minister would watch the Thai economy go down for the count and still maintance his bosses ideas are best.

I have not heard a single orginal proponet of this bill, say anything as to withdrawing , cancelling, burning the bill, etc which is the target of this public uproar. Yes they have said we will not present the other 5 or 6 which they had behind the scene, nor has Chalerm, who professes to have 2 which he has cobbled together, offered to shred his.

Why ask for apologies which would be as meaningless as all the other promises/assurances this bunch has spouted? Tell them to do the job they swore to do when they took office. I do not remember a pardon for Thaksin nor anyone else, being a part of any civil servents job description.

-mel.

"If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,...."

Rudyard Kipling

Yes but he may not be around after January 1.Chalerm is getting better, I hear. wink.pngcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif Spare me I can only take so much humor in one day.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pncheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifAfter they apologize they can then vote for a new leader who is interested in the welfare of Thailand clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif Not going to happensad.png

-mel.

Rudyard Kipling

TAT's resident spokesperson has announced that the loss of Chalerm's head will not have a negative effect on the Labour Ministry. Indeed they expect to see at least a ten per cent increase in his performance in 2014.

• Like 1

It's apparent to most intelligent observers, if not all government ministers, that this bill is not going to help the country achieve reconciliation.

Reconciliation was never the goal. PT members don't even know what 'reconciliation' means, unless they define it as; 'causing rifts and divisions among groups of people.'

The revised bill had one prime objective: to absolve T and get 46 billions with % given to him. All else was window dressing.

Everyone knew the bill would be more palatable if it had a line added which read; "none of the provisions in this bill shall apply to Thaksin Shinawatre" But obviously, that sentence couldn't be added, because then the bill would have no merit from a PT perspective.

Indeed it would be a series of apologies for all the misdemeanors

Apologies from this government would certainly be a series of stunning cunning stunts.whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

Chalerm is getting better, I hear

-mel.

Rudyard Kipling

To rather bastardise the Quotation (from "If" by Rudyard Kipling, and with apologies) :

"If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs

You probably don't understand the situation"

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone
  • Like 2