Define 'Thainess'

DekDaeng

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Believe that definition is more about American-ess, use your imagination to know what I mean, Whatever Thainess may mean it is a term used by those that reject it and will never consider submitting to it.

I have no desire to be Gay, but should I post about that, simply because I do not identify in any way with it, I think not!

Cheers:

w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

EDIT: d@mn smiley check!

Edited by HeijoshinCool

It's used when conceding to apologists, here on TV.

As in, Yes, your royal Thainess.

Other than that, it is meaningless, as would be Americaness, or Germaness.

is that anything like Lochness.....whistling.gif

I Believe that definition is more about American-ess, use your imagination to know what I mean, Whatever Thainess may mean it is a term used by those that reject it and will never consider submitting to it.

I have no desire to be Gay, but should I post about that, simply because I do not identify in any way with it, I think not!

Cheers:

An attempt at satire. Who knew? coffee1.gif

So lemme get this straight -- are you saying PM Yingluck in using THAINESS is rejecting it?

Welly intelesting, Senol. (sic x3)

Also as we're on the topic, to SUBMIT to this Thainess, what specifically does that entail? Details please!

There may be a book in this for someone:

Thainess for Dummies?

EZ Submitting to Thainess?

BANGKOK, 10 July 2013 Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has told Thai students studying overseas to help promote and propagate “Thainess” to the world, while expressing her concerns over the well-being of Thais living abroad.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pm-wants-thais-living-overseas-to-promote-thainess-to-the-world-28322

Edited by Jingthing

Coming together to be Thai.

Excellent 2nd post. Anxiously waiting to read more from you.

So Yingluck was telling the Thai foreign exchange students to promote and propagate foreigners to come together to be Thai? That makes no sense at all.

Edited by Jingthing

So Yingluck was telling the Thai foreign exchange students to promote and propagate foreigners to come together to be Thai? That makes no sense at all.

Oh, I meant the whole country coming together to be Thai, however, I believe this applies to Yingluck as well. The majority of Thai people have spoken, so she needs to come together to be Thai :)

• Like 1

Oh, I meant the whole country coming together to be Thai, however, I believe this applies to Yingluck as well. The majority of Thai people have spoken, so she needs to come together to be Thai smile.png

So does this include foreigners living in Thailand? I am still confused. Yingluck seemed to be encouraging foreign resident Thais to proselytize this so called Thainess to non-Thais.

Oh, I meant the whole country coming together to be Thai, however, I believe this applies to Yingluck as well. The majority of Thai people have spoken, so she needs to come together to be Thai smile.png

So does this include foreigners living in Thailand? I am still confused. Yingluck seemed to be encouraging foreign resident Thais to proselytize this so called Thainess to non-Thais.

Without knowing really about her beautyness intentions on it, it seemed more about thais living abroad not to forget about their roots. Rather emphasize it. More or less similar to most of the expats behaviour in LOS.

She uses the word: PROMOTE Thainess. That means sell and spread the way some Americans like to sell and spread so called freedom and democracy. The word PROPAGATE also clearly suggests pushing and spreading. So the PM of Thailand is on record as wanting to push and spread Thainess. Given that, asking what is Thainess may indeed be a very relevant question.

Edited by Jingthing

She uses the word: PROMOTE Thainess. That means sell and spread the way some Americans like to sell and spread so called freedom and democracy. The word PROPAGATE also clearly suggests pushing and spreading. So the PM of Thailand is on record as wanting to push and spread Thainess. Given that, asking what is Thainess may indeed be a very relevant question.

I am thinking towards this direction, as well.. JT.smile.png

I really don't get it. Because of all the Thailand for the Thais rhetoric in Thailand why would they want to push that OUTSIDE Thailand? What relevance is Thainess outside Thailand and even to non-Thais IN Thailand?

I understand pushing Thai products for export income. That's different.

Edited by Jingthing

I really don't get it. Because of all the Thailand for the Thais rhetoric in Thailand why would they want to push that OUTSIDE Thailand? What relevance is Thainess outside Thailand and even to non-Thais IN Thailand?

The relevance; You really do not know ?

No. Enlighten me. Something different than Thais coming together which clearly isn't what the PM meant. Speaking of the PM, had anyone even HEARD this concept of Thainess before that speech by the PM?

Edited by Jingthing

No. Enlighten me. Something different than Thais coming together which clearly isn't what the PM meant. Speaking of the PM, had anyone even HEARD this concept of Thainess before that speech by the PM?

Thailand, ccording to many is the centre of the world. 1 way, that is the thai way.

The centre is becoming to small, crowded. Needs expansion. Simple, isnt it !

The only Thainess in America are Thai Buddhist temples and Thai restaurants. 75% of the latter being run by Koreans, Vietnamese and Chinese.

I define it as a make believe word, which tries to tell foreigners to assimilate into the Thai society.

An interesting view on Thainess...

I think the OP meant something along these lines..

But an assimilated white foreigner, are they ever seen as Thai by most Thais? So isn't that kind of a schizoid demand?

Thailand, ccording to many is the centre of the world. 1 way, that is the thai way.

Invade Poland! (That's a joke.)

Edited by Jingthing

That's what the OP meant(after I read between his lines), not the PM.smile.png

I define it as a make believe word, which tries to tell foreigners to assimilate into the Thai society.

Any immigrant in western countries need to integrate in respective societies. Following laws, adapring to culture etc. They will as well never be seen as f.e british, dutch, german etc. By law they are treated similar though as any native. Yingluck has expats best interest in mind ! Really.

But an assimilated white foreigner, are they ever seen as Thai by most Thais? So isn't that kind of a schizoid demand?

Any immigrant in western countries need to integrate in respective societies. Following laws, adapring to culture etc. They will as well never be seen as f.e british, dutch, german etc. By law they are treated similar though as any native. Yingluck has expats best interest in mind ! Really.

Which personality said that?..blink.pngwhistling.gif