Define 'Thainess'

DekDaeng

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run out of anti Thai stuff so you have to substitute anti Italian jokes for the anti Thai jokes? There is a treasure trove out there on the internet. Google tasteless ethnic jokes for fifth graders.

Run out of anti Thai stuff so you have to substitute anti Italian jokes for the anti Thai jokes? There is a treasure trove out there on the internet. Google tasteless ethnic jokes for fifth graders.

I like and admire many things about Thais and Thailand.

One of the things I admire most is their lack of political correctness. Another is their sense of humour.

I like and admire many things about Thais and Thailand.

One of the things I admire most is their lack of political correctness. Another is their sense of humour.

I agree with you however their lack of political correctness and sense of humor does not extend to the "country of Thailand." You can make jokes about a Thai but not about the country of Thailand as you did above.

PM Yinglick, knows what Thai-ness is she did not need a definition, the OP requested one! My reference was to the OP request and one poster's definition! that stated in part RE:

"and part of the understanding Thainess is knowing foreigners, especial white ones, will NEVER be Thai. Assimilation would imply a WELCOME to become Thai, I feel the opposite here mostly".... (Note, personally, I am not complaining about that. I have no desire to be a Thai)""

"Fairyly interesting, youall".

My reply was simply, that definition is more about American-ness than Thainess!

If you have (as you stated) the book Thainess for Dummies? That book should address all your concerns about Thainess, or did you not comprehend its explanation!

Cheers:

No, obviously I was suggesting that someone might WRITE a book titled Thainess For Dummies or similar.

Anyway, the topic is Thainess not Americanism.

Cheers.

Since you mentioned it, you must believe it.

How would you define 'Americanism' ?

No, obviously I was suggesting that someone might WRITE a book titled Thainess For Dummies or similar.

Cheers.

its been done for us: If we have to use force, it is because we are America. We are the indispensable nation. We stand tall. We see further into the future.

Madeleine Albright

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/madeleinea144932.html#6IvmodLmrcE8x7vl.99

• Like 1

Cheers.

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Anyway, I'll try to relate it to THAINESS, the actual subject.

Sure, Americanism exists as a concept. That is real. It is definable. That doesn't mean each and every American represents or endorses that concept. Get the difference?

Back to Thainess. If Americanism is definable, and I think it is, ipso facto Thainess is also definable.

SO ... what is the definition of Thainess?

Short of waiting for someone to write the Thainess For Dummies book, well, there is this thread.

Edited by Jingthing

Cheers.

Sure, Americanism exists as a concept. That is real. It is definable. That doesn't mean each and every American represents or endorses that concept. Get the difference?

Back to Thainess. If Americanism is definable, and I think it is, ipso facto Thainess is also definable.

Short of waiting for someone to write the Thainess For Dummies book, well, there is this thread.

So, what is your definition of Thainess? It seemed you are not satisfied with the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cheers.

So, what is your definition of Thainess? It seemed you are not satisfied with the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I'd say my definition is it!!

A politically motivated ideal designed to curb innovation and independence among the serfs; while simultaneously creating a highly plastic excuse for all manor of misbehavior and miscommunication. It has the appearance of patriotism, but lacks the pursuit for liberty and justice for all. Built from the ground up on classism.

• Like 2

A politically motivated ideal designed to curb innovation and independence among the serfs; while simultaneously creating a highly plastic excuse for all manor of misbehavior and miscommunication. It has the appearance of patriotism, but lacks the pursuit for liberty and justice for all. Built from the ground up on classism.

That's a good start mate.

Can you expand on that and make it into a book format?

Offering an advance of 7-11 bonus stickers!

Somehow I doubt anyone is actually going to want to drink my "Thainess cocktail" so a book could be just the thing.

Edited by Jingthing

CIA psyops probably created it.