What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

I am riding a Motorcycle and if I make a ride throu the contry I see a lot left and ride and I can talk with other over this beautyfull Country.

some here are riding a combat machine and they see only the Asphalt on the road, never more.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about fun, win or lose Posted Image . Your Jap hairdryers will be history weeeeeeeeeeell before a Harley. Don't knock fellow fun guys. Posted Image

Harley Davidson's are history already. That's what happens when you use the same basic engine from the 30's

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

It's about fun, win or lose smile.png . Your Jap hairdryers will be history weeeeeeeeeeell before a Harley. Don't knock fellow fun guys. smile.png

Harley Davidson's are history already. That's what happens when you use the same basic engine from the 30's

What are you talking about 30 years?...try almost 100 years. I have to say I do like pushrods though.

• Like 1

It's about fun, win or lose smile.png . Your Jap hairdryers will be history weeeeeeeeeeell before a Harley. Don't knock fellow fun guys. smile.png

What are you talking about 30 years?...try almost 100 years. I have to say I do like pushrods though.

May I add that some of the quickest piston machines on the planet use push rods...................smile.png

It's about fun, win or lose Posted Image . Your Jap hairdryers will be history weeeeeeeeeeell before a Harley. Don't knock fellow fun guys. Posted Image

Wow. Your reading comprehension is poor.

30's as in 1930's

May I add that some of the quickest piston machines on the planet use push rods...................Posted Image

Example :D

I think they make history.

• Like 1

I think they make history.

I must say, a brilliant post. thumbsup.gif Well done that man..............smile.png

Whats a Hardley ?

Whats a Hardley ?

A Hardly Movableson !

Keep up, Trany : )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They're kinda like dogs. They love coming home in the back of a truck biggrin.png

On accession my Pontiac did, but I can tell you that the reason for it put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

I ride with a bunch of Harley guys, all Thai, and they are fantastic and extremely polite to everyone. I and two others road kawasaki 650's and they were happy to have us along. But these guys a bit more mature.

As for the pushrod debate, though I have always been more of a Ford fan. GM has always had a winner with the LSX, it's the engine mustang owners, especially the 4.6 guys, secretly wished they got. More power, better response to mods AND better MPG? Stuff sticks around for years and decades because it WORKS.

• Like 2

30's as in 1930's

Dyslexia rules KO! Sorry about that old chap,Vodka and orange do mix well though......you are still wrong though 100 years is closer.

post-103189-0-37058600-1384607615_thumb.

30's as in 1930's

Dyslexia rules KO! Sorry about that old chap,Vodka and orange do mix well though......you are still wrong though 100 years is closer.

Harley-Davidson_1000_cc_HT_1916.jpg

Nope. According to wiki. The current Harley engines ( not the new.new ones) come from a variant from the 30's but let's not quibble. 1900 or 1930 is still old tractor technology :D

As said a piece of history (not necessarily good history :):P)

Nope. According to wiki. The current Harley engines ( not the new.new ones) come from a variant from the 30's but let's not quibble. 1900 or 1930 is still old tractor technology biggrin.png

As said a piece of history (not necessarily good history smile.pngtongue.png)

Harley is desperately trying to change peoples mind of how a HD should be with the V-Rod but not very successfully so far.

The V-twins leaving the factory are starved of air/fuel in order to pass emissions controls and the first thing the buyer do is changing air filter and exhaust and the FI module and you have perhaps 20% more power.

It will not be long until the V-Twin as we know it from HD is dead, they are simply obsolete and can't be improved much more in current specs. The touring models now leaving the factory have 104" as standard (my ex Road King 2002 was 88") but still road testers wish they have more power especially when overtaking at highway speed.

I don't understand why they don't make a water cooled V-Twin as Ducati is doing now.

Harley simply have to change their customers mindset of how a HD should be or they will be history in max 10- 20 years time.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Are you sitting down Al? Cos I have some news for you!

Harley came out with a completely new engine about 11 years ago.....the V-rod!

But wait, there's more.

Harley have built a factory in...........India! Where they will assemble all new 500 and 750 models yet to be released. All new but still V twins!

Something doesn't ring true though.

Indian motorcycles are made in America by a company that started of making snow mobiles.

The new small Harley Davidsons are made in India by a company that started of making bicycles.

Shouldn't the Indian motorcycles be made in India? Like, the same sweat shops that make cheap parts for Harley would do the same for Indian.

That would have left Harley free to build a new factory in Thailand. Allowing all of us to finally buy a Harley at a price similar to a Japanese brand bike. thumbsup.gif

But wait, there's more.

Harley have built a factory in...........India! Where they will assemble all new 500 and 750 models yet to be released. All new but still V twins!

Indian motorcycles are made in America by a company that started of making snow mobiles.

The new small Harley Davidsons are made in India by a company that started of making bicycles.

Shouldn't the Indian motorcycles be made in India? Like, the same sweat shops that make cheap parts for Harley would do the same for Indian.

That would have left Harley free to build a new factory in Thailand. Allowing all of us to finally buy a Harley at a price similar to a Japanese brand bike. thumbsup.gif

I do like the new Indian's and their new powerplants. I've read some interesting reports on the engine design. :)

But wait, there's more.

If Harley's are ever cheap they will cease to be cool in Thailand.

The argument about old technology 'still working' is a strange one. My old Nokia from 1999 still works but compared to my iPhone it's a dinosaur.

Harley's are a classic case of form over function. That's fine, I have some cool retro stuff in my condo as well and I'm considering a SR400. I wish the riders would drop the attitude though. My Thai GF always liked to give a big smile and wave/V sign to other big bikes on trips but she gave up in the end with the Harley groups. "Why they so grumpy?" always brought a big smile to my face.

• Like 1

TV members,

Yes they are loud, yes they are expensive and yes they are shiney (watch out for the pikies) but they are a blast to ride around town. My collection from around the globe is 2001 heritage softail, 2005 GSXR 1000 w/ a sneaky pete nitrous kit hidden under the seat, 2008 Fab bob FXDF pictured below.

post-136507-0-33881900-1384706299_thumb.

post-136507-0-49760100-1384706317_thumb.

post-136507-0-15517800-1384706350_thumb.

Cheers,

Kurt

• Like 1

andbuying a HD is not cheap with 130% import tax, that is why those hoggers are pissed extra, paying so much extra doe, they are ready to destroy some stuff

harley are bringing out 500 cc & 750 in 2014 post-70166-13847326016585_thumb.jpg

I was going to post something at the 100th post, and this turned out to fit right in with my thoughts. Cruisers and crotch rockets have one thing in common; one has to get the bike that fits their body. You wouldn't go in and buy an expensive suit off the rack without tailoring, then wear it, without bad mouthing the suit and sales outlet later. Same with big bikes. A 240lb man on a Sportster will not like his bike in time.

There are 3 kinds of bikers, generally speaking, the majority riding small motorbikes around town, the crotch rocket set that likes high speed and open roads, not a lot of fun in Thai city traffic, and the cruiser crowd that can handle city traffic, if not doing the stupid stunts of crawling around stopped cars at traffic lights, rather, having the patience to wait like a car for the green lights. Cruisers tend to be more comfortable for a lot of us old guys, on trips, true travelling slower, but we see the scenery. This group I fall into.

OneVoice, who posted his thoughts earlier, is a crotch rocket pilot, and my riding buddy. He likes to race up ahead, pull over and wait for me, like Im going to get lost without him? More than once, on the side of a road, here or there, he has mentioned, ''Hey I didn't know that was here!'' My response always is, ''If you kept it under 120kph, you.d see this stuff in plain sight''. Half the fun of our rides together is the ribbing we give one another.

About Harley, no, I don't have one, I have always thought Harley Davidson is wearing blinders to a golden opportunity in this country. Honda and Yamaha discontinued their cruisers in Thailand, as possibly Kawasaki did. If Harley would open a plant here, and offer bikes with engines in the 250-400cc range, I believe they would dominate the market until Honda and Yamaha woke back up.

-thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

A Sportster or anything smaller than a Sportster does not even feel like a Harley to me. I have ridden new Sportsters and I have owned a new Low Rider. There is no comparison. You gotta have that big-block engine to really experience what a Harley is all about.

The 2014 Ultras and Limiteds have the new water-cooled V-twin big-blocks.

But the Harley haters on this thread don't care anyway.

• Like 1