Thaksin 'opposes House dissolution and Yingluck's resignation'

webfact

Too Late Mister T

You wasted a very good and kind woman- your sister- for your own selfishness.

It's not all about you a...hole!

I pray that the real reds tear down your ugly pictures-

Welcome to the history of Revolutions-

You failed the first test of a true revolutionary:

"I am the leader - therefore I must follow'. (Lamarque)

And you didn't follow.

You wasted a very good and kind woman- your sister. Can you explain how you might have arrived at that idea or opinion.

'good and kind' that's an oxymoron. A Shinawatra (any Shinawatra) cannot be so described. coffee1.gif

Maybe not, but really liked the Lamarque quote smile.png

Edited by jpeg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too Late Mister T

And you didn't follow.

Who could he follow? He is the self-proclaimed master of Thailand (from Dubai) - it is sad I suppose that Yingluck's character has been so destroyed, but to be fair, she was all for it and let herself be used for Thaksin's selfish means and with his determination not to be beaten as he (didn't know) how to lose or spell the word either, apparently.

Let this be a lesson to her - if you follow a fool then you become a fool and she has just discovered what it feels like!!

If the floods drove her to tears then she must be suicidal now.

• Like 1

Too Late Mister T

And you didn't follow.

You wasted a very good and kind woman- your sister. Can you explain how you might have arrived at that idea or opinion.

'good and kind' that's an oxymoron. A Shinawatra (any Shinawatra) cannot be so described. coffee1.gif

As much as many of us dislike or don't trust Thaksin, your attempt at painting all members of his family with the same brush is rather pathetic.

• Like 1

Too Late Mister T

And you didn't follow.

Who could he follow? He is the self-proclaimed master of Thailand (from Dubai) - it is sad I suppose that Yingluck's character has been so destroyed, but to be fair, she was all for it and let herself be used for Thaksin's selfish means and with his determination not to be beaten as he (didn't know) how to lose or spell the word either, apparently.

Let this be a lesson to her - if you follow a fool then you become a fool and she has just discovered what it feels like!!

If the floods drove her to tears then she must be suicidal now.

Yinglucks character destroyed?

Come on! She is from the same family, living a good live from the corruption money. Even on the very beginning there were no signs that she want to do something good for the people. I doubt there was much character to destroy......

• Like 1

English language lesson Number 1.

L O S E

Now go away, and if you would be so kind, take the trash with you.

Wow! Why so much passion and hatred for what's going on in Thai politics. We are foreigners in this country and we choose to be here. If you don't like it there are plenty of taxis to the airport and many flights departing. This does not effect us in any way. Foreigners should stay out of Thai politics period! It is none of our business, I am only concerned with the safety of me and my friends who live here. Keeping up to date on the latest news is something I am happy I can do through this web site as long as it is accurate. Thanks Thai Visa!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow, so many assumptions.

Hatred, no, spotting a cancer in society and wanting rid of it, yes.

What is your problem with that?

The actions of this clan in the vice grip of one man has affected everyone I live with and everyone I associate with and care for, and not for the best, therefore it does affect me.

I can't cast a vote, but I do have a voice, are you saying that I can't use it?

• Like 1

What we need here is some good old fashioned Communist type discipline to end this non-sense time wasting and get on with building up the country.THais are more and more revealing to the world what lazy fools they are,in many cases,especially the so-called elite, but in general the work ethic here is pitiful..I have walked into numerous shops and the staff cannot be bothered to stop their socializing with each other to attend to the customer-etc.etc.what to speak of the arrogant Imm.and Govt.officials.They have so much to learn but as all we longtime Farangs know, it is very difficult for Thais to acknowledge that they do not know everything or to admit they made a mistake.

Wow! Why so much passion and hatred for what's going on in Thai politics. We are foreigners in this country and we choose to be here. If you don't like it there are plenty of taxis to the airport and many flights departing. This does not effect us in any way. Foreigners should stay out of Thai politics period! It is none of our business, I am only concerned with the safety of me and my friends who live here.

Some of us are affected by the shenanagins of what goes on in Bkk and Dubai. I've resided in Thailand for longer than half of all Thais here today. The grave problems in Bkk affect people I care for and affect me, in the country I choose to reside in.

Your xenophobic perspective isn't very smart consulting.

• Like 2

me thinks Mr T has reached the tipping point

this is where regular Thais are sick of the nonsense and have become numb to the antics of the upper class

when he now speaks people arent listening - their thinking - not again - cant we just get on with it?

Mr T is losing all credibility now and is losing his followers as its taking to long for his return

out of sight and out of mind - but he keeps ringing the bell telling everyone theres still a free drink in it

day by day the flock are leaving as they no longer believe that it is for the good of the country

• Like 1

What we need here is some good old fashioned Communist type discipline to end this non-sense time wasting and get on with building up the country.THais are more and more revealing to the world what lazy fools they are,in many cases,especially the so-called elite, but in general the work ethic here is pitiful..I have walked into numerous shops and the staff cannot be bothered to stop their socializing with each other to attend to the customer-etc.etc.what to speak of the arrogant Imm.and Govt.officials.They have so much to learn but as all we longtime Farangs know, it is very difficult for Thais to acknowledge that they do not know everything or to admit they made a mistake.

"lazy fools especially the elite"

"the staff cannot be bothered"

so the lazy foolish elite is working in numerous shops as staff??

I must agree that sounds really foolish of the elite to work as low paid shop staff.

Thaksin 'opposes House dissolution and Yingluck's resignation'... What a shocker,

I didn't see that coming... what are we to do now?

well its well planned by the taksin's government,first of all how come the amnesty bill and the verdict from the international court happen on the same day? the amnesty bill was a decoy because taksin has sold the deal to the combodian government for the favors received.So people of thailand running behind the amnesty bill have no clue that they have lost the land to the neighbors.

Well played taksin and his puppets.

Wow! Why so much passion and hatred for what's going on in Thai politics. We are foreigners in this country and we choose to be here. If you don't like it there are plenty of taxis to the airport and many flights departing. This does not effect us in any way. Foreigners should stay out of Thai politics period! It is none of our business, I am only concerned with the safety of me and my friends who live here. Keeping up to date on the latest news is something I am happy I can do through this web site as long as it is accurate. Thanks Thai Visa!

Would you refuse to intervene in a rape because you are not a policeman?

Many of us have families and businesses, and pay taxes, here, and it very much concerns us and our families futures. We are not free to leave on whim even though we will never be citizens because of xenophobic laws. But we can express our views and share out knowledge both here and with Thai friends and family in a hope of improvement.

When did I ever say one could not express their opinion. I was referring to the extreme passion of hate some foreigners express towards a man they have never met or had any real connection to. Yes some of you have lived here for a long time but your passion and hatred for this man and his political affiliations is outstanding. I work in a Thai only office at a Thai Army base and the Thais here do not discuss Thaksin and such a hatred for him like the foreigners do on this site.

Just like I read yesterday on this forum. Foreigners have been seen protesting with great enthusiasm at the front of the group. Thai officials had stated that foreigners who get involved with the protests would possibly be arrested and deported. Hogwash about Thaksin effecting the foreigners here!!!

Edited by smartconsulting

why would he want to give up the power he gets from controlling the puppet.the puppet master wants to stay in control as long as possible.he knows he is losing if a new election happens

people seem to forget that PTP got less than 50% of votes cast at the last election. Its present fall in popularity could just swing the vote in favour of the democrats who could form another coalition. Taksin knows this so he does not want parliament disolved.

L O S E

Agreed, if you are a guest keep your nose out of politics. However I do find it very refreshing to be in a country where the citizens can demonstrate, especially as the US and UK are going to extremes to stop any form of dissent; go Thailand Land of Smiles.

Many of us have families and businesses, and pay taxes, here, and it very much concerns us and our families futures. We are not free to leave on whim even though we will never be citizens because of xenophobic laws. But we can express our views and share out knowledge both here and with Thai friends and family in a hope of improvement.

When did I ever say one could not express their opinion. I was referring to the extreme passion of hate some foreigners express towards a man they have never met or had any real connection to. Yes some of you have lived here for a long time but your passion and hatred for this man and his political affiliations is outstanding. I work in a Thai only office at a Thai Army base and the Thais here do not discuss Thaksin and such a hatred for him like the foreigners do on this site.

Just like I read yesterday on this forum. Foreigners have been seen protesting with great enthusiasm at the front of the group. Thai officials had stated that foreigners who get involved with the protests would possibly be arrested and deported. Hogwash about Thaksin effecting the foreigners here!!!

Most Thais are not too concerned with corruption like foreigners are. That the reason!

In the outside world, very few people discuss anything with as much hatred as the people do on this site.

L O S E

"This does not effect us in any way." <deleted>??

Where i work has been closed for the past week due to the protests so loss of earning would be an effect on me putting dinner on my families table, would it not?

I wouldn't bother getting involved in politics here because to the most part it's delusional. But this is a democracy and plenty of farang support that democracy by paying tax. If we all left Thailand tomorrow the loss of revenue would hurt the countries finances significantly.

"Smartconsulting" needs to look at the bigger picture. Consulting on something other than Thailand's politics i suggest.

L O S E

People are only allowed to have an opinion on a country's politics unless they are a citizen of that country? As a non-American I certainly had one about George W Bush. As a non-Burmese I think it is not unreasonable for me to dislike the Burmese generals. As a non-South African I certainly had an opinion about apartheid. So, if I think Thaksin is a self-serving, corrupt, megalomaniac who ruined politics in a country I happen to spend a lot of time in, I think I have a right to hold an opinion.

With all due respect, your comment is ridiculous.

with no respect at all for scumbags and A#@@$OLES like those who use then go home line +1 sorry i have more respect for A@#$#holes since they form a useful purpose in clearing type of muck often spouted here And with as much passion and love for my Thai family and despair at what one evil megalomanic is doing to this country I will continue to try to at least show some of truth to all; those brainwashed followers of the kind caring leader

• Like 1

"Foreigners should stay out of Thai politics period!" rather restricts one, I would have thought.

It is against military law for enlisted personnel to be involved with politics. After you've been here a few years, perhaps get to know some non-military types, learn a little recent history, you might feel free to have a forceful opinion other than "I can always leave."

• Like 2

POLITICS

Thaksin 'opposes House dissolution and Yingluck's resignation'

The Nation

Posted Image

Thousands of people opposing the controversial amnesty bill gather at Democracy Monument yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- Despite the mounting pressure against his sister's embattled government, ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday instructed the ruling Pheu Thai Party to cling on to power in the hope the opposition-led rally against the amnesty bill would die down soon, a Pheu Thai source said yesterday.

Thaksin, who is believed to be pulling strings behind the ruling party, disagreed with an idea for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to dissolve the House of Representatives, according to the source.

He believed the anti-amnesty protest, now centring around the Democracy Monument, would fizzle soon after "the funds run out" and the Senate rejects the government-backed amnesty bill. He wanted Pheu Thai MPs to help retain the government's status quo, the source said.

Ruling politicians presented a number of possible solutions to Thaksin, including House dissolution and the PM's resignation, but the ex-leader disagreed with those proposals, according to the source.

In a bid to further pressure the government, nine MPs from the opposition Democrat Party yesterday announced their plans to resign, at the protest site at the Democracy Monument.

Suthep Thaugsuban and eight other Democrat MPs would resign their seats to be able to turn their full attention to leading the protest against the government, a party source said. Among the MPs who would resign are Thavorn Senneam, Satit Wongnongtaey, Witthaya Kaewparadai, Issara Somchai, and Chumpol Jullasai.

The party source said Suthep decided during a party discussion yesterday to resign so he could lead the protest without worrying that his role would lead to legal action against the party and to its dissolution.

Initially, the party had resolved to allow Democrat MPs to resign of their own volition. However, with the party worried about the by-elections coming up in 45 days, it decided only a few could resign. Many more Democrat MPs would resign if the government remains adamant, the Democrat source said.

Stocks take a hit

The political situation negatively affected the stocks and the baht yesterday.

The baht fell to a 7-week low at 31.62 per US dollar, weakening by 0.70 from Friday's closing. The SET index closed at 1,405.91 points.

Traffic congestion in many areas of Bangkok worsened yesterday as anti-amnesty protesters gathered at four locations in inner city areas - Silom, Asoke, Ari and Saphan Kwai - before marching to Democracy Monument, where the main protest site was located.

Many business firms cancelled events scheduled for yesterday and later this week, citing severe traffic congestion in the city and the political situation. They included Charoen Pokphand Foods, Kasikorn Bank, and Seacon Group.

The Government Housing Bank announced the closure of its two branches near Ratchadamnoen Road from yesterday until tomorrow.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce planned an urgent press conference today about its concern over possible negative impacts on the country's economy from the ongoing political situation.

Meanwhile, the Council of University Presidents of Thailand yesterday offered to mediate in the conflict between the government and its opponents.

The council of rectors held a meeting at Chulalongkorn University and came up with a resolution to offer to mediate the conflicts between the two sides. The meeting was attended by the rectors of 26 universities. The council has 27 member universities.

Thammasat University rector Prof Somkid Lertpaitoon, who serves as the council's president, said the current political landscape was changing very fast and could lead to violence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-12

As for this story from the Nation. What is the source? I don't believe it nor do I care if Yingluck stays in power or not!