Tow bar and trailer for a Honda brio?

mattk1

Hi guys,

My wife's Honda Brio is a great little city car but there have been one or two occasions when we have needed to move stuff that it's just too small.

I noticed yesterday that there appears to be under the bumper a bracket to attach a tow ball. I know these are a standard size having fitted many towbars over the years however I've not seen many trailers here.

This is probably due to the fact that most people have pickups but for someone like me who only very occasionally needs the extra space, a small covered trailer would be ideal.

Anybody done a similar thing with their car?

Cheers

Trailers are very expensive.. to be legal they have to registered and plated... you are looking at 30,000b upwards.. and about 6-10k for the tow bar (if you can find one)

Maybe look at a roof rack... thry go for about 10-20k

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply thaicbr, most helpful.

I had no idea they were that expensive, that explains why you don't see them often.

As for the roof rack, great idea which I hadn't considered. The only thing is having just checked on the Brio, is that there are no rack mounts to secure it too. The Brio is a cheap and cheerful car so they must have omitted that idea for cost cutting.

Unless there are roof boxes that attach in a different way?

Had a quick scan of a few aftermarket vendor sites, and nothing even remotely close to a trailer hitch for a Brio found I'm afraid.

That said trailers here aren't that cheap - by the time you find/commission a suitable trailer, get it registered, find or fabricate a hitch, and then get all the wiring installed, you'll probably look at prices for renting a pickup by the day and think they're pretty cheap by comparison.. :)

• Like 1