Breaking news to a friend that they are being lied to?

kblaze

Stay out of it.....often enough at the end both are angry with you....

Agree. You rat her and her Thai boyfriend out, you'll be the one getting hurt. Not the old foreigner...

Stay out of scam where big money is involved and they don't involve you.

If it was you,wouldn't you want to be told,or get screw out of everything,and be broke in a foreign country.With freinds like you...

"A favor will kill you faster than a bullet"

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy:

If the person is your friend, then you wouldn't even ask the question whether to tell him or not, you would just find a way to tell him without getting into the crossfire.

If you decide to not tell him, the guy is not your friend.

There was an episode on the American TV show Seinfeld, which discussed something similar. In short, the theme was that you would never say anything negative about a girl that a friend is currently dating. But once they break-up, it's fair game. The problem came when the friend breaks-up, you tell him "good-riddance, she was a lying b*tch anyways," and your friend gets back with the girl. So now, there's always going to be this uneasiness when you guys all get together. Especially if he tells her what you said (which is what a lot of "whipped" guys tend to do).

Moral of the story is your friend is an adult, let him figure it out.

What kind of "friend"would you be,and getting your morals from American sit com,dear me.

if he is just a colleague stay out of it.if he is a very very close friend you have to find a way to let him know.

he's a colleague and I would say a friend, but not "very very" close. We sit next to each other every day and eat lunch together 3/5 days and thus we have gotten to know each other very well the past couple years....

but Im putting myself in his shoes and imagining if I was a 60 yr old Brit who had been in TH for 30 years, would I appreciate an American half my age letting me know that im being duped? It would be hard to swallow especially as "my gfs resort" has become a point of pride for him. Im staying quiet..but its hard.

Right. if you hit him with the bad news, be prepared to have him come back at you negatively. My humble suggestion: If you are working with him, not an associate easily avoided, 100% stay the hell out of it. Bottom line: A guy here 30 years gets run-through this sort of typical scam? ...

And you would just stand back and watch a mate get ripped.Some blokes are just naive and need help.

Then the cuckold is doubly stupid. He deserves what he gets, and those that tell the truth are right. I have no sympathy for those that refuse to believe the truth, and that would include me. I don't shoot the messenger, never have, never will. The truth may not set you free, but without it you cannot be free.

Best post so far SS

There was an episode on the American TV show Seinfeld, which discussed something similar. In short, the theme was that you would never say anything negative about a girl that a friend is currently dating. But once they break-up, it's fair game. The problem came when the friend breaks-up, you tell him "good-riddance, she was a lying b*tch anyways," and your friend gets back with the girl. So now, there's always going to be this uneasiness when you guys all get together. Especially if he tells her what you said (which is what a lot of "whipped" guys tend to do).

Moral of the story is your friend is an adult, let him figure it out.

What kind of "friend"would you be,and getting your morals from American sit com,dear me.

Geez, are you some kind of knob? This has nothing to do with "getting my morals from a sitcom." It was just an example that if something like this could be the theme of a popular TV show, then it's something that happens all the time.

By the way, what kind of "friend" are you? The kind that knows-it-all and likes to meddle in his "friends" personal affairs? I know your kind, but wouldn't consider them my friends...thankfully.

• Like 1

at lunch yesterday at the first mention of my coworkers friend (the one who is unable to stay at the resort because its "full"), i half-jokingly offered to call the resort "to make sure its full", something to that effect. I said it in a light way, but I made sure it did seem like a real offer so my suspicion is obvious. Coworker smiled a little sheepishly and said "no, no, not necessary..". He wasn't upset by the offer, but he made it clear that he didn't want to go down that road. The subject changed and that was it. I'm not going to push the issue any further unless he brings the resort or his gf up again. Thanks to those who gave helpful advice, it was duly noted.

• Like 2