7-year-old deported to Thailand after losing immigration battle in Denmark

webfact

So even better for child maybe. Europe going worse and worse. And she avoided possible problems in the future, if she will decide to get thai citizenship.

Why, yes. Grow up and get educated in Beautiful Thailand with a GDP per capita of $5,400 or stay in that dilapidated Euro Trash country where the GDP per capita is $56,500.

Yep.

And the fact, that You and thousands of european and american farangs prefer to stay in Thailand - confirms my opinion.

I'm here for the paycheck. Because working in Thailand is considered a hardship posting, I get paid more than I would back home. About 40% more. Almost balances out...

That 40% differential goes away, watch how fast I can pack.

It's so sad, that your government don't care about people and you have to stay in Thailand to get some money :(

Please don't be angry for sarcazm. :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the child legally adopted by the step-father ?

Unlikely. Denmark is part of the inter-country Hague convention on adoption, the rules are here: http://www.hcch.net/upload/conventions/txt33en.pdf

Article 5

An adoption within the scope of the Convention shall take place only if the competent authorities of the
receiving State –
a) have determined that the prospective adoptive parents are eligible and suited to adopt;
B) have ensured that the prospective adoptive parents have been counselled as may be necessary; and
c) have determined that the child is or will be authorised to enter and reside permanently in that State.

The c part of that would let her stay in Denmark.

I find it difficult to believe that the young girl speaks only Danish. Usually, when a child has a parent that speaks another language fluently, they pick up that language in addition to their adopted language. My grand daughter who is only two years old, speaks English and rudimentary Spanish. Perhaps all is not as dreadful as it seems.

Especially if she spent the first half of her life in Thailand- as indicated in the article. I'm sure she had quite a Thai vocabulary at 3-1/2 years old. It's not a good situation, but methinks there is some clever spinning going on to garner sympathy.

• Like 1

So if you married a Thai woman and had a child with her and lived in Thailand and then she died, would you be allowed to stay?

It says in the article that the man who died was the child's step-father. So the child was likely 'sired' by a Thai man.

And yes, money is probably a factor in this sad scenario.

I find it difficult to believe that the young girl speaks only Danish. Usually, when a child has a parent that speaks another language fluently, they pick up that language in addition to their adopted language. My grand daughter who is only two years old, speaks English and rudimentary Spanish. Perhaps all is not as dreadful as it seems.

Especially if she spent the first half of her life in Thailand- as indicated in the article. I'm sure she had quite a Thai vocabulary at 3-1/2 years old. It's not a good situation, but methinks there is some clever spinning going on to garner sympathy.

I'd be willing to bet that her and her mother spoke Thai to each other over Danish when they were still in Denmark. I agree, it's not a good situation, but kid's are resiliant. She'll probably be fine after a bit of time to adjust.

So if you married a Thai woman and had a child with her and lived in Thailand and then she died, would you be allowed to stay?

No you cannot that visa is over if she dies, unless you can go to a Non O Retirement visa, or some other you are gone.

It's not a visa, it's the extension to the permission to stay in Thailand. The visa is the permission to enter the country. I really hope people would already stop mixing the two.

The rules for having a Thai kid as a dependent are a bit more relaxed to those of having a Thai wife, check the immigration police order an extensions of stay. So yes, you could stay, provided you can show 400k in a Thai bank account.

It would be nice if the first consideration was for the child.

Personally I disagree with the Danish government's standpoint but the Thai authorities would do exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

No they wouldn't

Are you saying if you move to Thailand with a 100% danish child, marry a thai woman, get a marriage visa, then the woman dies and then you and the child can just stay in Thailand indefinately based on your previous marriage? Do you have any rules or previous cases to back that up?

He could stay and get welfare free housing free schooling free medical also I am surprise you do not know this

I'm Danish and ashamed - obviously Denmark prefer the massive immigration from the muslim world....instead of the usually hardworking people from SE Asia

On what do you base your "hard working people from SE Asia?"

I see no mention of the mother's means to support herself and her daughter, or am I missing something? I did see a reference to the fact that they aren't on the dole, but that could change quickly if they're allowed to stay and the step-father's money runs out.

Or is this just a Muslim bashing post? If so, my apologies for getting in the way.

• Like 1

in a word, NO! but your kids could.

WRONG, you can stay as the supporting parent of a Thai child.

Right now the World feels like a very cold place to live on, sad.

Why ?

Me, as an old guy cannot take my wife back to my homeland unless I have cash. If l do not have cash to the figure they demand I must leave her behind. Life is tough sometimes.

Denmark has become a racist country. What they do here, would not be possible in Germany, France, Switzerland etc. They should take action against the Danish high court in the European court for Human Rights in Strassbourg, I am sure, they will win the case. The behavior of the Danish High Court is clearly violating the European Convention for Human Rights, signed by Denmark.

I have one step daughter and two children with my Thai wife. In Thailand if you marry a Thai woman who already has children, you become the children's father and guardian. If your wife dies you are still considered to be the parent of the child and expected to support them and entitled to stay here on the basis of looking after your Thai step child/children

Never heard of this, I have two stepdaughters. Source ?

You apply to the courts to adopt them as your own.

I'm Danish and ashamed - obviously Denmark prefer the massive immigration from the muslim world....instead of the usually hardworking people from SE Asia

I see no mention of the mother's means to support herself and her daughter, or am I missing something? I did see a reference to the fact that they aren't on the dole, but that could change quickly if they're allowed to stay and the step-father's money runs out.

Or is this just a Muslim bashing post? If so, my apologies for getting in the way.

Yes, you are missing more than something – the whole point in the Danish discussion and protest. Some of the Danish politicians are even now raising the case to parliment level.

And by the way, the family were fully self-supported...!

Yes, Thailand can be a pain...but why does Denmark....of ALL places, have to be so mean-spirited? Denmark? Wow...

sorry for that kid but rules are rules , we have the same rules in Thailand when you are foreigners ... even worse , after so many years here working you still need to renew the visa every year ...

The world can be a mean-spirited and cold place. All the more reason to be kind to one another, both in person and in the printed word. We leave a bit of us behind in everything we do and the acts of kindness do create change. I used this philosophy in my working life and still do.

Yes, you are missing more than something – the whole point in the Danish discussion and protest. Some of the Danish politicians are even now raising the case to parliment level.

Think you are forgetting the paperwork thing, same as Danish folk dealing with paper in LOS. Paperwork rules.

Feel for the child, but it's fair. Thailand laws are by far worse; If your Thai wife died while you were in Thailand, you would have to sell your house, all your possessions, and get out. And that's provided the wife's family wasn't sneaky, didn't take you in front of the corrupt police and also demand half of everything you had; using the child as a bargaining chip. Lots of those types of stories to go around.

WRONG, If you had a Thai child with your wife you can apply for a visa extension based on support of a Thai child.

No you cannot that visa is over if she dies, unless you can go to a Non O Retirement visa, or some other you are gone.

That would depend entirely on what visas / extension you were on.

I have one step daughter and two children with my Thai wife. In Thailand if you marry a Thai woman who already has children, you become the children's father and guardian. If your wife dies you are still considered to be the parent of the child and expected to support them and entitled to stay here on the basis of looking after your Thai step child/children

Not that easy when you're a farang. I know for a fact, I'm in the process of adopting my stepdaughters right now. It's the inter-country Hague system, even when you live in Thailand. I already visited the adoption center in BKK and got explained how it goes.

If you're a Thai then it is indeed a court decision, a simple thing. But if you're a Thai, you don't have to worry about immigration deporting you, so it's a moot point. The Thai legislation governing this is the Civil Code, available as a translation in internet, use Google.

Not that easy when you're a farang. I know for a fact, I'm in the process of adopting my stepdaughters right now. It's the inter-country Hague system, even when you live in Thailand. I already visited the adoption center in BKK and got explained how it goes.

If you're a Thai then it is indeed a court decision, a simple thing. But if you're a Thai, you don't have to worry about immigration deporting you, so it's a moot point. The Thai legislation governing this is the Civil Code, available as a translation in internet, use Google.

Nothing is meant to be easy in Thailand if you are a farang, but it is possible and has been done before.

Nothing is meant to be easy in Thailand if you are a farang, but it is possible and has been done before.

The rules of adoption are quite clear, they are a straight implementation of the Hague convention. Not much to do with Thailand. I was just replying to your comment on it being a matter of simply applying to the Thai courts. It's not, the adoption process starts a long time before it. BTW the people at the adoption center were quite nice and the older lady who explained the process spoke passable English. Just info in case some one got interested, contact them: http://www.adoption.dsdw.go.th/

The same process, with the addition of a Danish certified authority, usually an orphanage or some such, would have been what the Danish stepfather here in the matter would have had to go through with. I doubt that he did, as I already earlier mentioned one of the requirements of the adoption is that the adopted may stay permanently in the country.

Edited by DrTuner

Sorry I missed the fully self supporting thing. I still see no mention that she was gainfully employed, or at what occupation.

Sorry I missed the fully self supporting thing. I still see no mention that she was gainfully employed, or at what occupation.

From the previous topic on this matter, it was stated mother was training to be a teacher. Nearly exactly the same commentary, questions & observations as this topic at:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675210-thai-danish-7-year-old-to-be-deported-from-denmark/

Edited by simple1