Can you buy EverClear 190% proof here in Chiang Mai

chiangmaicondo

I was just thinking about some of the wild parties we used to have using Everclear.

We would make a punch and fill the bowl with fruits. The alcohol would soak into the fruit and make

for some really good times.

Anybody know where I can get some here in CM?

Everclear® alcohol
Everclear is a pure grain alcohol. The brand, produced by David Sherman Corporation, comes in two strength bands, both 95% (190 proof), and 75.5% (151 proof) bottles. Although, the 95% is undeniably the most popular and most available type.

And it's for good reason too. Everclear is incredibly potent and should be used strictly and responsibly. Don't drink it straight!

High quality lao khao may be the closest you will find. And yes, like good moonshine anywhere, there is high quality lao khao here.

Good Lao Khao will put EverClear to shame.

Where would one obtain such high quality Lao khao. I'm in khon kaen if you might have any idea

Thanks

High quality lao khao may be the closest you will find. And yes, like good moonshine anywhere, there is high quality lao khao here.

Where would one obtain such high quality Lao khao. I'm in khon kaen if you might have any idea

Thanks

All the locals (Thais)will know.

Thanks

All the locals (Thais)will know.[/quote

Been here 10+ years only saw it one time in the south. Around here it seems everyone just buys the generic blue labeled rot gut

• Like 1

Thanks

All the locals (Thais)will know.[/quote

Been here 10+ years only saw it one time in the south. Around here it seemsome everyone just buys the generic blue labeled rot gut

Have never seen Everclear for sell in Thailand. That does not mean it is not available somewhere. As for the blue lable rot gut I agree its rot gut but its not lao khao. Its called 40 degrees by the Thais.

Neutral-grain-spiri_LAU-SII-SIP_40_degre

Yes but quality means low content of unwanted distillates, charcoal filtering and other methods to improve the taste. The OP is looking for something with much less water content. One could build a small still and re-distill some vodka a few times to increase the concentration without any danger of unwanted distillates.

I have bought "absinthe" from Rimping. It is not the real thing, which has thujone. And the stuff I bought didn't even deliver much of anything but heartburn. 80 proof, maybe, maximum. A rip off and a disappointment. If you've had the real thing, nothing compares.

Real Absinthe was originated in Switzerland as I recall and is only made in a handful of countries now, most notably the Czech Republic. There is a famous cafe in Prague which has been there forever called Cafe Slavia where many notable 'thinkers' used to hang out during the late 1800's through the 1900's and consume Absinthe and write/compose some of their best work. At the airport in Prague at the duty-free there is a very long list of countries which Absinthe is illegal and they examine your ticket to see where you are going before you can buy one bottle. It is very popular with tourists but now they limit how much can be sold (I think it is 2 drinks per person) at bars. Many tourists complained that they had memory lapse from the night before, lost their wallets, keys, money, etc. and many ended up in the E.R. paranoid, hallucinating, etc.