PM Yingluck orders THAI to explain reported strike

webfact

The majority shareholder of THAI(Thai government) has the right to ask why the management is allowing employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join the protests.

I think that's called Democracy and freedom of choice. Orders? Are you kidding me?

Order the management to explain it, is OK.....the old management was already replaced with Thaksins cronies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority shareholder of THAI(Thai government) has the right to ask why the management is allowing employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join the protests.

I think the answer is easy....because the employees hate the government.

I simply cannot believe you run/own/manage a business, your naivety is simply astonishing.

What is naieve about his answer ? He speculates that many employees, in his opinion, hate the current regime. Do you have anything to suggest otherwise ?

Yingluck's response is typical - "how dare anyone protest against us" ? PTP have only themselves to blame for the reactions they are now seeing from many Thai people.

• Like 1

Since when is not showing up for work " civil disobedience" ?

When you are reacting in response to a stupid ex dem opposition party deputy PM calling for people to go on strike as part of a campaign of civil disobediance?

How come you were confused by that situation?

Seems fairly obvious to me.

Ah, so paying people 500 baht a day to riot, loot, burn and possibly murder, as part of an insurgency is o.k. ?

Your answers are always so one sided. If it supports the criminal fugitive it's o.k. If it's against him then must be bad.

So reminiscent of the political justifications that so often come out of dictatorships. One law for everybody, but not us.

You are being ironic. Pot, kettle etc Hyperbole (Check) opinions (check)

I simply cannot believe you run/own/manage a business, your naivety is simply astonishing.

If you never heard about it: strikes are very common worldwide. For higher salaries, for less working hours, for higher safety standards, against government policies, or against the government.

Here you can learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_strike

It is pretty common:

2002: Italian General Strike

2002–2003: Venezuelan General Strike

2005: Bolivian Gas Conflict

2006: April 2006 Nepalese General Strike

2007: Guinea General Strike

2009: French Caribbean General Strikes

2010: Spanish General Strike

2012: Spanish General Strike the 29th of March

2012: The 14th of Novembre took part a European General Strike in countries as Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus ...

2013: Slovenian Public Sector General Strike

I think that's called Democracy and freedom of choice. Orders? Are you kidding me?

Order the management to explain it, is OK.....the old management was already replaced with Thaksins cronies.

Really? I didn't know that. Got a link or something that I can follow up on?

If you never heard about it: strikes are very common worldwide. For higher salaries, for less working hours, for higher safety standards, against government policies, or against the government.

It is pretty common:

2012: The 14th of Novembre took part a European General Strike in countries as Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus ...

I would say to be classified a general strike you need substantially more than 0.05% of the population to join, and i am being generous with that figure.

• Like 1

It is pretty common:

Yeh, but, missy doesn't like it as it makes her government look like they have been misbehaving themselves!!!

"PM orders THAI to explain reported strike"

Perhaps Thai Airways should ask the PM to explain her governments policies.

Shouldn't take long ...... they only have one.

1) absolve Thaksin of all crimes

2) absolve all PTP and Red shirt leaders of any alleged wrongdoing

3) Get that 2 trillion baht bill through

4) extension of the Rice scam for another year

5) go shopping

• Like 1

Really? I didn't know that. Got a link or something that I can follow up on?

Since the PAD time, many changes in the management. Also the labor union complained that there are so many political changes in the management, and every former manager can fly business class for free, that often half the business class is full with former manager.

A begin:

Management issues

Political interference, corruption and abuse of authority have been persistent issues in THAI's management.[16] Speaking at the World Economic Forum on East Asia, former president Piyasvasti Amranand, who had been abruptly dismissed in May 2012, cited THAI's procurement of A340-500s (three of which had since been grounded) as examples of mismanagement influenced by corruption and political meddling, and resulting in losses to the company's operations.[17]

from Wikipedia.

Over the years there were a lot article in the newspapers. Also complains about NOK air, as they act independent.

If I recall right, the other sister of Thaksin is the biggest supplier for the airports and Thaksin is somehow close to AirAsia (can't remember daughter or gardener???)

In the past were also complains, that airplanes were ordered that the airline doesn't need (standard kickback on airplanes is 5-7%).

• Like 2

When you are reacting in response to a stupid ex dem opposition party deputy PM calling for people to go on strike as part of a campaign of civil disobediance?

Ah, so paying people 500 baht a day to riot, loot, burn and possibly murder, as part of an insurgency is o.k. ?

Your answers are always so one sided. If it supports the criminal fugitive it's o.k. If it's against him then must be bad.

So reminiscent of the political justifications that so often come out of dictatorships. One law for everybody, but not us.

You are being ironic. Pot, kettle etc Hyperbole (Check) opinions (check)

Not really. Just illustrating the one dimensional aspect often adopted by the PTP supporters when posting. Attack and insult any opposition rather than actually defend the actions and comments controlled from overseas.

Look through a large selection of past posts. You will see this theme over and over again from certain posters.

• Like 1

I imagine Abhisit can sympathise with Yingluck when what are effectively government employees decide to ignore the government's wishes.

The same thing happened to him when the police downed tools in 2010.

Naughty but nice!!!

Cutting but true!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

o.k ! blink.png

o.k ! blink.png

Hold your head in shame!!

Surely you realised that calling for people to skip work for a day or two to let the government know that you are a tad upset that this government has spent over 2 years trying to think of a way to get a fugitive back with impunity whilst ignoring the plight of the people as that is trivial in comparison to that contained in their true (underhand) agenda.

After all. the de facto leader of the PTP only incited his subjects to burn down the capital because he doesn't know how to spell the word LOSE when that is precisely what the red shirts did......lose, and he couldn't stomach it!!

Very accurate statements there about his troll posts that stand behind communism under one swindler. It appears he does it just to heckle us.

• Like 1

And here was I thinking that if you don't like the government of the day then you exercise your Democratic right to VOTE THEM OUT...

But the so called "Democratic party",,, are going around encouraging people to engage in illegal strikes, don't pay your taxes, blowing whistle's at politician's on his lunch break then claim that it "normal citizen's" then get caught in that lie, your yellow shirt supporter mate's want and publicly say that he thinks Thailand should have no government for a few year's and he n his mates will run the country and you can all trust me, I'm a politician, I'm a good guy really really I am,

ya wanna buy a used car???

makes me wanna sick.gif

Strikes aren't illegal. Not paying your taxes is illegal, but then in Thailand, who does? Blowing whistles? Well that's just childish. Now, I don't agree with the whole appointed government nonsense either, but reality is, it isn't likely to happen, so lets see if Yingluck and her crew know how to survive this one.

Very accurate statements there about his troll posts that stand behind communism under one swindler. It appears he does it just to heckle us.

Hecklers are invariably put down by the comedian and suffer the consequences of receiving great mirth from the audience, making them look so small that they shy into the background with their faces a bright red colour!!

Spot the connection?

• Like 2

And here was I thinking that if you don't like the government of the day then you exercise your Democratic right to VOTE THEM OUT...

But the so called "Democratic party",,, are going around encouraging people to engage in illegal strikes, don't pay your taxes, blowing whistle's at politician's on his lunch break then claim that it "normal citizen's" then get caught in that lie, your yellow shirt supporter mate's want and publicly say that he thinks Thailand should have no government for a few year's and he n his mates will run the country and you can all trust me, I'm a politician, I'm a good guy really really I am,

makes me wanna sick.gif

Strikes aren't illegal. Not paying your taxes is illegal, but then in Thailand, who does? Blowing whistles? Well that's just childish. Now, I don't agree with the whole appointed government nonsense either, but reality is, it isn't likely to happen, so lets see if Yingluck and her crew know how to survive this one.

You have turned it into a little game with 60 million potential players.

It's called exercising your right to protest yingluck. Clear enough for you?

Don't the army assassinate you for doing that now? Imagine the delays when snipers start taking out Thai Airways baggage handlers and check-in staff??

Oh Dear!

To use the Google approach; if enough people strike, the algorithm will deem it not illegal. biggrin.png

To the employees sitting on the fence; don't be feint hearted, make a decision. Your in one camp or the other. Best of luck to you.

Skirting close to the edge aren't we?

Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, ThaiVisa will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.

The poster of the "offending words" (in your opinion of course), IS a moderator.

I suggest he may have been somewhat facetious. But since you are being overly sensitive about his words, why don't you apply for a position as a moderator yourself.

Live and Let Live. Trying to have the last say only ends when there is one person who steps back gracefully.

makes me wanna sick.gif

They bought their votes for a start whether it was with 500 baht notes or in tricking them with the promise of their flawed populist policies and so the democracy argument falters there straight away.

Also, whether they were voted in democratically or not, it does not give them the right to abuse parliament and ride roughshod over those parliamentary rules it doesn't like or that stop it's progress to turn paliament into a dictatorship through control of both houses and imposing immoral and unethical watering down/elimination of those bodies that provide checks and balances to parliamentary matters.

Please answer this question. Do you think that the amnesty was to absolve Thaksin of all of his past wrongdoings and allow him to return to Thailand a free man or pave the way for national reconciliation?

Other posters can then judge your arguments and opinions based on which of the two options you choose.

Now don't let me down!!

I'll give you until 6.00 PM to respond, otherwise you will face the consequences!!

I have said it before and I'll say again just for your benefit ok, NO amnesty for anyone...

in answer to your Question on my thoughts on the motivation behind the amnesty bill? Answer, Blind Freddy could see.

and now for your last sentence, well ummm BRING ON THE CONSECQUENCES BABY...w00t.gif

makes me wanna sick.gif

They bought their votes for a start whether it was with 500 baht notes or in tricking them with the promise of their flawed populist policies and so the democracy argument falters there straight away.

Also, whether they were voted in democratically or not, it does not give them the right to abuse parliament and ride roughshod over those parliamentary rules it doesn't like or that stop it's progress to turn paliament into a dictatorship through control of both houses and imposing immoral and unethical watering down/elimination of those bodies that provide checks and balances to parliamentary matters.

Please answer this question. Do you think that the amnesty was to absolve Thaksin of all of his past wrongdoings and allow him to return to Thailand a free man or pave the way for national reconciliation?

Other posters can then judge your arguments and opinions based on which of the two options you choose.

Now don't let me down!!

I'll give you until 6.00 PM to respond, otherwise you will face the consequences!!

I have said it before and I'll say again just for your benefit ok, NO amnesty for anyone...

in answer to your Question on my thoughts on the motivation behind the amnesty bill? Answer, Blind Freddy could see.

and now for your last sentence, well ummm BRING ON THE CONSECQUENCES BABY...w00t.gif

So you are saying that the object of this bill was "no amnesty for anyone"!!

All I can say, is it seems a rather pointless bill to me. I can imagine PTP headquarters - let's devise a bill that gives amnesty to nobody!!! Now I thought that Yingluck (sorry, she had nothing to do with it), her party then, failed to pass a bill that gave amnesty to everyone because of the outcry it caused amongst even her own supporters. I didn't ask what you wanted, I asked for the governments wishes and purpose. As you are unwilling (unable) to answer this and I don't know where blind freddy lives I can only assume that you believe it was to get Khun Thaksin back.

Don't you think that it was despicable,the underhand way in which they tried to force this bill through in bypassing good parliamentary practices.

I know that you will still support the red shirts as you cannot stop yourself. One day you might wake up and think "I was wrong and stupid all that time"

As you answered (replied then) by 17.00PM you can stop sweating now!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

makes me wanna sick.gif

Now don't let me down!!

So you are saying that the object of this bill was "no amnesty for anyone"!!

All I can say, is it seems a rather pointless bill to me. I can imagine PTP headquarters - let's devise a bill that gives amnesty to nobody!!! Now I thought that Yingluck (sorry, she had nothing to do with it), her party then, failed to pass a bill that gave amnesty to everyone because of the outcry it caused amongst even her own supporters. I didn't ask what you wanted, I asked for the governments wishes and purpose. As you are unwilling (unable) to answer this and I don't know where blind freddy lives I can only assume that you believe it was to get Khun Thaksin back.

Don't you think that it was despicable,the underhand way in which they tried to force this bill through in bypassing good parliamentary practices.

I know that you will still support the red shirts as you cannot stop yourself. One day you might wake up and think "I was wrong and stupid all that time"

As you answered (replied then) by 17.00PM you can stop sweating now!!!

WHAT THE???

I thought I answered your question on the motivation (objectives) on the amnesty bill, but hey I guess " BLIND FREDDY COULD SEE" was a little obscure for you, but it seems that you fancy your self as a fictional novelist, I'll keep reading some of your post's as you seem to have a knack for it

as for sweating, no I was perspiring, waiting anticipation of your promised consequences.coffee1.gif