Pattaya Ferry Disaster Salvage Operation in Pattaya Bay

webfact

Pattaya Ferry Disaster Salvage Operation in Pattaya Bay

ferry-42.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The delayed salvage operation to recover the sunken Ferry which resulted in the death of 7 and injuries to over 100 passengers, took place on Wednesday in Pattaya Bay.

The operation was led by the Marine Department of Pattaya and was overseen by the Marine Police Department and the Royal Thai Navy. The Marine Department Director, Khun Raiwat, is leading the ongoing investigation into the disaster which saw 7 people lose their lives. Initially 6 Thai and Foreign passengers died which was followed by the death of a 12 year old Russian Boy in hospital, 4 days later.

The recovery operation was due to take place on 9th November but had to be delayed due to bad weather. A salvage vessel slowly lifted the “Koh Larn Travel 1” ferry from the seabed.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/108900/pattaya-ferry-disaster-salvage-operation-pattaya-bay/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-14

Should have left it down there, would have made a nice diving wreck

Not really...

7 people lost their lives, I know they recovered the bodies but I think only a moron would want to dive such a wreak.

Plenty more wreaks about.

There is a lot of famous dive wrecks around the world where people lost there lives.

Should have left it down there, would have made a nice diving wreck

Not really...

7 people lost their lives, I know they recovered the bodies but I think only a moron would want to dive such a wreak.

Plenty more wreaks about.

There is a lot of famous dive wrecks around the world where people lost there lives.

May be so, and many are off limits (war graves), and it was not last week they went down.

Would not be much to see particularly after the souvenir hunters have taken everything that's not screwed down and much that is as well.

Also it is an environmental hazard, all that diesel + other oils and lubricants and heaven knows what else. sad.png