Can ur Thai gf/wife clean?

ExpatOilWorker

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes the ironing. Can't wear any piece of clothing for more than one day without it going through the wash&iron cycle. Quite nice, really. Our washing machine broke a few days ago, now she's washing by hand and bickering about her nail art going bad biggrin.png

Edited by DrTuner

My wife is very good, but what I have noticed in other Thai family homes is that they keep the floor clean., moped often, but they don't see the dirt and grease on the walls. Looks to me like they have never been cleaned. I see the same thing in the local clinic. (and you really don't want to use the toilet there followed by the "pass around rag" to dry you hands)

My wife is very good, but what I have noticed in other Thai family homes is that they keep the floor clean., moped often, but they don't see the dirt and grease on the walls. Looks to me like they have never been cleaned. I see the same thing in the local clinic. (and you really don't want to use the toilet there followed by the "pass around rag" to dry you hands)

Many use the cheapest possible paint to paint the interior walls white. Gets dirty quite easily and is water soluble. So, about every 3-4 years, the whole house gets painted. Or at least will get painted if there's a farang to pay for it tongue.png

Similarly if there's a farang in the house, the shrine, a.k.a sitting toilet is next to the Buddha room in the pecking order. It was quite a lot of fun seeing rice farmers build an extension to the MIL's house back in Isaan, the only place they really spent their time on the details was the crapper. Puts a smile on my face every time I sit down, so it did work. Even has actual tissue in there.

Edited by DrTuner

This used to irritate me but have learned to turn a blind eye. Floors are kept clean and often swept but little else. Smashing mosiquitos on the walls requires cleaning. The tradional dusting is rare. I've never been to another foreigner's house to compare. If I want some special cleaning done inside I do it myself when I'm alone at home. Oh well.......................

I've never known any women in Thailand who know a thing about cleaning the house. Most had staff as they grew up that did all that so they never learned how. Mine is no exception. All she can do is make a mess. But she is an excellent gourmet cook and I don't mind doing some cleaning. We have a fantastic new housekeeper who comes twice a week for 8 hours each and cleans like a maid in a first-class hotel. In the past we had housekeepers that were nice, honest people but only knew how to sweep up a little and wipe down surfaces with a wet rag. Our last one we had for years refused to use any chemicals whatsoever because she claimed to be "allergic to all of them". Overall I don't think Thai women can clean to the same standard as Europeans and certainly not as well as people from Mexico, El Salvador, etc. who are superb cleaners.

They don't eat off the walls!!!

I've never known any women in Thailand who know a thing about cleaning the house. Most had staff as they grew up that did all that so they never learned how. Mine is no exception. All she can do is make a mess. But she is an excellent gourmet cook and I don't mind doing some cleaning. We have a fantastic new housekeeper who comes twice a week for 8 hours each and cleans like a maid in a first-class hotel. In the past we had housekeepers that were nice, honest people but only knew how to sweep up a little and wipe down surfaces with a wet rag. Our last one we had for years refused to use any chemicals whatsoever because she claimed to be "allergic to all of them". Overall I don't think Thai women can clean to the same standard as Europeans and certainly not as well as people from Mexico, El Salvador, etc. who are superb cleaners.

Where does the current "fantastic new housekeeper who comes twice a week for 8 hours each and cleans like a maid in a first-class hotel." come from?

Cant say about all but my experience with Thai Ladies is the one's that don't come from farm's clean ok.

Have several friend's with Thai wife's/G/L that come from big town's and their cleaning is top notch.

Only know of two married to farm girl's and they are at best rubbish.

My wife doesn't miss a thing if it doesn't move quick enough it get sorted even the dog get's a shampoo once a week.

My house is spotless and my missus definitely isn't from the village.

My wife's great at the old housework, MR. Muscle in all his various guises lives in our house. I must say though that she also suffers from that very common female syndrome which means during a cleaning session just about all my personal possessions must be moved to the most impossible place to ever find them again.

You get to find them, lucky you. All I get is the stock answer "well you should have put it away in the first place"....followed of course by a rattle of something in thai so fast i can't understand

Sweeps 3 times a day inside. Twice a day outside. Never any grease or marks where we cook. The scrubbing brush I hear clattering along the tiles in the bathroom. 5 minutes after I am out of bed (after she makes me my first coffee) she is in there too, making the bed and tidying up. I often get told of for washing up until I insist on doing something to help out.

Yes, from a farm in Issan but she knows how to clean.

Where does the current "fantastic new housekeeper who comes twice a week for 8 hours each and cleans like a maid in a first-class hotel." come from?

Burma.

Many years ago bought i vacuumcleaner at Makro. I used it in beginning, then after misses used it only for cleaning inside of the car. All above eyehight well........

Once we made a deal about who does what in the house. I offered to clean the dishes if only the sink stayed free of paper, cigarettebutts etc. A bin was 1 mtr away. I never had to do the dishes anymore after 1 day.

Can she clean, YES!. Does she clean, NO! When she does, anything above her eye level cannot be seen so it doesn't get cleaned. In her defense, we live in farm country with the windows open 24/7 and at certain times of the year you could dust a table and come back 2 hours later and you wouldn't know it. This is a farm community and what I have seen is that they sweep and mop the floor religiously, after all it's their eating table, but anything else is hit and miss.

Yeah, I live out of town too and it's the same. Once in a while I move the lounge suite etc and vacuum behind where my wife doesn't look. If it can't be seen, it doesn't get cleaned. [Fans are the exception..they can be seen, but they're still my responsibilty]. But, i don't worrry too much. The home's comfortable and I can live with a bit of dust here and there.

My wife's great at the old housework, MR. Muscle in all his various guises lives in our house. I must say though that she also suffers from that very common female syndrome which means during a cleaning session just about all my personal possessions must be moved to the most impossible place to ever find them again.

ARE WE MARRIED TO SISTERS? HA HA. I have the same issue.laugh.png