Can ur Thai gf/wife clean?

ExpatOilWorker

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's family always had maids, so when she married me she was shocked to realised what the real world was about . After 26 years of married life she is not bad at the housework but avoids it wherever possible. She has a cleaner who comes in for four hours a week, redistributes the dust and breaks things regularly, and hides things? We call her the Wrecker'. But who is complaining, our house is a home and who cares about a bit of mess. 'Don't worry, be happy'coffee1.gif

The trick to a healthy relationship is no matter how well she's cleaned always help her do better, by taking the time to point out any bits she's missed.

Disclosure: I'm single

Not only that, but be sure to mention the lack of perfection in her cleaning to all neighbors and visitors and ask them to help her too. Splendid, the world will be on it's way to proper, hospital standard sanitation in no time.

• Like 1

My wife's great at the old housework, MR. Muscle in all his various guises lives in our house. I must say though that she also suffers from that very common female syndrome which means during a cleaning session just about all my personal possessions must be moved to the most impossible place to ever find them again.

ARE WE MARRIED TO SISTERS? HA HA. I have the same issue.laugh.png

I think mine does it so I get memory practice. Many things have new places every day. Especially in the kitchen and the dogs room and my weapons. I have a basket I put over scorpions that keeps changing places.

I don't know how to say expandable billy club in Thai but I wish I did as I still don't know where it is.

Please always check the ingredients of your cleaning agents. A lot of Thai floor cleaning agents contain nonylphenol, which is outlawed all over Europe, but still available here. Skin contact with nonylphenol can cause birthdefects. And we all run around bare feet inside the house.

I use dish washing liquid and water even for the floor.

And if you trust the cleaning job of your wife/GF, depends on your own cleaning standards!!

My wife is a CLEAN FREAK!

She won't allow the maid to clean the bathrooms, no one can get them as pristine as my wife. Even in Australia, she ignored the Dishwashing machine and did everything by hand, to perfection. Same with our clothes, all washed by hand, the only things that go in the washing machine are bed sheets etc/.

She is a far cry from the lazy "couch potato" I was married to in Australia. When the current wife saw how the "couch potato" lived in Australia when we visited her, she was horrified at how "couch potato" would chuck everything in the dishwasher, the clothes washer and leave the rest to the two cleaning ladies.

The question is, how to make my wife stop cleaning. It is the first thing she does in the AM and usually everything gets another go-round in the evening. I can't get her to stop. And she uses the same products (or equivalents) that people in the US use to disinfect surfaces, etc.

I go around with the hoover, she follows with hopeless Thai fan brush that puts more crap on the floor as the bristles fall out, then I go over it again. After that she dusts, of course that should be done first. She is good at cleaning out the fridge though- of food!

• Like 1

There is clean and then there is my missus' super deluxe Thai gold standard clean to which I can never aspire. But she is half southern Thai half Chinese which is a good mix - Thai side brings a mai bpen rai easy going personality and the Chinese brings a rat like cunning and hard as steel interior. A good mix. But she is the youngest of 10 children so their house was run on precision cleanliness and efficiency or it would have been chaos.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

There is clean and then there is my missus' super deluxe Thai gold standard clean to which I can never aspire. But she is half southern Thai half Chinese which is a good mix - Thai side brings a mai bpen rai easy going personality and the Chinese brings a rat like cunning and hard as steel interior. A good mix. But she is the youngest of 10 children so their house was run on precision cleanliness and efficiency or it would have been chaos.

Are you talking about your wife or some kind of dog breed? Southern Thai and half Chinese? What next? Northern Irish and half Cockney?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

My wife is a good house cleaner; but a bit too energic for my taste. For instance, when she uses the vaccum cleaner, she often bumps into furnitures and other equipments (TV set, desktop computer, etc.) with it, because she's doing the cleaning very intensively! I would rather have a little bit dust in the house than damaged furnitures and equipements due to her energic cleaning!

with what my wife cleans the floor in the bathroom ate the material in the gap between the ceramic.

The home maid before could even clean out the teflon from the pans.

I was forever having to re-grout the bathroom floor tiles. As a result, my wife is now banned from cleaning the main bathroom and I do it myself. It used to be: Pour on Vixol or some other equivalent, close the doors and leave for half an hour or more. Open the doors and then spray the floor once all the vapour had dissipated.

Thats funny I had to do the same thing my wife used that duck cleaner just eats grout and gets the dirt out . I ve banned it from the house !!!

Sorry dont agree, my wife is very thorough, has a cupboard full of various products, if anything it the reverse, she spends more time than most I have known, especially in the kitchen and bathroom/shower areas.

Mrs. Evil is the same. She actually LIKES to clean.

I love it. Place is spic and span.

been living with my thai woman now for 12 years in that time she has never touched a broom or a mop

never cxooked a meal eith come to think of it and never once washed up the dishes

That's pretty bad. Mine's never touched a broom or a mop but once or twice a week will prepare gourmet meals and she never has a problem washing the dishes.

Are you talking about your wife or some kind of dog breed? Southern Thai and half Chinese? What next? Northern Irish and half Cockney?

She is a pedigree mongrel - I was told this being a 'good mix' by a wise old Thai lady at the temple and when I reported this back to the missus - she laughed and replied - she's right - which is of course the default status for women.

She is a pedigree mongrel - I was told this being a 'good mix' by a wise old Thai lady at the temple and when I reported this back to the missus - she laughed and replied - she's right - which is of course the default status for women.

Can she sniff her own arse?

Can she sniff her own arse?

She certainly doesn't want to sniff mine - her most common mantra is don't fart in the bed - so I spend far too much time scurrying outside it's warm confines to avoid her not inconsiderable wrath.

• Like 1