Can ur Thai gf/wife clean?

ExpatOilWorker

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say about all but my experience with Thai Ladies is the one's that don't come from farm's clean ok.

Have several friend's with Thai wife's/G/L that come from big town's and their cleaning is top notch.

Only know of two married to farm girl's and they are at best rubbish.

My wife doesn't miss a thing if it doesn't move quick enough it get sorted even the dog get's a shampoo once a week.

• Like 2

Cant say about all but my experience with Thai Ladies is the one's that don't come from farm's clean ok.

Have several friend's with Thai wife's/G/L that come from big town's and their cleaning is top notch.

My wife doesn't miss a thing if it doesn't move quick enough it get sorted even the dog get's a shampoo once a week.

Well...

Does she have a sister?

• Like 2

Learning how to clean a home is something that a mother typically teaches a daughter but if there was no home to clean in the first place, chances are that skill wasn't learned in the first place and certainly wasn't passed down.

Every six months or so we visit MIL and spend an entire day cleaning the house we built for her, it's usually a pretty disgusting affair but she never owned a house before and she certainly never learned how to clean one (nor is she ever going to it seems), her mother never owned one either hence she wasn't taught how to..

I do the cleaning in our condo, I like it that way, my wife more than compensates with her cooking skills hence the household duties are shared.

• Like 1

with what my wife cleans the floor in the bathroom ate the material in the gap between the ceramic.

The home maid before could even clean out the teflon from the pans.

I was forever having to re-grout the bathroom floor tiles. As a result, my wife is now banned from cleaning the main bathroom and I do it myself. It used to be: Pour on Vixol or some other equivalent, close the doors and leave for half an hour or more. Open the doors and then spray the floor once all the vapour had dissipated.

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 1

Well...

Does she have a sister?

Yes but she's a Trite over weight.

Life is not always easy when you have a cleaner wife, mine start's the first thing in the morning after she has taken my Daughter to school, first off it's sweep the Soi out the front then the garden, I'm then sent outside onto the patio with my tea till she finishes all the bit's. Pain in the Butt as I cant get a tea refill till it's all done.

No one said like would be easy.

Edited by fredob43

Well...

Does she have a sister?

Yes but she's Trite over weight.

Life is not always easy when you have a cleaner wife, mine start's the fist thing in the morning after she has taken my Daughter to school, first off it sweep the Soi out the front then the garden, I'm then sent out side onto the patio with my tea till she finishes all the bit's. Pain in the Butt as I cant get a tea refill till it's all done.

No one said like would be easy.

blink.png

Amazing ! I suppose not too surprising that many farang here don't clean their houses. After all that's what women are for isn't it ?

According to my wife your right.

Just after we started to live together she had to go out to do some paper work so I thought Id help out by cleaning the floor as you do !!! on her return she spotted what I had done and after a big thank you made me a cupper, sat me down and gave me a talking to about what were our position in the house there's Men's work and woman's work men's work consists of sorting out any water & electric problem's, all the rest is woman's work. Work's for me.

Note to self must get a kettle out side.

• Like 1

I am somewhat perplexed by this thread

TVer's regularly claim to be married to hi-so thai Chinese ladies yet here we are discussing their wives Mrs mop duties, and would expect posters to be discussing the cleaning abilities of the live in maid while their wives are out getting their hi-so nails done

Perhaps they count the maid as a part of the Hi-So Generals daughter. Came as a a package, I'd presume.

Remember Robocop "you crossed my line of death" ?

That's my little lady when cleaning, I'm not permitted near.

If you've ever had a blast of a pressure washer on a bare foot you'll know why I retreat to my PC when she's in operation (very effective at cleaning under the nails mind).

Love her to bits tongue.png She has unmarried sisters, both are in Rome sad.png

• Like 1

My wife cleans like "A White Tornado". She is absolutely compulsive. I don't mind it one bit. I like clean, but I'm not compulsive. We make a good match. :)

(Google white tornado and Ajax if you don't understand. Sorry, I'm dating myself.)

It is not a case that some Thai people are not house-proud. We have to take into consideration that unlike in England, a Thai man’s home is not always his castle.

To many average working class Thais, the home is just a place to live in, it does not take pride and place in their lives as in the West, where the done thing is to obtain a lifelong mortgage from a young age and basically spend the rest of their lives working their guts out to pay back a house loan, and keeping the property in good order and in a reasonable condition because it`s their investment and to eventually call the home their own later on.

Thai people do not usually buy properties or have them built as an investment, but rather as a home to live out their lives and pass on to their children later on. My wife and her family are the same. They will keep the home clean to a reasonable standard with hardly any spills or thrills and they’re mostly content with that, in which so am I. When I finally managed to pay back my mortgage in the UK and rid myself from the burden of that property with all the upkeep that went with it, it was the best time of my life, as if the shackles had finally been removed.

One must have a deeper understanding of the ways of life and attitudes of the Thai people in Thailand. For those living here who prefer the more Western types of lifestyle with immaculate unblemished properties and homes, should hire a housekeeper.

• Like 2

I seem to think most of the wives and girlfriends are married to pensioners and living full time in Thailand and are fulltime housewives who have answered this topic so far.

What about a Thai woman living in the west and both partners go working with young kids?Answers would be very different i think was in my case i had to hire a cleaning lady to come clean twice a week when home i did it of course because even something simple like using a dishwasher was to tiresome,before i married her i had a state of the art fully fitted kitchen in my house after we divorced i had to put in a new one.When going away for weeks for my work she fired the cleaning lady and i would come home and find my home like a pigstall,at one time i had to bring a microwave to garbage disposal unit because it was beyond cleaning.

Glad i divorced the bitch.

For those living here who prefer the more Western types of lifestyle with immaculate unblemished properties and homes, should hire a housekeeper.

Why hire a housekeeper ? There are multiple posts here already stating that a Thai gf/wife can keep the house clean just fine. We've had maids, apart from one they were more trouble than worth. A good live-in one will charge upwards of 15t baht is my current take on the market.

Actually, my wife is an almost obsessional cleaner, and you could eat off any surface in our house. While she complains about working so much she also won't let anyone else do it much, as you 'don't do a good enough job'. We have had many local girls come to help, but they generally last about 2 weeks. I'm not quite sure if its about their cleaning ability, or the fact that they are often young and pretty ?

• Like 1

Yeah, all industrial strength poisons in use as well.

The wife's family makes all of its own household cleaners because they don't want dangerous chemicals in the home.

She folds used paper bags like triangular flags and stacks them by size.

She folds my underwear in squares with both ends tucked in and stacks them in my underwear drawer.

Outside she washes everything including the dog.

She finds it impossible to sleep in a dirty home.

She also works outside the home in an office12 hours a day.

Can she clean? she never bloody stops ,i dare not put my cup down and she is off washing it ,hoovering ,dusting ,changing the bed sheets ,she even cleans the bloody screen on my computer when i am using it smile.png

and yes she irons my underpants as well and folds them neatly in order in the drawer ,still better that than some lazy old bugger like me.

Edited by i claudius

Can she clean? she never bloody stops ,i dare not put my cup down and she is off washing it ,hoovering ,dusting ,changing the bed sheets ,she even cleans the bloody screen on my computer when i am using it smile.png

and yes she irons my underpants as well and folds them neatly in order in the drawer ,still better that than some lazy old bugger like me.

You clearly married a hi-so or someone who was trained into taking care of hi-so's!

Not only does my wife CLEAN the house....she has now taken over control of the garden.....This is our second home together ......AND I told her!!!... you take care of the house ...I will do the garden (I like to work in the garden)...

At first, as always, she does a great job on the house ...I even helped a little(have an electric upright vac...and I'll run

that for 5 minutes) and I usually make the bed in the morning (actually is just straighten out the comforter)..BUT my big thing was that I got to do the garden....little, by little she maneuvered her way into the garden...first just a vegetable spot, then it was this plant and that, a tree here, a tree there.... that she brought home ....AND next thing I know its HER garden ...Now, not only does she clean the house, and clean the dishes, and do the laundry....she is out in the garden moving the plants from one spot to another on a daily basis.....really shouldn't be moaning about it ...but I did like working in the garden ...now I

just get to mow the lawn/....Oh well....TIT