Can ur Thai gf/wife clean?

ExpatOilWorker

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife comes from a farm and cleans our house everyday. She sweeps and mops 1700 sq ft of floor space every single day. Cleans the bathrooms using the proper cleaning agents. Washes the walls etc. The only thing she doesn't clean to my satisfaction is windows. But in her home on the farm their was no glass in the windows, only shutters. So, I clean the windows myself...no big deal. Come to think of it, my American wife didn't do so hot on windows either, I cleaned them there too.

Cant say about all but my experience with Thai Ladies is the one's that don't come from farm's clean ok.

Have several friend's with Thai wife's/G/L that come from big town's and their cleaning is top notch.

Only know of two married to farm girl's and they are at best rubbish.

My wife doesn't miss a thing if it doesn't move quick enough it get sorted even the dog get's a shampoo once a week.

Sorry dont agree, my wife is very thorough, has a cupboard full of various products, if anything it the reverse, she spends more time than most I have known, especially in the kitchen and bathroom/shower areas.

I was previously married to an English woman. Couldn't/wouldn't iron, disgusting fridge, didn't wash up, insisted on sharing housework even though I was working 24/7 to pay mortgage etc.

Now I have a beautiful Thai wife and sacked the mae ban because she prefers to clean everything herself and she is 100% immaculate. The OP should not tar everyone with the same brush.

Lovely lady.

I would say my missus loves to clean house. Always at it to the extent that I feel guilty. We've got steam mops and loads of vacuum cleaners and gadgets. And a spotless house. We'll have a big dinner before we go away and her and her sisters and in laws will go at it for ages. We always go to sleep with everything cleaned and put away.

Forgot that in addition to wife keeping the house clean and my underpants ironed, MIL tends to the garden, got fresh Papaya right now. I went for the package deal tongue.png Never, not even once has there been any euro style biaaatsching about sharing housework or some old bull like that. I bring in the $$$, she takes care of using it. Old school rocks.

• Like 1

Both my home + MIL's house are not cleaned well at all. I do not rate Thai cleaners in home or businesses.

I agree. Even the nicest homes with full-time staff are not cleaned to the same level as homes in Europe and America. You could add Brazil to the list too. There is a lot of dusting that goes on here but no real disinfecting. I have yet to have met anyone in Thailand who will disinfect with bleach. Most, if not all of the cleaning products sold in Thailand contain perfumes and things to make the floor shine, etc. but no real disinfectant unless you buy Dettol which costs a fortune. I bought a bottle one time and the cleaning lady refused to use it. She said she was "allergic" to it and and it was "paang mak".

Answer is mixed.

My decade long, EX GF in Isaan, the older of two daughters with a slightly older brother, could do that well-clean and was also a good cook,

taking care me well.

Her mama, did teach her good, landscaping a nice garden ect to.

But, I always looked to get to other harborswink.png and so I came to my current Thai GF, a decade+ to,

she was the youngest in the family, so a bit spoiled and anyway her mom never had a nice home herself did not know much of cleaning,

a bit lazy I would say

and what could she teach the young one?

So, I fight an uphill battle and at least in that part of cleaning, keeping the household tidy, i am far from satisfied!

Nature compensated her with other advantages, looks and so on. rolleyes.gif

Once, the older sisters mother in law, came with her BF from EU in the house her son had built for his wives mother and her 2 Thai sons,

The family was advised to make the house extra tidy for the visitors and so they did, they thought.

Outcome,

the EU mother and her BF cleaned the house for a night and a day until the felt comfortable enough on top of the cleaning affords of the Thai family! tongue.png

A young woman who I also knew better for some time, a year+ brought her to EU to for a holiday, she had no parents any more, she lost them at an early age, grew up with an aunt and had to keep that house in order and had to cook to, from childhood on, was a formidable housewife.

It depends a lot, clearly, I think, how, what she saw or learned from her parents, from mama.whistling.gif

My friends wife is the norm here in my village,, dishes are piled up until there are none left then the washing starts,, i go behind the wife and wash it again,, the floor is swept with a coconut broom, have never seen the mop used although there is one in the house,, my mate washes his own clothes most of the time because his missus is out going to see a sick family member or off to the temple, so my friend's attempt at a happy mariage is going one sided and i see the cracks starting to happen,, i wash the dishes i am a man and proud of it,,,,,go man-power.

My friends wife is the norm here in my village,, dishes are piled up until there are none left then the washing starts,, i go behind the wife and wash it again,, the floor is swept with a coconut broom, have never seen the mop used although there is one in the house,, my mate washes his own clothes most of the time because his missus is out going to see a sick family member or off to the temple, so my friend's attempt at a happy mariage is going one sided and i see the cracks starting to happen,, i wash the dishes i am a man and proud of it,,,,,go man-power.

Your mates marriage is on the rocks because he has to wash his own clothes while his wife visits sick relatives? <deleted>? What else does he do with his time? I always wash my own clothes. No one can wash my clothes better than me. I wouldn't want anyone else washing my clothes.

• 4 weeks later...

Cant say about all but my experience with Thai Ladies is the one's that don't come from farm's clean ok.

Have several friend's with Thai wife's/G/L that come from big town's and their cleaning is top notch.

Only know of two married to farm girl's and they are at best rubbish.

My wife doesn't miss a thing if it doesn't move quick enough it get sorted even the dog get's a shampoo once a week.

Well...

Does she have a sister?

Does she have 2 sisters & can I trade-in the wife ?

It is not a case that some Thai people are not house-proud. We have to take into consideration that unlike in England, a Thai man’s home is not always his castle.

To many average working class Thais, the home is just a place to live in, it does not take pride and place in their lives as in the West

Indeed. Their car, however, does, which isn't the case in the West. In Thailand, motor vehicles reflect social standing, and homes are merely a place to sleep in.