Moving Time

Casual1

Showing my age, but I was the 2nd graduating class at Bartlett. Before that went to West HS. As a kid, AK is great. But like you, I'd prefer Florida to AK now!

Yes, CM has issues during the height of the burning season. For a few months, it's unbearable for many. But smoke is a problem all over SE Asia. Unfortunately, smoke doesn't respect borders.

You should spend some time perusing the health sub forum. Or the insurance forum. Many good threads on health insurance. It's a touch subject here.

Sounds like you've got a good source of info for Tricare. Great stuff!

haha...sorry about the thug reference whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn , its changed alot by Bartlett, got a whole new shopping center and VA center by the muldoon gate. anchorage is growing !! I've been looking around the forums about the insurance, havent seen any thats sparked my interest yet. we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Casual1
  • Like 1

You must not read the forums very carefully...as no one here would advise using either the thai embassy or the LA consulate for anything visa related. Most would recommend the Portland or Houston consulates.

Good luck on your move in any case and hope your this marriage is more successful than your American one. Nice to read how my taxes are paying for your move too!

I did read about those Consulates, but from this website http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/ they didnt show Portland of Huston having a website. of the LA, NY and Chi consulates to chose from, all reaquired "certified Copies", only the DC Embassy list required documents as only copies.

Portland and Houston and both good honorary Thai consulates in the U.S., easy to deal with and members here report good experiences with them.

Here's Portland's website:

http://www.thai-or.com/visa-information/

They still do various kinds of visas including O's based on marriage to a Thai. Nothing mentioned about certified copies.

But the honorary consulates no longer will issue O-A retirement visas. You have to go thru the Embassy or consulates for those.

You must not read the forums very carefully...as no one here would advise using either the thai embassy or the LA consulate for anything visa related. Most would recommend the Portland or Houston consulates.

Good luck on your move in any case and hope your this marriage is more successful than your American one. Nice to read how my taxes are paying for your move too!

I did read about those Consulates, but from this website http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/ they didnt show Portland of Huston having a website. of the LA, NY and Chi consulates to chose from, all reaquired "certified Copies", only the DC Embassy list required documents as only copies.

Portland and Houston and both good honorary Thai consulates in the U.S., easy to deal with and members here report good experiences with them.

Here's Portland's website:

http://www.thai-or.com/visa-information/

They still do various kinds of visas including O's based on marriage to a Thai. Nothing mentioned about certified copies.

But the honorary consulates no longer will issue O-A retirement visas. You have to go thru the Embassy or consulates for those.

Thanks Jon, you are correct, I looked at their website and it says nothing about certified copies. Since i'm finished with my visa process, I will direct my friend to the portland HTC for his future visa requests. Maybe i had a fluke experience, but the emabssy in DC was pretty painless and expedient with my Multi O.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif