Snake

GaryB1263

That looks like a Krait. Venomous.

I seriously dislike people who kills snakes.

Correct a Branded Krait, No known antidote, they are mostly in Red and black. Most bites from snakes are by accident, usually, just leave them alone, treat all snakes as venomous.

Edited by Thongkorn

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you you are right we should send our 2-15 years out snake hunting since olny 7% of them die from snakebite right?

No, it means you should stop posting completely incorrect and made up statements on public forums that you cant back up.

In my opinion the percentages are irrelevant. As a parent I need to protect my child and if there is any animal that is in or around where we live that could harm my child or anyone else's child that is not acceptable. Doesn't really matter what the animal is. My preference is that it just be removed but if the process of removal itself is dangerous then I would deal with it in the same way as a rat, mouse or rabid dog.

It would be interesting to know that of the people who do not agree with me how many live in an environment where snakes are a threat.

SDM

PS incidentally I have found that sulphur powder left around your boundaries tends to put snakes off.

I have never heard of any venomous snake chasing a human being to bite it. If you leave it alone it will leave you alone. If you have a snake problem get rid of rats and mice which are attracted by dog food and the Thai habit of throwing old food out for birds to eat. People usually get bitten because they step on snakes. If you are walking around in high grass stamp your feet on the ground. This is enough to scare away most snakes.

Thai's have an irrational fear of snakes when tens of thousands more Thai's are killed by road accidents and alcohol or a combination of both. Reptiles are endangered in Thailand so if you find a snake inside your house just call someone to remove it without killing it. Remember certain cobras can spit at you and blind you. Just leave them alone and they will go away. Most snakes only eat a few times a year that's why you don't see them often.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Two years ago my wife was bitten by a unknown snake, her foot went black and swelled up. But she survived, that's life.

Where was this?

Just below the ankle.....................tongue.png

• 3 months later...