Connecting A Mobile To Pc

marquess

I have a Nokia 6610, for the last three weeks I have been trying to connect it to my PC. I have a USB data cable and a Duk5 cable. When I went to MBK, I bought the first cable along with the relevant software.

Windows XP will not load up the Lotus Screen section of the software, as this is the part that allows you do load the USB driversand control the connexion type.

I keep getting an error message. CANNOT LOAD THE REQUIRED FILE SCU32C10.DLL and SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED. This programme seems to work quite well with Windows 2000; as the man at MBK showed me how it was done. I have tried it out on another computer running XP and still no joy. i have tried the Oxygen Phone Manager, and I have the NOKIA Suite. Have even tried to download the relevant cable drivers from the net.

Today I bought somemore software from Pantip, still the same error message, any suggestions? I had thought that connecting a mobile would be as straight forward as a digetal camera connexion.

I installed a nokia phone like yours on a pc a while ago. I recalled that during installation of PC suite (on CD with phone) the instalation process asked if i was going to use Infrared or Cable (only duk 5 was mentioned). At that time i only had a serial cable for the phone (bought seperately) which i couldn't get working. I blamed it on not having the duk5 cable. Went back to the shop, they didn't have a duk5 cable so I ended up buying an IRDA device for the PC. Got that one installed in a blink, and afterwards the installation of the phone software was smooth sailing as well. Maybe i was lucky the shop didn't stock that cable :o

Now using the phone as a GPRS modem to connect to the internet...

I installed a nokia phone like yours on a pc a while ago. I recalled that during installation of PC suite (on CD with phone) the instalation process asked if i was going to use Infrared or Cable (only duk 5 was mentioned). At that time i only had a serial cable for the phone (bought seperately) which i couldn't get working. I blamed it on not having the duk5 cable. Went back to the shop, they didn't have a duk5 cable so I ended up buying an IRDA device for the PC. Got that one installed in a blink, and afterwards the installation of the phone software was smooth sailing as well. Maybe i was lucky the shop didn't stock that cable 

Now using the phone as a GPRS modem to connect to the internet...

So are you suggesting that the infra red device, connected to the PC , works quite well? All I am interested in doing, is putting on new ring tones and pictures. Will I be able to do this with the infra red?

Could you tell me the make and model of your IR cable.

I have been all round town ( Phrae) today and cannot find one anywhere

Why bont you try a Bluetooth usb adapter if your phone is compliant i use a Belkin interface known as a Dongle.

The specs are good, ok for W.98, Me, 2000 and XP.

USBUHCI/OHC1 1.1 Compliant Data rate723/57.6 kbps

It will operate upto about 100 meter radious.

It costs about 2500 Baht.

Last summer I used my Nokia 8310 and my Apple Powerbook G4 frequently to access the Internet since at most hotels it is impossible to dial out directly (They will dial the number for you but it goes wrong when you transfer the connection to your PC's internal modem)

The Nokia and the Powerbook communicated by infra-red and there was absolutely no fuzz installing, setting it up and using it. (Of course I use an Apple!!!)

I had a dial-in account from Lox-Info where I could use local accessnumbers everywhere in Thailand (I was traveling through Isaan).

I had a connection everywhere at 9600 bps and in Chiang Mai even at 14.400 bps.

This is not fast but it allows you to check your email at least.

Walter

• 8 months later...

I was glad I kept reading, I was wondering if I had to go to Panthip just for a connection device, (USB or IR), but I guess I'll just hop over to Si Racha. It makes sense since I actually bought my phone there. Now If I could just set up my email account on my GPRS. Too bad this forum wasn't on it also.

Windows XP will not load up the Lotus Screen section of the software, as this is the part that allows you do load the USB driversand control the connexion type
I had a similar problem trying to install drivers for a DKU2 cable for a 6230. The installation was interrupted by a warning that "Windows XP service pack 1 must be installed". I have service pack 2 ! Eventually I gave up.
The three shops that have offered me blue tooth have quoted 1200 baht but cannot say whether it will work or not.

You can get them for around 900 baht now in Fortune and Pantip, some stores with slow turnover are still trying to sell old stock for much higher price. The uncertainty is probably just whether your phone has bluetooth or not.

Now If I could just set up my email account on my GPRS. Too bad this forum wasn't on it also.

What kind of phone you got ?

I gave up with nokia PC suite....is a piece of shit.

Oxygen is ok

removal of PCsuite is a hassle as it does not remove mrouter for you, you need to use a regcleaning product to remove it,(or an operating system re-install)

the newer version of intuwaves mrouter that I am using is mrouter 3 beta

http://www.intuwave.com/index.php?page=105

I recommend it for those with nokia mobile phones...the first time I just installed it over the top of the old mrouter and it worked, but later I went in with a registry editor and removed the old version.

I use bluetooth, I have a billiton USB ( widcomm chip) which I bought for 1200baht, though they had others for 800baht....I bought mine 6 months ago.

If you are using bluetooth with a symbian operating system phone I recommend bemused bemused.sourceforge.net .

I have a friend with whom I have been working to connect his laptop (Windows 98) to his Nokia. The Nokia (I think 6610i) has the Suite software included and will work under Infared, Blue Tooth or Cable. We are having some minor problems and will migrate the computer to Windows XP Professional to overcome them allowing us to use the cable or Infared. Blue Tooth would cost us another adaptor for the Laptop (Dinasour).

My question however is; do we have to ask for a special activation for data for the SIM of the phone?

That used to be the case years ago.

I have a friend with whom I have been working to connect his laptop (Windows 98) to his Nokia.  The Nokia (I think 6610i) has the Suite software included and will work under Infared, Blue Tooth or Cable.  We are having some minor problems and will migrate the computer to Windows XP Professional to overcome them allowing us to use the cable or Infared.  Blue Tooth would cost us another adaptor for the Laptop (Dinasour).

My question however is; do we have to ask for a special activation for data for the SIM of the phone? 

That used to be the case years ago.

Not with AIS 1-2 call. I dont know about other phone companies though.

We are having some minor problems and will migrate the computer to Windows XP Professional to overcome them allowing us to use the cable or Infared.

I'd guess that your problem is probably PC Suite, I went through hours of suffering trying to get it to work, its a real dog.

If you go with IR and XP you may need to update your IR drivers (this is buried in the documentation somewhere, not that it helped me), and if you end up resorting to bluetooth (the *only* thing connection option I could get going !) the order you install the software seems to matter and there are a few other caveats.