Camping at Kaeng Krachan and Khuean Srinagarindra National Parks

Spaniel

On 24 Nov wife and I will first drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin for a couple nights then on the return trip to Bkk will stop off first at Kaeng Krachan NP for one or 2 nights camping. Looking at their web site it appears there are 3 camping locations, Headquarters, Ranger Station 4 and Ranger Station 19. It appears the camping at the headquarters area is before you actually enter the park so I think we would be more interested in camping at either Ranger Station 4 or 19. Can anyone who has camped at either of these locations recommend which would be the better choice? We are interested in hiking and hopefully see something other then deer. From here we will drive up to Kancanaburi and spend a couple nights camping in Khuean Srinagarindra NP. Any info concerning camping conditions there would be appreciated.

Hi Spaniel,

We meet once again.

Have a look at my

http://www.pbase.com/win13/dams

As for Kaeng Krachan lots of places, just ask the locals? Very large area btw.

Next, Kan, lots of Camp Sites. i.e.

http://www.safaripark-kan.com/

and then at the Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

http://www.pbase.com/win13/waterandfalls

both places have toilets and showers etc....

Hope this helps you and all folks wishing to visit these places.

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

The main area of the park has two camp sites 1) Baan Krang and 2) Phanoenthung. Ban Krang is about 15 ks into the park and easily accessible (if you have a saloon you may want to drive very slowly!), great camp site and surrounded by great forest - busy on weekends. If you have a pickup or similar then I would head up the mountain another 10 Ks or so to Phanoenthung, advantages being that the forest (Thor Thip route) is nice and "jungley", also get to see "sea of mist" if conditions right AND its bloody chilly at night - but don't go at the weekend unless you like crowds, mid week you will the place to yourself.

there are some GPS tracks and maps at this site...... www.wildlifethailand.com

Edited by Whale
  • Like 2

for Srinakarin, as the Col has said the Mae Khamin camp site is very nice and the falls are beautiful, one of my favourites for camping - but you aint going to see any animals there unless you are super lucky, the area is largely secondary forest with bamboo.

It depends what you want, if its a nice camp out then KS is great, if its pristine forest packed with animals then KK.

• Like 2