last night a night of road nightmares

BigC

What a nightmare! Driving on Samui is really something that worries me. Even if I wear a helmet and never drink and drive I could be hit by some moron who hasn't been as considerate.

But what I want to know: is it correct to assume that most accidents happen at night? Is there any statistics showing this? (combination of people being drunk and it being dark should significantly increase the risk).

Do the odds of getting killed decrease if you drive sober in the daytime, slowly and wear a helmet? Or is it just as dangerous in the daytime due to kids driving, careless driving and what have you (daytime drinkers)?

Perhaps one should simply not drive on Samui smile.png

Not sure if it matters when or how you drive, the simple answer is not to ride a motorbike if these staistics are correct.

(Yes, I know they're old statistics but doubt they have got much better in the last six years and yes, obviously there are more motorbikes on the roads than cyclists, nevertheless frightening numbers).

post-22832-0-03032300-1385145501_thumb.j

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until proved otherwise nonsense AND bad spelling are both the ThaiVisa national game so please try to be honest... Big© whistling.gif Pffff...

Now I am confused am I big C or is someone lea big c

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app Edited by PoorSucker
removed extra quotes

What a nightmare! Driving on Samui is really something that worries me. Even if I wear a helmet and never drink and drive I could be hit by some moron who hasn't been as considerate.

But what I want to know: is it correct to assume that most accidents happen at night? Is there any statistics showing this? (combination of people being drunk and it being dark should significantly increase the risk).

Do the odds of getting killed decrease if you drive sober in the daytime, slowly and wear a helmet? Or is it just as dangerous in the daytime due to kids driving, careless driving and what have you (daytime drinkers)?

Perhaps one should simply not drive on Samui Posted Image

Not sure if it matters when or how you drive, the simple answer is not to ride a motorbike if these staistics are correct.

(Yes, I know they're old statistics but doubt they have got much better in the last six years and yes, obviously there are more motorbikes on the roads than cyclists, nevertheless frightening numbers).

Sorry I disagree. It is like fighting terrorism u have to carry on life as normal just be more careful and drive better. If we all follow suit then the roads shall be safer

Though personally I won't have my kid on a bike

But some people have no choice as we cannot all afford cars

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Makes you wonder just how bad the real current day bike accident figures are! sad.png

Makes you wonder just how bad the real current day bike accident figures are! sad.png

The 'foreign' element might be available via an FoI request submitted to the respective Govts along the lines explained here:

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/freedom_of_information/guide/act

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Another problem going to chaweng is no parking except at Tops so in the ill have to take the bike. Hopefully Central will have a huge parking area.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is always parking on the lake road (behind McDonald's - parallel to the Beach road).

Just walk through and you are on the Beach Road.