A Fast Ride - would this work in Thailand?

Shortly I'll be building an Rx8 for the track, hopefully put up a few pics and maybe a video or 2 when I kick it off.

Is the RX8 silver by any chance ?

Actually Titanium gray at the mo, why did you ask? I posted pics here a while back, right now it's a daily driver until I get settled here, beginning next year I'm going to source a salvage car in good condition and recondition the best of the 2 and convert the second to a track car. They have a new class here now that allows for these older sports cars in mostly stock form albeit stripped down and some of my competition is the C5 Corvette and the Acura Type R. I feel this is a good choice as it will be durable, powerful, good power to weight ratio and handling mix plus it won't require big money to either mod or compete in as it was virtually built for the track..

They have a few issues though but with Mazda's backing and some top Mazda racing programs around these parts there will be plenty of tech assistance to make it competitive out of the box.

I thought you were in Thailand and I know of an ex BMI Racing RX8 sitting here caged ready to go, it is silver.

Shortly I'll be building an Rx8 for the track, hopefully put up a few pics and maybe a video or 2 when I kick it off.

Is the RX8 silver by any chance ?

Actually Titanium gray at the mo, why did you ask? I posted pics here a while back, right now it's a daily driver until I get settled here, beginning next year I'm going to source a salvage car in good condition and recondition the best of the 2 and convert the second to a track car. They have a new class here now that allows for these older sports cars in mostly stock form albeit stripped down and some of my competition is the C5 Corvette and the Acura Type R. I feel this is a good choice as it will be durable, powerful, good power to weight ratio and handling mix plus it won't require big money to either mod or compete in as it was virtually built for the track..

They have a few issues though but with Mazda's backing and some top Mazda racing programs around these parts there will be plenty of tech assistance to make it competitive out of the box.

I thought you were in Thailand and I know of an ex BMI Racing RX8 sitting here caged ready to go, it is silver.

Oh no, I'm in the states about a year now, I would not even attempt to run a car of that magnitude there as it would require so much budget and still only be marginally competitive due to loose rules and limited classing, it would have to be in the open class likely..

This one??

BMI_Racing_2009_MAZDA_RX-8_4-Rotor_Seven

I don't buy other peoples mistakes, I make my own instead,,,, Ermm,,,,, I mean I build my own cars, that's half the fun..

Edited by WarpSpeed

The question is even more curious now blink.png ...

My Boss imported it (as a roller) to race but changed his mind, was curious as to whether he sold it or not as mentioned earlier I thought you were in Thailand and are building one.

Edited by Spoonman

I prefer this bumpy ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENi3Hi3wUXc

That was interesting viewing and one I saw from the site was this

One tip, watch it in this Forum and don't go to an external browser to view it

as sometimes it's considered a bit 'racy' ... and you have to prove your age.

BTW, there is no nudity no implied.

And, at the speed the driver attacks the jump, I don't know how long it

would be before it was either bent or ripped out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...