Six months UK, six months Thailand, best visa?

You could get a 2 entry tourist visa that would give you about 6 months of stay by extending each 60 day entry by 30 days at immigration. You could also get a 3 entry visa.

I suggest you get your visa at one of the consulates listed here. http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/179

Edited by ubonjoe

Hi

No expert but you can get a double entry tourist visa whilst in the UK that would give you just about 6 months, you`d have to go to a neighbouring country to activate the 2nd tourist visa entry, after the first 90 days totally exhausted on the first one.

Although I live here , had considered your idea of splitting time between Thailand and UK/Europe.

smile.png

A double entry tourist visa will give you almost 180 days if issued just prior to your departure and used correctly with 1 border run and two 30 days extensions. If I were you I would get a triple entry visa as it will allow you more flexibility with your schedule and doesn't cost that much more.

Thanks for all advice. I mean, I have never seen a double entry, or triple entry, tourist visa shown on the Embassy or any Consulate websites. Only 60 day tourist visa and its cost shown. So, do you just ask for a 60 day double or triple entry tourist visa then? And they realise one, you can increase stay in Thailand to 90 day, and that then you could then do a border run and get another 90 days in Thailand? If I understand right, then this certainly is a perfect deal for me, or anyone wishing a six months stay in Thailand in each year!

If you are old enough you may want to consider a multi entry retirement visa. If you time your visits right you can get two years for the price of one and only deal with the 90 day check in.

It works for me with six months in Thailand and six months in the US and I don't worry about extensions, border runs etc.

Edited by SpokaneAl

Thanks for all advice. I mean, I have never seen a double entry, or triple entry, tourist visa shown on the Embassy or any Consulate websites. Only 60 day tourist visa and its cost shown. So, do you just ask for a 60 day double or triple entry tourist visa then? And they realise one, you can increase stay in Thailand to 90 day, and that then you could then do a border run and get another 90 days in Thailand? If I understand right, then this certainly is a perfect deal for me, or anyone wishing a six months stay in Thailand in each year!

Some consulates have their own application forms which are not identical to the standard form, but in all cases you would apply for a tourist visa and on the form write the number of entries (2 or 3) you want into the box provided for this. For good measure, say in a covering letter with your visa application that the visa should be valid for travel to Thailand within 6 months from issue to suit your travel plans.

Thanks for all advice. I mean, I have never seen a double entry, or triple entry, tourist visa shown on the Embassy or any Consulate websites. Only 60 day tourist visa and its cost shown. So, do you just ask for a 60 day double or triple entry tourist visa then? And they realise one, you can increase stay in Thailand to 90 day, and that then you could then do a border run and get another 90 days in Thailand? If I understand right, then this certainly is a perfect deal for me, or anyone wishing a six months stay in Thailand in each year!

This from the London embassy website.

4.   VALIDITY OF A VISA          

-  Single entry: 3 months (you must enter Thailand within the validity of visa from the date of issue)

-  Two of Three entry: 6 months (you must enter Thailand on your final visit before expiry of the visa          from the date of issue. All entry

See: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/45

This from the London embassy website.

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

- Single entry: 3 months (you must enter Thailand within the validity of visa from the date of issue)

- Two of Three entry: 6 months (you must enter Thailand on your final visit before expiry of the visa from the date of issue. All entry

See: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/45

this link contradicts what I was told the other day, namely that I had to make my second entry on a double entry tourist visa within 3 months because the visa had a 3 month "enter before" written on it. my friend just got a double entry tourist visa in vancouver this week with the same 3 month from issue "enter before" ! is britain giving out 6 months while canada only 3 months?

WOW! just checked the thai embassy site in ottawa and they agree with the british. double entry tourist visa validity is 6 months . the thai consulate in vancouver is writing an enter before that only gives 3 months!! any vancouve folks getting a double entry tourist better mention this at the counter when you apply!!

Edited by AYJAYDEE

It depends on the Embassy/Consulate that you use. You sometimes have a cover letter justifying why you should get a 2 entry, 6 month visa, others do it automatically.

yes but my friend actually has the double entry visa already but the enter before is stamped only 3 months from date of issue. that one we saw yesterday from britain was stamped 6 months out from date of issue. and it looks like ottawa is also 6 months!!

Britain:4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

- Single entry: 3 months (you must enter Thailand within the validity of visa from the date of issue)

- Two of Three entry: 6 months (you must enter Thailand on your final visit before expiry of the visa from the date of issue. All entry MUST be used all up)

Ottawa:

3. Validity of a visa

The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry) or 6 months (double or triple entries)

Vancouver:. Validity of Tourist Visa

The tourist visa must be utilized within 90 days from the date of its issuance.

Edited by AYJAYDEE

A 3 month validity on a 2 entry would not be that much of a problem unless the visa was issued weeks in advance. But if it was a 3 entry the 3rd entry would be worthless.

As said a cover letter would help.

Edit: Toronto states 6 months for 2 or 3 entry. http://www.thaiconsulatetoronto.com/visas.php

Edited by ubonjoe

A 3 month validity on a 2 entry would not be that much of a problem unless the visa was issued weeks in advance. But if it was a 3 entry the 3rd entry would be worthless.

As said a cover letter would help.

perhaps ill inform the embassy in ottawa that someone in vancouver seems to have their wires crossed!

A 3 month validity on a 2 entry would not be that much of a problem unless the visa was issued weeks in advance. But if it was a 3 entry the 3rd entry would be worthless. As said a cover letter would help. Edit: Toronto states 6 months for 2 or 3 entry. http://www.thaiconsulatetoronto.com/visas.php

lol! looks like vancouver has their heads up their ___

From the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

2. TOURIST VISA

VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

As suggested in earlier posts in this topic, it is advisable to indicate one's need for a visa validity of six months when making the application, preferably in writing with a covering letter addressed to the consul giving details of the travel plan, ie the planned dates of entry into Thailand.