I've accidentally overstayed my 90-days reporting

Just report to Immigration, they will be delighted to see you, even though it is a small fine it is income!

Yep, just go to immigration, keep in mind that they can arrest you so don't be an ass. Be polite about it and they'll sort it out for you, if you speak Thai, then an apology for your mistake and a khor chuay noi should ensure they don't fine you. Still bring 20,000 with you just in case.

in August for the first time I was 2 weeks overstay,   I suppose to pay 2000thb with the received,  but I end it up to pay only 1000THB under the table!Posted Image

It is not an overstay for late or no reports. An overstay costs 500 baht a day.

wprime, on 18 Nov 2013 - 14:00, said:
tgeezer, on 17 Nov 2013 - 15:35, said:

Just report to Immigration, they will be delighted to see you, even though it is a small fine it is income!

Yep, just go to immigration, keep in mind that they can arrest you so don't be an ass. Be polite about it and they'll sort it out for you, if you speak Thai, then an apology for your mistake and a khor chuay noi should ensure they don't fine you. Still bring 20,000 with you just in case.

Hmm, so it looks like the options are: arrest - 20k fine - 2k fine - nothing if I go home and return at Christmas. facepalm.gif

To the person that asked, no I haven't left the country since arriving. I did plan to, that's why I got the re-entry sticker, but never got around to it. At Christmas i'll go home to the UK for a couple of weeks. If that means the 90 days will reset without me paying anything, then great.

Hmm, so it looks like the options are: arrest - 20k fine - 2k fine - nothing if I go home and return at Christmas. Posted Image

To the person that asked, no I haven't left the country since arriving. I did plan to, that's why I got the re-entry sticker, but never got around to it. At Christmas i'll go home to the UK for a couple of weeks. If that means the 90 days will reset without me paying anything, then great.

The fine is 2000 baht. I have never heard of anybody paying more than that.

The 20,000 baht fine is for overstay not late reporting.

• Like 1

Say that to a Pattaya guy around 4 years ago, got slammed with a 128,000 baht fine, cos he was caught and told to this overdue 90 days piss, he didn’t not follow thru…no idea if he ever paid.

Do not become a mistdead post.

Hmm, so it looks like the options are: arrest - 20k fine - 2k fine - nothing if I go home and return at Christmas. facepalm.gif

The fine is 2000 baht. I have never heard of anybody paying more than that.

The 20,000 baht fine is for overstay not late reporting.

A fine of 128,000 minus max fine of 5000 baht would require 615 days at 200 baht a day.

I think that was some baseless rumor or an attempt at scamming somebody.

2006 Chiang Mai , 5000 bt fine and 200 bt per day extension to stay based on retirement. For one year total was 60,000 baht. The person had no clue that they had to report every 90 days. They were busted when they went to renew their extension.

A fine of 128,000 minus max fine of 5000 baht would require 615 days at 200 baht a day.

2006 Chiang Mai , 5000 bt fine and 200 bt per day extension to stay based on retirement. For one year total was 60,000 baht. The person had no clue that they had to report every 90 days. They were busted when they went to renew their extension.

Is that arithmetic correct ?smile.png

Is that arithmetic correct ?smile.png 5k on the first 90 days the 200 bt per day for the rest. 200x275=55k + 5k =60K. That 200 baht is ongoing until person reports.

Is that arithmetic correct ?Posted Image  

Mine is correct. The other one also if they let him do a 90 day report when they fined him.

Whether both are factual is another question.

• Like 1

If I recall it right, it was published at an online Pattaya news paper, and he ignored IO to pay up now, or the fine will escalate.
Also the guy was employed at some foreigner company there…something about FCT also. Rumor or not?

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

• 9 months later...

I'll be leaving permanently. The reason I don't want to report is because I finished my job several weeks ago and I can't find out if my previous employer has cancelled my work permit (school). I'm on a Non B extension that expires next year. I know I should have left within 24 hours...but...long story.(In another thread)

If they have cancelled the work permit at the Labor office... would Immigration have a record of it?

Thanks. I've contacted my former school already and when I asked if the WP has been cancelled, the response from the office girl who handles WP/Visa paperwork has been.."Don't know".

Hence my trepidation of showing up in an Immigration office.

Edited by Fullstop