Bus accident injures over 20 Russian tourists

Lite Beer

Bus accident injures over 20 Russian tourists

A tour bus flipped over on its side in Rayong, leaving 26 Russian passengers slightly injured.

The bus picked up the tourists from a hotel in Pattaya to Samet Island in Rayong. It skidded and went down the road at Khanam Rai Intersection, Panatnikom district in Chon Buri. The road was slippery because of rain, the driver said.

All passengers were transferred to Panatnikom Hospital. All are safe, officers said

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-17

• Like 1

It was the roads fault,officer,I was not driving too fast for the conditions.

Its job trying to decide which is the safest way to travel in Thailand,Air,

Rail,Boat,or Road,I suppose walking maybe best,

regards Worgeordie

Walking? Then you get run over with a motorcycle on the side walk

• Like 1

regards Worgeordie

Walking? Then you get run over with a motorcycle on the side walk

priceless....if tv could keep giving us topics to argue over.we wont need to go out..sorted..rolleyes.gif unless your caves in.w00t.gif

regards Worgeordie

Whoa, worgeordie !! Walk? Amongst all those lunatic drivers? You'll need armour like Robocop or be Superman biggrin.png

The driver said-most of the passengers were sat on the near side, we had punctures at the same time on the near side, the camber of the road slopes to the kerb, and with the wet road I used all my driving skills to avoid the bus rolling but it did, so I'm quite happy I did my best.giggle.gif

• Like 1

The original report is confusing.

The bus picked up passengers at a hotel in Pattaya to take them south to Koh Samet in Rayong province.

Why then, did they end all the way up in Chonburi province at Khanam Rai intersection, Phanat Nikom and have to go to Phanat Nikom Hospital, north of Pattaya.

Or did I misinterpret the story?

• Like 2

The bus picked up passengers at a hotel in Pattaya to take them south to Koh Samet in Rayong province.

Why then, did they end all the way up in Chonburi province at Khanam Rai intersection, Phanat Nikom and have to go to Phanat Nikom Hospital, north of Pattaya.

Sounded strange to me, but so many topics are misleading with the initial report.

OR I like you missed something, OR I,m thick.

regards Worgeordie

DOGS worgeordie if you walk you will get your leg torn to pieces by a half starved rabid soi dog

regards Worgeordie

maybe

Two walking British tourists killed by crash in Koh Samui - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628411-two-walking-british-tourists-killed-by-crash-in-koh-samui/

maybe not smile.png

Nah, it was so slippery in the rain, the skid marks were 50km long.

• Like 2

I saw this crash on the way home today. Just the clean up at about 15:30.

It really is the best (fastest way) rout to take (hwy 7 to hwy 36) unless of course you enjoy sitting at traffic lights on Suk. I take the same rout from Patts to my home 30 km SE of Rayong City .

It really is the best (fastest way) rout to take (hwy 7 to hwy 36) unless of course you enjoy sitting at traffic lights on Suk. I take the same rout from Patts to my home 30 km SE of Rayong City .

You are obviously far more familiar with the area than I. My curiosity was piqued when I read about a southbound bus from Pattaya heading for Ban Phe /Rayong, being involved in an incident and injured going to Phanat Nikhom which is to the north. Is there something wrong with this picture? just curious.

Not our Russian chums again, oh no! This will hit the tourists coming here and empty the condo's!

The bus driver will have to go back to selling noodles. a spokesperson said.

Edited by nong38

The only place you find democracy in Thailand is on the road. Everyone has a status equal to others as drivers cut others off and weave about in traffic flaunting their disregard for the safety of others. All the repressed hostility on the road gives a glimpse of the true chaos and anger within a Thai society that strangles Thais with an inauthentic Thainess.

• Like 1

post-190997-0-03653500-1384705799_thumb.

In actual fact, the tourists came to realise that they had been kidnapped to be enslaved picking grapes in Khao Yai on account of Thailands 0.6% unemployment rate, and tried to overpower the driver, who then lost control.

Don't blame me, I'm just trying to make sense of the report! ;-)

Note; Refer to map;

Pattaya - Centre left.

Koh Samed - Bottom right.

Panat Nikom - Top right!

Edited by Stuart21

Why and how do I react to all this nonsense? Am I of a better breed than the idots writing theese obvious and boring comments? Absolutely not! But my mother taught me not to flag my ignorance. Did any of you ever have a mother? If you had: What makes you think that she would applaud you voicing meanings about your thoughts about traffic in one of the worlds outposts such as Thailand? Am not sure how to spell but I'll try: Goo laah beau beau, goo laah seng seng! Or whatever. And my very best wishes to all of us who still enjoy our lives in Thailand and still meet our neighbours with a smile!

regards Worgeordie

Be lucky to survive that too.

Looking at your avatar, have you read Kubrick's Malaya Trilogy (it was still Malaya then) written while he was doing National Service over there.

My favourite is 'Always time for a Tiger'

Cheers

Edited by Bpuumike