Tourist visa to Australia for wife's cousin

Guys,

We want to invite my wife's cousin to Australia. My wife was given Permanent Partner visa during Mar-13 and she is already here with our daughter.

I sponsored my wife and also issued letter for her tourist visa.

Can I do same for her cousin as well? Will it be acceptable?

My wife had sufficient amount to show for her tourist visa, but I am not sure about the cousin who is in government job.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Edited by aparasher

The Aus government are usually worried about "reason to return to Thailand".

How long is the cousin planning on visiting for?

Is he/she planning on keeping the government job?

It would be useful getting a letter from his/her boss saying that it is ok for him/her to go on holidays for a length of time.

Are there other reasons you can think of that she wouldn't stay in Aus?

• Like 1

It would be useful getting a letter from his/her boss saying that it is ok for him/her to go on holidays for a length of time.

She will visit for 4-5 weeks during holidays at her work. She will keep her job as she has been working there for past 15-16 years. She also has her house, car, land and rest of family.

She will visit for 4-5 weeks during holidays at her work. She will keep her job as she has been working there for past 15-16 years. She also has her house, car, land and rest of family.

I don't think you would have too much of an issue then.

Follow all the instructions on the visa application. Provide her bank statements. Provide some proof of car, house, land ownership. Letter from employer. Letter from you detailing support while she's there, and probably something showing relationship to your wife.

I don't think you would have too much of an issue then.

Follow all the instructions on the visa application. Provide her bank statements. Provide some proof of car, house, land ownership. Letter from employer. Letter from you detailing support while she's there, and probably something showing relationship to your wife.

Thanks for your guidance.

Avoid using AGENTS, they are rip-off merchants.

Simply not true, whilst there are a number of agents who make false promises and charge excessive fees, there are others that will offer initial advice free and have set fees for their professional services.

Not everyone needs the services of an agent and a good agent will tell you that, but some people like the comfort and convenience of using a reputable agent.

• Like 1

Avoid using AGENTS, they are rip-off merchants.

Simply not true, whilst there are a number of agents who make false promises and charge excessive fees, there are others that will offer initial advice free and have set fees for their professional services.

Not everyone needs the services of an agent and a good agent will tell you that, but some people like the comfort and convenience of using a reputable agent.

I agree with you and Torrens. Agents are not for everyone and if you can fill out the paper yourself, then it is pretty straight forward. All thanks to members from this forum and help from Dept of Immigration, preparing application has become become easy too.

When I first wanted to apply for tourist visa for my wife, I was asked for approx 40,000 baht to help out. I called Dept of Immigration, read many helpful postings from this forum and visited other information site to decide to take a punt myself. Not only I was able to save 40,00 baht, we also managed to get 1 year tourist visa. It also got me some brownie points from missus. LOL....

So, whether agents are rip off, or not depends upon individual's definition and quite subjective.