Why do cold countries constipate me and give me piles?

Shoeboat

Whenever I go to Europe or the US or UK - especially at this time of year. I suffer a lot of discomfort after wiping my bum, and that's if I manage to push the poo out of it in the first place.

Some of my friends have said it is a dehydration issue and that one drinks less fluids when out of Asia, hence the bowel movements slow right down to an (almost) halt - but if that's the case then how come dehydration gives African kids diarrhea and dysentery?

Perhaps it is simply the diet, but I don't really feel that my bread intake is sufficiently more then it is here in Bangkok, though my vegetable and fruit intake may well be less.

Anyway, it's one of two reasons why I prefer to live in Thailand. The other is that my lips don't chap or decide to flare up with a cold sore the same day I have an important meeting.

Hydration might be an issue but the bigger issue is bound to be diet nothing to do with the weather. More fibre and a good probiotic should fix that easily enough. Exercise might also be a contributing factor maybe you are more active in the warm climate than the cold?

The constipation causes the hemorrhoids (piles).

To resolve one, have to address the other.

Nothing to do with the weather, everything to do with diet.

If you cannot improve your diet then take psyllium and/or eat prunes. And yes, more liquids. But fiber is the main thing.