Cruse Controll

Ace of Pop

They lower your KPL ,unless used on flat roads. Ive played about with them over the years when ive got bored on long runs,as most of my runs are , but their not my Ting. As for resting ones foot,i find i still cover the throttle cause folks pull out on you here so much.

I think you should cover the brake peddle, covering the throttle and you could hit them up the butt. But up to you.

Tip get a bigger car and you can see what happening up the road and you wont have to cover anything.

By the way I get better KPL using it at least 1kpl better on a run.

Never use it Fred ,i drive fast..biggrin.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lower your KPL ,unless used on flat roads. Ive played about with them over the years when ive got bored on long runs,as most of my runs are , but their not my Ting. As for resting ones foot,i find i still cover the throttle cause folks pull out on you here so much.

I think you should cover the brake peddle, covering the throttle and you could hit them up the butt. But up to you.

Tip get a bigger car and you can see what happening up the road and you wont have to cover anything.

Sorry to say that your post's get sillier by the day/hour.

May I just point out that your car doesn't have C/C maybe that's why you don't use it.

For the life of me cant see how by driving fast that BTW you can do with CC explains how you cover the throttle and not the brake or make's you a better man for that matter.

Just a thought next time you want to make a post wright down your thoughts on a bit of paper first and then give it to a Thai peep's to see if it make's sense.

Edited by fredob43

Somebody with a positive attitude would say 'they increase your KPL, unless you drive in the mountains'.

• Like 1

Sorry to say that your post's get sillier by the day/hour.

May I just point out that your car doesn't have C/C maybe that's why you don't use it.

For the life of me cant see how by driving fast that BTW you can do with CC explains how you cover the throttle and not the brake or make's you a better man for that matter.

Just a thought next time you want to make a post wright down your thoughts on a bit of paper first and then give it to a Thai peep's to see if it make's sen

Over a long drive on the flat they can do, you loose out when engine breaking kicks in downhil stretches and needs more gas to get up the other side.. If you like em O.K., but ide gladly give mine to a Chum who wants one,if you could just plug it in.thumbsup.gif

No. The overrun saves fuel. You belt down hills so that you can speed up the next one, foot down all the way. That's up to you but it's tear-arsing not cruising. You are using more fuel in the hills than a CC user or even a someone without CC who uses the throttle gently.

My 3 Cars Accord/Civic and Trailblazer all new have C.C. My Jags Range Rovers and Benzes have had them for 20 odd years so i have no idea what you Ramble on About. If U read the other Posts many agree its useless here generally.cheesy.gif

Apparently not for you but that's because you're a boy racer.

• Like 1

" Lets Vote. How many Folks use them here.?. Or regard them as important."

Not important, CC ok on a car sometimes, wouldn't want one on my motorbike.

BTW like you humour, bloody miserable sods on ere sometimes eh, dunno why they bother looking if they don't like.

• Like 2

Not sure that I agree in totality with what you say.

My recent purchase has been the only car that I have owned which was fitted with this feature in Thailand, I've had rental/lease cars that had the feature also. However, the car I now own is the only one where I have paid any real attention to fuel economy. This is probably because I'm now paying the bills.

I use cruise control on longer highway excursions and nominally get better than 0.5km/l more than if I don't use it. If I need to do a lot of overtaking (on any terrain), then this reduces.

In heavy traffic it's useless unless you want to be the slowest vehicle on that particular stretch of road. That can be very slow indeed,

Jerry

• Like 1

If the vehicle Iam driving has cruise fitted I definitely use it.

Spooney, You would use an Ejector Seat on Beach Road if you had one.biggrin.png

Ive not driven beach road for a few years now but if vehicle was equipped with an ejector seat why would I use it ?

I guess you are posting your "humour" again but seriously it is lost on me and infact I find it outright aggravating.

Aggravating? I would describe it only as childish…

• Like 1

Ive not driven beach road for a few years now but if vehicle was equipped with an ejector seat why would I use it ?

I guess you are posting your "humour" again but seriously it is lost on me and infact I find it outright aggravating.

Lord its hard to be Humble.. when youre perfect in every way.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

According to Kwasaki it's some form of humour. Still working on that one.

CC is not for me, irrelevant of what car i'm driving.

I like to drive the car, not just sit there and steer it!

P.S I also can't believe that some posters are noting a saving of 0.5 km p ltr.

If that is so relevant to you, then i suggest buying an eco car or better still

use public transport, it'll save you a fortune!

• Like 1

CC is not for me, irrelevant of what car i'm driving.

I like to drive the car, not just sit there and steer it!

P.S I also can't believe that some posters are noting a saving of 0.5 km p ltr.

If that is so relevant to you, then i suggest buying an eco car or better still

use public transport, it'll save you a fortune!

I think you have missed the point about fuel saving, it has been stated by some peep's that you don't save monies using C/C it was just pointed out to clarify same that you do.

I also like to drive my car but on journeys of lets say 500km sometimes it's a Buddha sent to have a bit of a rest when possible.

Never used cruise control before untill I got a new Fiesta about a year ago and must say it scared the s**te out of me at first. Its a weird feeling to be at the wheel as many have said already but I adjusted to suit (without any compromise to safety I should add) and now find it a great assett.

Also true what others have said that it's use here is limited, but thats up to us as resposible road users to use it as and when appropriate. As far as economy goes, I've found the difference using it far greater than stated here. I recently got around 16 to 17 Kpl on a long run, thats over 45 mpg (UK), I'm lucky to get half that around town. In fact I even apologised to the Ford dealer as I'd previously complained about the poor economy and his explanation turned out to be spot on.

• Like 1

These gadgets are fine if you like them. <snip>

That's a big turnaround, glad to see you're listeing to the opinions of others smile.png

He always listens... he just thinks the forum lacks controversy, and aims to rectify that on every other post :)

• Like 1

Point being that one can fit an Aftermarket C.C. for about 150 GDP. Factory charges tooooooooooooooo much, A GPS Garmin Type is value compared to the overpriced tings in our rides.. Dont know if i can park today without Park Assist , Rea View Camera, and Dash Cams to record the Bump. .biggrin.png .

According to Kwasaki it's some form of humour. Still working on that one.

On general there's an " ignore " topic maybe you should use it and you wouldn't have to work so hard. laugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

Kwakers, some here enjoy cheking out Macro Cheese Prices.............cheesy.gif .

I like other have just about had enough of the stupid IDIOTS on Thai Visa that think they are cleaver.

May I suggest you all get some form of life then maybe we won't have to read your senseless stupid childish post.

Point in question anyone who has put in nearly 1,800 post in less than 9 month's is either extremely cleaver or as I suspect a very lonely complete plonker with a very small brain that just want's to build up post number's.

Please do everyone a favour and find another site to post on, and leave T/V to the more intelligent posters.

Sorry about the above rant Mod's but someone has to say something before T/Visa becomes a total miss/mash.

• Like 1

Kwakers, some here enjoy cheking out Macro Cheese Prices.............Posted Image .

I like other have just about had enough of the stupid IDIOTS on Thai Visa that think they are cleaver.

May I suggest you all get some form of life then maybe we won't have to read your senseless stupid childish post.

Point in question anyone who has put in nearly 1,800 post in less than 9 month's is either extremely cleaver or as I suspect a very lonely complete plonker with a very small brain that just want's to build up post number's.

Please do everyone a favour and find another site to post on, and leave T/V to the more intelligent posters.

Sorry about the above rant Mod's but someone has to say something before T/Visa becomes a total miss/mash.

I think you are too late. T/V is already a total miss mash and has been for some time. Just getting worse by the day.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kwakers, some here enjoy cheking out Macro Cheese Prices.............cheesy.gif .

I think you are too late. T/V is already a total miss mash and has been for some time. Just getting worse by the day.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Only 29 posts and you've already figured that out, well done! tongue.png

OfficialAchievementCertificate.jpg

Don't take it all too seriously :D

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1