What is this plant?

. . . and more important, where can I buy them? See photo.

A neighbor has several of these. She says she dug them up in the woods. Kham Thieng Market in Chiang Mai doesn't seem to have them, and nobody there knows what they are.

These, in the photo stand about knee-high to chest-high.

post-137790-0-70100100-1384840110_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All, TT, something like Wad sa Na, it means good luck or something.

We have them here in Korat, the blossoms come out in the evening and

have a strong pleasant fragrance.

rice555

I looked that up (วาสนา) and it looks quite different to me..

Not convinced it's a yucca either..

I've sent the pic to my main plant ID gurus, including a botanical garden director, and the author of a book on Thai plants. No answer so far.

Could this be a trick question? Are you sure those perfect little white flowers are not plastic, photoshopped or otherwise superimposed?

Lawerence are you putting us on? Go and take a closer look at that plant please. don

I've sent the pic to my main plant ID gurus, including a botanical garden director, and the author of a book on Thai plants. No answer so far.

Could this be a trick question? Are you sure those perfect little white flowers are not plastic, photoshopped or otherwise superimposed?

Lawerence are you putting us on? Go and take a closer look at that plant please. don

I am the OP. I'm surprised this is still generating interest. I think I posted it some time in September.

Anyway, I think Don may be on to something. Look at those flowers. No unopened blooms, none withered. So regular. And now that this much time has passed, the flowers stay there, the same all the time.

I wasn't pulling anybody's leg, but I think the neighbor lady has put one over on me (us?). Don got me thinking. I now think the most likely explanation is that this lady stuck a bunch of long-stemmed plastic flowers in a dracena or yucca to dress it up. It would be easy to keep moving the flowers as the lower leaves drop and new ones form on top.

Someone said he didn't see any leaves, but I believe I said in my initial post, or the second one, that the leaves are just like a dracena, but mostly hidden by those flowers.

I spoke to the neighbor way back when. She was sitting on her porch, but there is a small irrigation canal in front of her house, so we spoke from maybe seven meters apart. Her gate was closed and she didn't invite me in for a closer look.

Next time I pass, I will be sure to stop and have a good look.

• 2 weeks later...