Need a decent shop

yourauntbob

Ok, so my car is older (1991) but runs fine. I have been putting good money into it over the last couple of years but have been noticing that things that get fixed keep needing refixed. At first I thought the shop i was going to, lets call it the rooster pit, was honest. They were letting me know what needs fixed and suprisingly what doesnt. But either they are slow bleeding me or completely incompetent. Either way, my brakes squeek loud enough to hear them a kilo away and my A/C just turned off for the third time in a year. I have put good money into both of these things. The rooster pit to their credit did well for me on my transmittion but then again, it went shortly after I got the brakes fixed.

Anyway, to my point. Does anyone know a decent mechanic? Most important is honesty and quality work of course. I dont mind paying (a bit) extra to someone who i can rely on.

Preferably in the Ramkamhaeng or Min buri area but I would be willing to travel a bit if the shop was worth it.

Cheers

You say that things that get fixed keep needing to be refixed, depends what they are, how old and whether there is any type of guarantee on the work they have done.

I know more expensive but if you take your model of car to a main dealer you have more scope with getting things right, if what they have fixed goes wrong again, you can take it back etc etc.

That said, depends on whether your main dealer is any good.

Brake squeal can be common with cheap brake pads, if your discs are ok change pads for OEM or good quality ones.

I can only suggest a ' Cockpit ' outlet near you or one similar, the ' B - quick ' seem to get good reports.

Wife's car coming up for 6 year old is still not old really I know but ' Cockpit ' in our area have serviced it from a year old because our main dealer is not as good as they are.

• Like 2

This is a Toyota problem in Rural Areas. They are not like Honda who know bugger all about Diesel Engines. and when "Toyo Rustic" see a Benzine Car they Freeze Up. I go to Toyo quite often with Trucks and they are Superb,and open on Sunday. Honda are like a Load of Office Tarts at times. Clock Watchers , but efficient also. Id just add Tyre Plus to your list Kwakers.thumbsup.gif .

This is a Toyota problem in Rural Areas. They are not like Honda who know bugger all about Diesel Engines. and when "Toyo Rustic" see a Benzine Car they Freeze Up. I go to Toyo quite often with Trucks and they are Superb,and open on Sunday. Honda are like a Load of Office Tarts at times. Clock Watchers , but efficient also. Id just add Tyre Plus to your list Kwakers.thumbsup.gif .

haha, i have a honda accord.

You say that things that get fixed keep needing to be refixed, depends what they are, how old and whether there is any type of guarantee on the work they have done.

I know more expensive but if you take your model of car to a main dealer you have more scope with getting things right, if what they have fixed goes wrong again, you can take it back etc etc.

That said, depends on whether your main dealer is any good.

Brake squeal can be common with cheap brake pads, if your discs are ok change pads for OEM or good quality ones.

I can only suggest a ' Cockpit ' outlet near you or one similar, the ' B - quick ' seem to get good reports.

Wife's car coming up for 6 year old is still not old really I know but ' Cockpit ' in our area have serviced it from a year old because our main dealer is not as good as they are.

if you read between the lines above, cockpit is the company i have had the trouble with. both my car, and the missus seems to have more problems not long after they fix something for us. recently the missus has heard a story or two of them reusing parts and people complaining. i am done with them, would like to find a good independent shop. its been my experience in the USA that they are hard to find but well worth it when you do. i plan to try a new shop out but hoped the kind people of TV might have a suggestion or two.

• Like 1

If You have a Honda why not go there , you save peanuts going anywhere else , exept for Tyres etc.biggrin.png

I have been quoted prices 4,5, and even 6x the typical cost at the dealer. Just yesterday the missus went to her dealer (toyota) and was quoted 3,000 PER break pad. that is not the whole break, just the ***** pad. that is not peanuts. i am comfortable in my earnings here, but i dont have that type of money to flush down the toilet.

I gave up on the auto mechanic shops here a year ago. Replace a part, part goes out 2-3 months later. I think some are legit but most are scams. Take it to the dealer, in the end you will spend less money and lower your blood pressure. While the dealer works on your car walk to the nearest bar and numb yourself with alcohol thus making the bill you receive when you pick up your car less traumatic. Kinda how the dentist numbs you up before working on your teeth. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If You have a Honda why not go there , you save peanuts going anywhere else , exept for Tyres etc.biggrin.png

I have been quoted prices 4,5, and even 6x the typical cost at the dealer. Just yesterday the missus went to her dealer (toyota) and was quoted 3,000 PER break pad. that is not the whole break, just the ***** pad. that is not peanuts. i am comfortable in my earnings here, but i dont have that type of money to flush down the toilet.

3K Per Pad.?. Porky Pies from somebody. or its a Toyota Hybrid Bugatti.biggrin.png .

Found my shop! Great place on Ramkamhaeng Road between soi 166-168. There is a mechanic with an a/c shop next door. They fixed up both our cars and were very honest about what we needed. He could have easily quoted me a high price since i have no clue whats going on but only 400baht and the work was done in 30 minutes. Even took a pic of my car so he could remmeber me next time. He even refused the 100 baht tip i offerred.

The shop next door fixed up the missus car for 1/10 of what the dealer wanted (litterally). So far, so good. I may just have my new shop. If anyone is in a similiar sitation then pm me and i can send you a pic of the shop.

Cheers

Auntbob

Edited by yourauntbob